Page 118 of 167 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4154
    CFR rack ordered. I looked at the DIY options and they all looked meh, so I went with what buddies suggested. Now time to get a truck, and figure it out how this sledding thing works. I think I’m doing this backwards, but F it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New to me 19. Heading out tomorrow for first day on it. Stoked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_134706.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1,022.3 KB 
ID:	303149Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_134706.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1,022.3 KB 
ID:	303149
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

How’s your rack holding up El Hef? I bought the same rack a couple years ago and have had a couple of the ‘banana clips’ break. I think the urethane he is using gets brittle in the cold. Have you had any issues?

Mine is brand new. I have plenty of buddies who rock em with no issues. I had two of my cheetah ones break just putting skis on during a cold day. CFR was always good about sending new ones though.

Have you received new ones?

ooh powder coated matchy match.....looks good!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

^^^ based the entire set up on my shifts.......

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Mine is brand new. I have plenty of buddies who rock em with no issues. I had two of my cheetah ones break just putting skis on during a cold day. CFR was always good about sending new ones though.

Have you received new ones?
    I actually purchased a couple spares when I bought it for convenience since I live in the states. I’ve used both the replacements and a couple are looking pretty suspect right now. Probably just a bad batch of urethane when they were made. Besides that I love the rack. It’s far superior to my ghetto setup I had prior to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I actually purchased a couple spares when I bought it for convenience since I live in the states. I’ve used both the replacements and a couple are looking pretty suspect right now. Probably just a bad batch of urethane when they were made. Besides that I love the rack. It’s far superior to my ghetto setup I had prior to it.
    Just fyi

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-plastic-sheets

Slippery uhmw is what I've cut/drilled all my straps out of. Look at the think "bars" for straps. No failures in 10+ years. Until I had to type it out of course. Now I'm sure that will change next trip out.

I just cursed myself for public benefit. I'm like jesus.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 11-22-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Anybody have a rec for replacement trailer deck material? I have an open aluminum 2-place that is badly in need of a redo. I've spent a stupid amount of time trying to figure out what to use - there seems to be no consensus among sledder folks. If it lasts 5yrs I'd be satisfied.
    So far I've looked for:

1. Manufacturer recommended 5/8" marine-grade ply. I'm located in a major metro area and this appears to be unobtainium. 5/8" seems like a rare thickness. Lumbar yard I typically use said they won't order it.
    2. Pressure-treated ply is apparently no good due to copper in the wood not playing nicely with aluminum.
    3. Advantech and other composite materials are used on some of the fancy enclosed haulers. Some say it's great, some hate it. They make a underlayment product and and a sheathing product, which may explain the difference in experiences. Doesn't appear to be a stock item around here.
    4. Cheap ply + coating of some sort. This is the only option that seems doable at this point given the rarity of the better materials.

Have you tried Windsor plywood?

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

My shop used 3/4 " marine grade and it worked fine. Don't sweat it.

Second, 3/4" marine grade would be my first choice.

I have seethed trailers with untreated ply, and just put a water sealer on it before... and they have held up for more than 5 years. I wouldn't get to fancy about it.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Maggot snowmobile thread

3/4” will be fine. You can probably get away with 1/2” (or thinner) as long as its marine grade and you add some supports under it, like two 2x4s running from longitudinally under where each sled will go the whole length of the trailer.

Don't be a cheapskate, 1/2" is not gonna last long.

Water ingress isn't gonna kill the sheeting any time soon, but loading 600+lb machines on and off is. Between the sleds weight and the steel/carbide runners, 1/2" is gonna be a bad time.

besides, why go through the extra hassle of reinforcing the decking so you can put a thinner sheeting on it?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Don't be a cheapskate, 1/2" is not gonna last long.

Water ingress isn't gonna kill the sheeting any time soon, but loading 600+lb machines on and off is. Between the sleds weight and the steel/carbide runners, 1/2" is gonna be a bad time.

besides, why go through the extra hassle of reinforcing the decking so you can put a thinner sheeting on it?
    I agree 100% to not be cheap, but he may not be able to get 3/4 marine grade

I can get 3/4" MG, but there are aluminum lips running longitudinally that capture the decking, so the 3/4 won't fit without routing the edge. In any case I think I've located some 5/8" MG, but my god is it expensive. Something like $100/sheet. #powersports

I used standard grade 1/2" and that was stupid. It's already falling apart in a year and a half.
    Not useful for what to use, but this is what you should not do.

Heffe- get the extended glove box on there too. Well worth it

I would also think about the tow bumper, unless cheetah came up with blades, but I know they were still in the R&D last time I checked...I cracked my tunnel after a couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Heffe- get the extended glove box on there too. Well worth it

I would also think about the tow bumper, unless cheetah came up with blades, but I know they were still in the R&D last time I checked...I cracked my tunnel after a couple seasons.
    How many beers will it hold? I am pretty good for now, the cfr bag for the handle bars holds a lot of crap. The velcro is useless on them though.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    How many beers will it hold? I am pretty good for now, the cfr bag for the handle bars holds a lot of crap. The velcro is useless on them though.
    It holds a 6pack lol

I know this ain't popular on here but I have been using a MoPros rack for the past few seasons, after using CFRs for 10 years before that. The MoPros is better in every way, including the rigidity it adds to the tunnel. This is on a G4 and I paid retail for it. No affiliation to the owner of MoPros (but he's a decent dude too. Don't shoot me!)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	306117

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    It holds a 6pack lol
    This....first time sledding with him...i’m hesitant to pull out a beer. Opens glove box...hello six pack.hahahahah

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3793.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	306257

Rigged and ready to go. Got to toss a pair of skis in the truck in the morning and the roommates and I are off for our first adventure sled skiing. I got a feeling it’s going to be one tiring, long day.

No ski rack? The roomies got sleds too or are you gang banging that thing? If so, watch out for overheating. Forgot to say, nice sled!

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    I know this ain't popular on here but I have been using a ....
    Glad you finally came out of the closet on this... you are brave and beautify, no matter what anyone says.

still doesn't change the fact that they are d-bags.