Page 16 of 167 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Hick, sorry to hear about your sled blowing up.

Nads, killer stoke.
    Wish we had your snow down here right now.
    This weekend = rain.

Blurred, for fuck sake man, get off the fucking ski-doo psa thing.
    At this point in the thread it's pretty clear to people that there are issues and what your opinion is on the subject.

My new sled finally!!11231@#!@#$!@#$#@$

FWIW, I tried extending my subfloor back through the length of the tailgate for kind of a "poor mans sled bed". (that only carries one sled)

Looks: Ghetto. My original subfloor is pretty well constructed and painted black. When the tailgate is up it looks very stealth. Adding the "extender" over the tailgate makes the whole setup look G-H-E-T-T-O.

Function: To be determined but lets just say, at this point, I wish I would have gone with a single trailer. The box is too high to easily use a 7 foot ramp (I think) and finding any ramp that is longer is next to impossible (or very expensive)

In short, there is a reason why sled beds cost money and trailers are the standard way to haul a sled.

For those of you who use a pickup truck how do you get your skis around? The whole reason I need the "subfloor extender" is to have a place to safely put all my gear while my truck is in motion (and locking it is nice).

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Yo vibes, mayne.

Nobody in this long ass thread has really said that ski-doos suck to ride,
    They're just tired of them grenading.

If you want to keep dumping money in a sled cuz you think it looks cooler or your friends say they're the "bomb diggity", so be it.

None of these PSA's are coming from ski-poo representatives.....they're just coming from, IMO, the most experienced riders here saying the shit 'nades all the time. It's not a rumor, it's pretty common knowledge.....why you guys call it hating, I don't know. It's fact.

Why people keep buying a brand that is known to be a pos and nade all the time still blows my mind.......

Rider skill and familiarity with your machine is more important than anything else.
    Nade? Mmmmkay... If anyone had any sense, they'd have bought a 600lb tank like yours since sled technology pretty much fell off after 1999, right?
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11 View Post
    Nade? Mmmmkay... If anyone had any sense, they'd have bought a 600lb tank like yours since sled technology pretty much fell off after 1999, right?
    Please don't encourage the ford vs. chevy dick-swinging wars.

JJ, most folks that travel with the sled in the truck leave them attached to the sled (in a cfr rack, or however they carry them.)

If you don't have a rack, check out www.sledmods.com, there's a contest to win one with very few entrants so far & it ends soon.

Not sure how you built yours, but my buddy's platform he built in his ranger has room for his ramp, and a few sets of skis or boards. Packs he keeps inside.

As for the doos, I don't hate them by any means, it's just a reality that I try to let people know from the experience that I have. In riding for a shop that works on a number of machines I'm in a unique position to see much more of a cross section of the market than most. Until 010, doo made the lightest, strongest (HP) sled on the market, they just tend to have motor issues, people ride them & they work, you just deal with the issues when they happen.

Will it cost you a bit more in the long run to run a doo? maybe, do the rest of us have to spend more money to make our sleds as light as a doo? Definately.

btw, JV Glad it's working for you, that one is different than the new ones, but it's the same length ramp & same width deck, biggest difference is weight, not a big upgrade to go to the new ones. I LOVE mine though, to have an expandable that is so easy to pull out of the truck is SuhWEET!

Holy shit this has been covered 6.3 times in this fucking thread, let it die aready, there is obviously a lot more to a sled than an engine, blah.

On another note I know the yammys are heavy but do the newer nytros ride similar to rev and dragon chassis? with a turbo (granted + $4K extra) and 4 stroke torque seems like a good way to get 2 skiers to the top of a deep uproute.

Quote Originally Posted by AKturnanburn View Post
    Holy shit this has been covered 6.3 times in this fucking thread, let it die aready, there is obviously a lot more to a sled than an engine, blah.

On another note I know the yammys are heavy but do the newer nytros ride similar to rev and dragon chassis? with a turbo (granted + $4K extra) and 4 stroke torque seems like a good way to get 2 skiers to the top of a deep uproute.
    My bad on bringing it up again. I was drowning in tears and fishing for vibes to speed up the sled recovery process...it backfired.

On the topic of the Nytro, anybody see Alford killing it on his 32-30 467lb turbo nytro in 2strokeCS 12? There is a little beta about the sled in the most recent issue of Sledheads also. If I could afford to build a nytro like that, I'd be on one in a heartbeat. Doesn't answer your question, but I've been curious about this to.

Quoting a friend who somehow manages to ride everything...
    The Nytro is a bit more cumbersome when it comes to boondocking, especially if things get tight. As a sled ski specific rig, I personally wont rule them out when it comes time to replace our current sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Quoting a friend who somehow manages to ride everything...
    The Nytro is a bit more cumbersome when it comes to boondocking, especially if things get tight. As a sled ski specific rig, I personally wont rule them out when it comes time to replace our current sleds.
    I need some more time on newer M sleds but compared to the dragon and XP I rode last year, my Nytro seems much more nimble than either of those. They both felt more planted, more effort to lay over. Because of the more planted feeling we usually used the XP for doubling up stuff, my Nytro would tend to want to carve towards the side of the heavier person. Also, comparing my stock Nytro to a stock 800R, the doo did seem to have an easier time dragging two people to the top.

A turbo kit is going to run you more like 6k + installation.

