Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Looking at possibly picking up a 03.5' Cat 900 1m 159 track. Any opinions? Looks like a pretty solid sled, although the chassis is a bit dated. Can this be fixed with a riser bar/seat? I'm a total snowmobile jong, but am mechanically inclined, just never worked on a sled before. Rebuilt many Supra motors back in the day .
    Miles ?

Efi or carbed ? Carbs doesnt get as good as MPG and cats EFI is bomb . I rode with a guy who had a carbed M7 and we got 2 x the MPG on EFI. Might not have had it dialed but why fiddle when you can pull and go.

M sleds went to a more forward chassis but the K sleds have A arms which are superior to trailing arms. 03 sled from the others mostly have trailing arms . The rev came out then maybe .

If you can rebuild, top ends take guys not much time if you are wrenchy .

900 KK should have all the HP you need for a while.

Beware of the Attak 20 track (dont know if its on that ) . Worst all around track ever . Best powder track , worst everthing else track. Unless you flip it and bend the paddles back using a heat gun and a jig . Even then its not that good .Guys have succeeded , I think all those threads vanished with old Snowest 2 years ago.

A riser only goes so far on Cats unless you want to extend cables on a cat.

A seat there is better spent $300 than a seat ,aftermarket skis = better.
    Last edited by Jong 3:16; 12-10-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong 3:16 View Post
    Miles ?

Efi or carbed ? Carbs doesnt get as good as MPG and cats EFI is bomb . I rode with a guy who had a carbed M7 and we got 2 x the MPG on EFI. Might not have had it dialed but why fiddle when you can pull and go.

M sleds went to a more forward chassis but the K sleds have A arms which are superior to trailing arms. 03 sled from the others mostly have trailing arms . The rev came out then maybe .

If you can rebuild, top ends take guys not much time if you are wrenchy .

900 KK should have all the HP you need for a while.

Beware of the Attak 20 track (dont know if its on that ) . Worst all around track ever . Best powder track , worst everthing else track. Unless you flip it and bend the paddles back using a heat gun and a jig . Even then its not that good .Guys have succeeded , I think all those threads vanished with old Snowest 2 years ago.
    1700 miles, 3k asking price, carb'd

[ame="http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222"]All you ever need to know about the 1M[/ame]

Good price. 2" riser, Boss seat, run it.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Seems like a good deal if you have 3k cash . should be cheaper with hundreds in your hand .(offer $2700 on the spot cash but have backup) If your not going high mileage the carbs shouldnt be a deal . It might be dialed in I dunno , it seems is EFI gets a couple MPG better .

I would rather get SLP powder pros than a Boss seat .
    Last edited by Jong 3:16; 12-10-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate the info. Might try to find an efi model, any pros/cons between efi and carbd other then the obvious mpg savings/start and go and cost of repair if something does go horribly wrong with the efi version?

Edit: Also I understand tuning with carbs can be accomplished a bit easier. Has anyone here run the boondocker fuel controller for efi? It's just a piggyback, correct? Do most people run a wideband o2 sensor when tuning? What kind of gains have people seen from bolt on mods and tuning with a fuel controller?
    Last edited by JTrue; 12-10-2009 at 11:48 AM.

http://sledmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=827

raffle/win a Cheetah Factory Racing rack on sledmods.com - CO based sled forum, buncha good guys.

Iain

Time to turn up the stoke in this thread...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ie7HlJ_Zn0"]YouTube- Slednecks 12 - Chris Burandt[/ame]

How are Doo XRS skids? My mechanic is trying to talk me into putting one of those on my Nytro to save money over a Timbersled. He said it should perform pretty well and save almost as much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post

NICE! just watched that 3 times! Stoked! Here's a few pics from the first ride of the season about three weeks ago.

Thumbs up

Holy shitballs of deepness! Sick fuckin' segment.

Make sure to checkout the linked Dan Treadway clips...
    Fantastic stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXOHFOUR View Post
    NICE! just watched that 3 times! Stoked! Here's a few pics from the first ride of the season about three weeks ago.
    Nice!
    I see three rev's without blown motors...
    Or did two of them get towed out?

