Page 142 of 167 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4154
    Any of you guys have polaris 650 (model nordic pro. I don't know do you have that there, but models with that engine you have)? Or titan xc 800? Going to get new sled and these two are on top of my list with some BRB options.

Any known problems with 650 or 800?

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    I know not a lot about sleds. Just bought a property in WA that will be accessed in the winter by about 6 miles of forest service road that is groomed for sleds.

Any recommendations for where to start learning what I need and what I want to look for?
    Will about $4,500 get me something legit?
    Electric start and reverse are nice to have, especially if your using it more as a tool and less as a toy. But all things considered if you're riding 6m of groomed trails to and from a cabin you don't need much of anything fancy. Any older trail sled that's been well maintained will get you there and back easily and they'll be easier to work on if you're mechanically inclined than something more modern. It might be worth holding out for one that comes with a utility sled if you're going to need to bring a bunch of food, gas, and gear to your place.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Electric start and reverse are nice to have, especially if your using it more as a tool and less as a toy. But all things considered if you're riding 6m of groomed trails to and from a cabin you don't need much of anything fancy. Any older trail sled that's been well maintained will get you there and back easily and they'll be easier to work on if you're mechanically inclined than something more modern. It might be worth holding out for one that comes with a utility sled if you're going to need to bring a bunch of food, gas, and gear to your place.
    Right on, I don't think I'd be doing a ton of "hauling," and would like the flexibility to go off-trail some, so it looks like mountain sled is the right move.
    Track length - do I want 164? Will 154 work?

Right on, I don't think I'd be doing a ton of "hauling," and would like the flexibility to go off-trail some, so it looks like mountain sled is the right move.
    Track length - do I want 164? Will 154 work?
    154 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If the ad doesn't say, and if it still has the original stickers on it, there will be one on the side of the tunnel near the back that says Rev XM and a sticker on the hood that says etec. I suppose someone could fake this but doubt that's common. Most (all?) 2013-2015s should be XM chassis and etec engines.
    Only thing I know about RMKs is that nobody I know rides one.
    The 2016 was the last year of the 800 etc with the XM platform.

I'd go with whatever brand the nearest dealer carries and services unless you're confident you can do all the work yourself. Go chat with the service guys and ask them what they'd be looking for based on your plans and priorities (performance, reliability, part availability, etc).
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    The 2016 was the last year of the 800 etc with the XM platform.

I'd go with whatever brand the nearest dealer carries and services unless you're confident you can do all the work yourself. Go chat with the service guys and ask them what they'd be looking for based on your plans and priorities (performance, reliability, part availability, etc).
    Some of the best advice you can get right here. Your service guys will be your best friends. Get to know them well. Our local ski-doo shop just closed (and our only sled shop) and I’m not happy with the having to drive 1.5-2 hours to get to the nearest dealer. It’s going to suck for small repairs/parts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Last skiing trip at end of May. Finally summer is ending and snowing again. Couple of months and it's on!

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Thanks for all of the advice in this thread mags - brought this home last weekend and should make for a fun 21/22 season primarily in the Valemount/Mcbride area for ski touring.

2015 Skidoo Summit X 800R E-tec - 163" w/ electric start and full pull start - has 1800km. In other words, WAAAY too much sled for a first timer but I'll get good at digging snow and also will go with friends who know what they're doing so they can break a track during my very early learning days.

Since i'm in canuckland, it only makes sense to support the folks at CFR so I'll grab a rack and some ski/snowboard brackets from them and then its brap brap time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9949.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	384810

Badass! I have the same sled and it rips. Best version on the XM available IMO. Freeride was cool also but color schemes were meh. Just noticed it isn't a T3? Kinda uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Badass! I have the same sled and it rips. Best version on the XM available IMO. Freeride was cool also but color schemes were meh. Just noticed it isn't a T3? Kinda uncommon.
    Yeah it is a T3..haha, at least, I think! - better photo.

Name:	IMG_9910.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	384817

Sweet ride man! Whole lot of terrain in the Robson and N.Thompson that will be much more available to you!

Time to get my old sled to the shop for the pre-season work as well. Might not get the pre-Halloween 3ft dump we got last year to start the season, but one should always be prepared

Yeah that looks like a T3. Probably just missing the stickers.