I got my first ride of the season in this morning. There wasn't a ton of fresh but I can definitely tell that my doo XRS skid and AC power claw track is a huge improvement over my stock setup.

Were the sway bars still installed on the XP?
    I yanked them on both of mine (Rev not XP) and it made a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Were the sway bars still installed on the XP?
    I yanked them on both of mine (Rev not XP) and it made a world of difference.
    Good question. I'll ask my buddy, my guess is that they probably were. Mine are still connected, I've heard it will make my sled even easier to lay over but I've also heard not to disconnect until I get some upgraded shocks which probably won't happen until mid-season.

Thanks for the vibes fuckers! Got the call today that my sled is ready to rip again! For any SW MT bile Mags with a Doo, Yellowstone Adventures has excellent service and quick turnaround. Those guys got me out quick despite the fact that they were swamped when I pulled my buggey down there. Now, back to my throttle thumb workout.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11 View Post
    Actually, even the newest 2010 summit 800 comes in less than 50 lbs lighter than my sled which has a bigger engine. I mean if my tank has like 6-7 gallons of fuel less than you, it's lighter than yours. Maybe it's cuz I weigh 50 lbs more than you, but "riding" my sled is anything but difficult.
    Weren't you the same one telling me last year everyone in CB was rocking Arctic Cats and you wanted to sell your Summit?

BTW- like dirt bikes, sleds will all be 4 strokes soon.

Me likey, I'll take the extra weight the girly boyz can't handle, especially if it means the engine will be good for 10k and I'm done buying 2 stroke oil-
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGrssVxwTs"]YouTube- Nytro FX turbo[/ame]

^^^^^^^^

LOL, I got botted.

Well, I can tell you the 2011 ski-doo summits are still 2 stroke. What I can't tell you is anything else about them... Oh and pretty sure ski-doo isn't making that 4stroke sled they had 3 years ago anymore. So much for moving towards 4 stroke sleds.

How about posting photos of you riding your super awesome radgnar sled instead of bitching all the time? Everyone else is contributing to stoke but you blurred. I can't wait to see your "man" skills, you talk a big game about how awesome your sled is and how shitty everyone else is but I have yet to see anything from you but verbal diarrhea.

Oh yeah, and as someone who has actually ridden a turbo nytro, they're good for going straight, and spending 30,000$. That's about it. They break down all the time and suck to turn. Most of the people you'll see riding turbo nytros are probably 50, and spend their weekends polishing the chrome finish on their upgraded tunnel because they only get out to ride it two days a month or less. Such has been my experience anyways with owners of turbo nytros... feel free to share if anyone has a person account otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    How about posting photos of you riding your super awesome radgnar sled instead of bitching all the time? Everyone else is contributing to stoke but you blurred. I can't wait to see your "man" skills, you talk a big game about how awesome your sled is and how shitty everyone else is but I have yet to see anything from you but verbal diarrhea.
    I'll leave the dickwaving to the only girl posting in this thread, she's got it covered for at least 10-20 of us men. Please quit stalking me btw......you're no longer my facebook friend.

Congrats Hicks, good luck sincerely.

Considering buying my first sled and came across an 06 polaris rmk 900 151", low miles, price I can deal with. Any experience with this sled? Good sled? Looking for a sled for ski access, and tandeming to the top.
    Go Sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Oh and pretty sure ski-doo isn't making that 4stroke sled they had 3 years ago anymore. So much for moving towards 4 stroke sleds.
    do you mean the 1200? if they got rid of that, that's disappointing!

One of my good friends just turbo'd one of them & with how light they are, I'm excited to ride one, it looks like a blast.

As for the nytros, I'm not a fan either, but I know quite a few badasses that ride them. They're a different machine for sure, but I think saying they're for going straight is like saying that skidoos don't run, both have a BIT of truth to them, but are a pretty serious exaggeration. I've seen some guy skill it on turbo yammis in the trees, but I'd still rather be on my wife's turbo 8 instead.

btw fluffballs, after this little bit of moderate thinking, let's go with an absolute that won't be argued. (much!)

The 900 polaris is truly the worst sled that has been created. They have very serious engine issues that can be overcome if you're a solid mechanic, but if you're not wrench savvy, it could be a bad idea. That said, just like every absolute, I DO know a few people that have had good luck with the 900 but they are few & far.

Adding to the stoke................

My 5th ride ever!!! First POW day on the sled.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffballs View Post
    Considering buying my first sled and came across an 06 polaris rmk 900 151", low miles, price I can deal with. Any experience with this sled? Good sled? Looking for a sled for ski access, and tandeming to the top.
    I wouldn't buy that sled. They had tons of issues in 05 and I'm not so sure they were resolved in 06. There is a reason those sleds are all over the internet for a thousand to fifteen hundred cheaper than anything else made the same year.

If it's all you can afford then by all means get in the game. Parts are cheap for those sleds as well. I know a few people who still ride that sled and never had any problems and others who sold them after a few months.

How much is the person asking and how many miles?

$3950, 150miles, "all updates have been done"
    Go Sharks.

150 miles is very low for an 06. As long as you don't think they disconnected the speedo I would consider it. For four grand you can beat the hell out of it and not care. You won't find a better deal on the internet.

I would offer $3500 cash.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I just want to make sure it's not going to be a headache from the get go. "The 900 polaris is truly the worst sled that has been created." makes me a little nervous.
    Go Sharks.