Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3252
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I use baker bibs and am pretty happy with them. Should look into an insulated klim bib though that could go over lighter softshells for skiing, especially with longer sleds to get to skiing. Anyone doing this?
    Depending on where you live, you may have to sled in from lower elevations to get to the goods, which sometimes entails riding through the rain . That is a pretty common occurrence here in WA. We often carry a complete extra hardshell kit on the sled for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Anybody have specific recs on durable pants for braaping? I can run the same outerwear for 5+ seasons ski touring but the 'mobiling is a lot harder on stuff IME.
    thick softshells with reinforced knees,(inserts for knee pads for the win) with membrane and taped made from like gore windstopper fabric, etc ( i used both ws and etc fabrics) with lots of cross venting zips are best fabric to last long time and not rip, you want the stretch and not the hardshells for pants (hardshell jackets are fine) I rode same pants that fit this description for years (still do).......and just wear your AT boots, no need to boot up in the backcountry imo, if u are going to switch from ski to pow surfer you will have to make some boot carry plans, board to powsurfer boot consolidation works but not ideal

p.s. besides venting zips, never underestimate the power & venting performance/qualities of leaving your fly down when needed....im not kidding...it works

i can go on about vests/packs/avi bags for ski accessed sledding.....and the need for smart carry for traveling light with no flapping
    Last edited by Micol; 10-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20

Cheetah factory rack is the only option imo. My rack is linq compatible, oneside is setup for ski/board the other pow surf board. Dime bag keeps water, coffee and soup thermoses.
    Linq gas can and linq snow flap all fit together very nicely.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gen4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	343431

I just brought this home today. The old XM found a new home, Gen 4 Expert is ready to Brap.
    Stoke is pretty high.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

One vote for MoPros. Rack is super well made. Customer Service has been on point. Can't speak to anything past that.

I went MoPros. Adjustability of the rods versus welded bars and the large rack size seemed to be exactly what I want. Getting it in today and will report back

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gen4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	343431

I just brought this home today. The old XM found a new home, Gen 4 Expert is ready to Brap.
    Stoke is pretty high.
    You get a matching STRKT jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    You get a matching STRKT jacket?
    lolz.
    I am working on some stickers to cover up a few of the pro-bro sponsor decals.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I have some buddies who ride and ski in bibs from these guys. They’re pretty stoked on them. I have no personal experience.

https://us.tobeouterwear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I have some buddies who ride and ski in bibs from these guys. They’re pretty stoked on them. I have no personal experience.

https://us.tobeouterwear.com/
    A few sled friends swear by ToBe one piece suits. I’ve been trying to justify one but my bibs and jacket are new for this winter. Maybe I’ll sell some skis and justify it then, you know, to save my bibs from getting destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unless I was touring off of the sled, I just wore sled gear, in fact, if I was snowboarding I used my sled boots instead of tearing up my regular snowboard boots. They weren’t as stiff but since I was only riding powder it was fine. Sled gear is designed for the abuse of riding a sled and the big differences in how hard you working .

Keep in mind that a fairly large percentage of the sledder population is obese. The gear made for these guys is not optimized for uphill touring. In fact, I can't really understand why sledders think they're so great. You can't adjust your layering as easily and the only upside is not getting snow down the back of your pants, which isn'[t really a thing (but I'm not fat, so maybe that's the difference). Then again, they obsess over the style, color and features of the "man purses" they attach to the back of their sleds, so it's probably as much about fashion as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Keep in mind that a fairly large percentage of the sledder population is obese.
    Must be a regional thing. Around here they're mostly athletic.

Yeah, I'd say I'm not in good enough shape to sled really.

A lot of the sled gear I have seen is quite a bit heavier and less breathable. Strikt and Tobe come to mind. See people shedding layers pretty quick!

anyone riding tandem on a 36" front end? Also wondering how it will behave when the tunnel is loaded down with hut supplies?

Yeah skidoo has been 36" for a while. No issues.

Loaded down hurts the sled. With hut gear just move gear and go back for people. 2 is fine.

Once I stiffened my suspension I’ll to 4 (out of 5) it got a lot more comfortable doubling and carrying gear

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yeah skidoo has been 36" for a while. No issues.

Loaded down hurts the sled. With hut gear just move gear and go back for people. 2 is fine.
    thanks! looking to make the change.

Get a tow bumper and a toboggan for hut gear....

Tow bumper stiffens the tunnel up nicely too

2nd on the tow bumper and toboggan.

CFR also sells tunnel stiffeners.

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

ive got an oem stock stealth mtn doo (ski doo) 154" track and a trailer for sale in bozeman zone. 800, rev ,black, i was 2nd owner and i have had it for like 8 or 9 years. newer body style 2009 i think . has gold finger...yeah yeah yeah.. it can b viewed with whiteroomguardian. no issues, except a taped up windshield, and brake needs to be bled but works fine. i added the onboard oem factory engine temperature guage as you need that to make sure your engine is cooled at all times. this is the key to longevity. comes with spare belt, its never let me down, only run with doo synthetic oil , big new jug of it included. starts every year with no hassles. good track with no paddles missing. will sell trailer separate. dbl tilt trailer with spare. sled used mostly for sled accessed pow surfing or skiing, no brrrpping or jumping history... pm WRG and he can price single or package and miles...maggot discount

but hey, remember..used sled ---- as is
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20

Picked up an early season rock sled/fat bike trail grooming sled.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Another what used sled to buy question...

Budget 6-7k, mostly blasting out logging roads for ski access around Golden, lots of tandeming at first. Mostly looking in Calgary. Most important thing is reliability/least maintenance. Was set on a 09-15 m8, but they are getting hard to find in a 162. Any summit years/models to avoid?

Any summit etec from 2012 to today are good. A little teething problem with 2013 and 2017 but should be sorted by now.