Great looking machine - looks clean and stock which is typically a good thing except maybe a shorter riser? Looks like the limiter strap is even still in stock position. 1800km is nothing for that engine. Electric start will be your friend - especially when starting a lot after getting stuck. I believe the X only came with T3 in 2015 & 2016. You'll appreciate having the length for tandeming for sled skiing. Now time to start spending money on upgrades you don't really need and wish you had saved for repairs/maintenance down the road
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Personally if I had $4500 and was looking to buy a mountain sled, I'd look for a 2013 or newer Ski Doo Summit. XM chassis and 800 Etec engine.. Newest/lowest mileage/best condition that I could find.
    Actually that's exactly what I did last year.
    Starting to look like 2013+ might be out of my price range. Most seem to be listed around $5500
    I've seen a handful of 2009-2011 Summit's in my range. Thoughts?
    Like this one

Starting to look like 2013+ might be out of my price range. Most seem to be listed around $5500
    Like this one
    Most people think their sleds are worth more than they are. This game requires patience. I paid $4250 last year for a 2013 with around 2400mi. They're out there.

You can get XP chassis Ski-Doos with the E-Tec engine. 2012 for sure, some 2011s? I always forget the model year breaks but somebody will know.

I wouldn't get one with the older engine, I'd hold out for an e-tec. The XM chassis is better but the XP is OK.

2011 is first etec with fuel injection but shitty key that always beeps at you. 2015 is first year with the best key in the industry. 2018 is the first year of best starting mechanism in the industry. I heard there are other brands that are lighter or have louder engines...not in my garage lol

Most people think their sleds are worth more than they are. This game requires patience. I paid $4250 last year for a 2013 with around 2400mi. They're out there.

You can get XP chassis Ski-Doos with the E-Tec engine. 2012 for sure, some 2011s? I always forget the model year breaks but somebody will know.

I wouldn't get one with the older engine, I'd hold out for an e-tec. The XM chassis is better but the XP is OK.
    Right on, appreciating all of the advice!

To the others who recommended going with a brand I can get serviced locally, looks like I should be good to go with Ski Doo.

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	385028

This weekend on my summit 2012 in a zone that used to take me about 8 hours to get to ski touring. Getting this sled was the best decision ever to max my winters, no problems with it so far
    Like this one

^^
    Looks nice!!

My 2007 XP is better for towing and riding tandem, than my 2019 Summit X.
    The 19 is way better in deep snow.

Shortened up the riser and upgraded to a finger throttle. In hindsight I would have chosen a different colour for the riser as the red of the sled clashes with the red of the riser but she'll do.

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	385603

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg 
Size:	587.6 KB 
ID:	385604

I'm looking at (and probably buying) a 2014 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 XM this weekend.
    As I've already said in this thread, I have 0 sled experience. With that in mind, anything that I should be on the lookout for when checking it out?

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Shortened up the riser and upgraded to a finger throttle. In hindsight I would have chosen a different colour for the riser as the red of the sled clashes with the red of the riser but she'll do.

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	385603

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg 
Size:	587.6 KB 
ID:	385604
    I'd be interested in hearing your experience with that finger throttle. Never tried one myself, and it likely wouldn't work so well in the colder days when I prefer to wear mitts, but it does intrigue me for technical riding and playing between throttle and brake.

I'm looking at (and probably buying) a 2014 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 XM this weekend.
    As I've already said in this thread, I have 0 sled experience. With that in mind, anything that I should be on the lookout for when checking it out?
    Lots of videos on youtube about what to look for.
    I like this one from syxxes (boys from the YYC)

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing your experience with that finger throttle. Never tried one myself, and it likely wouldn't work so well in the colder days when I prefer to wear mitts, but it does intrigue me for technical riding and playing between throttle and brake.
    I love my finger throttle but you can’t ride with mitts unless they are really baggy. Worst crash I’ve had was wearing mitts, I couldn’t let go of the throttle and hold onto the bars, got tossed off the back onto my head, swore I’d never wear mitts again. Lobster mitts, yes, but not traditional mitts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I did it, 2014 Summit 800

Name:	IMG_9509.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	386011