Nice!
    I see three rev's without blown motors...
    Or did two of them get towed out?
    All seem to be running well...could use some fresh snow though! Just watched the Geoff Kyle clip again this morning, damn I want some POW!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You don't really need handles. Take a 100 ft. rope, tie the middle to the sled with two 50ft. tails. Just use your poles for handles. Either tie loops or just wrap the rope over itself on the pole, if your not going a long way.

If your towing a long way, like 10 miles, using an MTB tube with a munter hitch will save your arms and lower back.
    Do many of you guys really still tow? I guess for places like Vail pass I can see it, but if you're towing that just means you need more friends with sleds!

We stopped towing years ago, you can lap MUCH faster when it's a 2:1 ratio & you ride both up. I do ride much more aggressive terrain than most (getting to the top anyhow), so we've adapted to this differently I suppose.

how deep?

Hey Highangle how is the the firehouse trail so far this season?

the trail up sucks a little less than normal, this weekend should bring back the whoopdedoos

snow's not too bad up to the cabin and Fun Hill, except for a little dry crustyness

up above treeline, it's crusted and slabby on southern and northern aspects, lots of good deep pow above 2500 on all other aspects

lots of hoar has built up over the last week
    it's several inches deep in a lot of places, and it looks -22 here, instead of +22

unless we get a good warmup before the next dump, this hoar will cause lots of instability when it gets buried

Last edited by highangle; 12-12-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Bah, one big 960mb low will flush out that dirty hoar.

Was up riding today, lots of fun, blue skies and great friends.

Last few taken by Scott Fullmer.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    How are Doo XRS skids? My mechanic is trying to talk me into putting one of those on my Nytro to save money over a Timbersled. He said it should perform pretty well and save almost as much weight.
    I think you'd be happy with that over a T-sled skid, the t-sled is a bit weak, and most stock skids can get close to the t-sled with a comparable amount of jumk pulled from them.

The best cheap skid you will find that comes close to the T-sled in weight is the 08 & newer cat skid, you can buy it as a kit for a reasonable price & it comes with a float in the rear.

Sled jumping / freestyle does nothing for me. The guys got balls though, gotta give 'em that.

I went for the first ride of the season shakedown run yesterday. Everything worked and i had zero problems so i was able to do some skiing. We sledded to the wilderness boundary then skinned/shoed up Ball Butte. We have about 4" of new on top of a base that had gotten very warm and refrozen crusty. Great riding on leeward slopes but sketchy everywhere else.

It was the first time i've tried hauling skis and I thought i might have to make some major mods. I Was very pleased to have my skis securely attached within 5 minutes and using only 2 bungee cords and a little bit of pipe insulation.

My custom seat setup i think may be the best way yet that i've seen to carry boards or skis. In fact, this time i carried my skis and my GF's board. If i were to have a custom molded gas tank, I could probably stuff the board/skis all the way up to the sled's airbox and steering column. That wouldn't leave much hanging off the back!

Also first ride on my new 08/09 Anti Pistes. Couldn't say if it was maaaybe just the conditions, but they seem to do exactly what i wanted: float better and initiate turns a lot better (than my G3 Tickets).

Oh, also it was my first time sledding in ski boots. I just picked up a pair of Scarpa Matrix for $75 on craigslist. THey have a full length vibram sole and in walk-mode they worked great for sledding, i barely even thought about them. I was super stoked about that!

Quote Originally Posted by TroySmith80 View Post
    Is this you skinning and humping your girls board? Awww, how cute.

Yup, what a guy eh? :-)

There was a stretch where i was actually skiing down with the board still on my back... that seemed odd, lol.

She had a bit of a rough day. I have a bad habit of thinking she'll be ok, and dragging her into stuff way beyond her experience level. Then she gets tired, hits the wall, gets very grumpy, tears, etc.. I gotta quit doing that!