Page 110 of 167 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4154
    Just picked up a second hand Summit 800. Stoked! I have a beat up trailer that is a pain in the ass. What’s the easiest/cheapest way to get it in and out of the bed of my Taco?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    Just picked up a second hand Summit 800. Stoked! I have a beat up trailer that is a pain in the ass. What’s the easiest/cheapest way to get it in and out of the bed of my Taco?

Back up to a snowbank is easiest and cheapest. Or let it warm up and pin it out in reverse. Getting in you can buy cheap trifold ramps for about 200.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Back up to a snowbank is easiest and cheapest. Or let it warm up and pin it out in reverse. Getting in you can buy cheap trifold ramps for about 200.

Cheap ramps are great for parking lot amusement....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Best ramp I've seen it think is called a rev arc? It's curved, long and has a section that folds out flat onto the ground for traction.

He didn't say safest or best.......but I agree with your statement.
    Buddy of mine last year didn't want to put superglides on his ramp or remove his carbides for steel runners....carbide+aluminum= trying to eat you tail gate as ramp pushes it shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Cheap ramps are great for parking lot amusement....

Maggot snowmobile thread

He didn't say safest or best.......but I agree with your statement.
    Buddy of mine last year didn't want to put superglides on his ramp or remove his carbides for steel runners....carbide+aluminum= trying to eat you tail gate as ramp pushes it shut.

OK, maybe I should have phrased it “what is the best way without spending a ton of money?”

Any other recommendations for a ramp?

Is pinning it in reverse a safe idea? Does it fuck up your sled and/or truck?

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    Is pinning it in reverse a safe idea? Does it fuck up your sled and/or truck?
    nahh. you'll be fine. if you're worried just stand beside the sled instead of on it (holding the tether of course).

but it doesn't help you load it again. Just ollie it in. ;-)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BswjKWtBlmv/

Maggot snowmobile thread

Are the wheelwells in the bed of the newer tacomas sufficiently spaced to fit the ski width of a sled? My 03 needed a raised deck to fit the sled. A couple of 2X8 supporting a 3/4” plywood deck does the trick, if a bit ghetto. Makes finding a proper snowbank a little more problematic, but ya, a 3-piece ramp from crappy tire, and a trip to the wrecker to find a truck long-box bed liner to serve as sled rails works fine. Superglides are so much better as you can walk up them though.

Cheap ramp will suck to use and likely fuck up your tailgate. If I was loading straight into a truck I’d get this ramp w/ the tailgate protector add on. You can get away with less but sketchy loading/unloading blows. https://www.discountramps.com/revarc...iABEgLSkfD_BwE

Also review this before deciding: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YWTp...ture=youtu.be#

Make sure you do something to protect the tailgate. Tacoma tailgates can’t support the weight of a sled driving on and off, you will bend it in the middle. So some sort of extended platform is required.

This thing’s supposed to take the weight off the gate. https://www.discountramps.com/revarc...REVSLED-RISER/

Curious to hear if a Doo fits in the back of a Tacoma. It’s gotta be close.

Yeah that thing works in full sized trucks. I saw my buddy with one today. Likes it. But it wouldn’t be enough for a Taco. Toyota tailgates are flimsy. I bend my Tundra’s twice and tacomas are worse.
    Everyone around here with tacos builds a basic wood deck. Or even just a 4x8 sheet of ply. I bolted some angle aluminum to the lip of my tailgate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Cheap ramp will suck to use and likely fuck up your tailgate. If I was loading straight into a truck I’d get this ramp w/ the tailgate protector add on. You can get away with less but sketchy loading/unloading blows. https://www.discountramps.com/revarc...iABEgLSkfD_BwE

Also review this before deciding: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YWTp...ture=youtu.be#
    Relative to the video, you can mitigate a whole lot of those fails by ratchet-strapping the ramp to the hitch so it can't move backwards when power is applied.

I've got one that's fancy enough to have a built-in strap for such use (I wanted one that would work for sleds, bikes, and miscellany, so I went fancy), but you still have to actually use the strap for it to help. I do sometimes, I don't other times. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Nice one Toby! I skied Ulrichs about 10 years ago w/ you. Good to see you're still killing it.
    Ohhh, nice! Aaron? That was a good couple days on Stuie!!

Sled Stoke!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08718.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	266165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07775.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	835.4 KB 
ID:	266166

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    nahh. you'll be fine. if you're worried just stand beside the sled instead of on it (holding the tether of course).

but it doesn't help you load it again. Just ollie it in. ;-)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BswjKWtBlmv/
    The sled ollie is spectacular! Just learn that one and we can forget about a ramp!

Took me a couple times watching that video to figure out how they are doing it

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Are the wheelwells in the bed of the newer tacomas sufficiently spaced to fit the ski width of a sled? My 03 needed a raised deck to fit the sled. A couple of 2X8 supporting a 3/4” plywood deck does the trick, if a bit ghetto. Makes finding a proper snowbank a little more problematic, but ya, a 3-piece ramp from crappy tire, and a trip to the wrecker to find a truck long-box bed liner to serve as sled rails works fine. Superglides are so much better as you can walk up them though.
    Unfortunately it looks like it is a hair narrow on my 3rd gen Taco also. I will be building said deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    hey what are you guys all doing for in-bed decks?

I want something I can leave in my truck and fold away, and still have use of the bed for other life stuff. Also keep access for a tonneau cover. Then remove in fall/summer for use with my camper, or just to carry surfboards without extra shit in the bed to ding them. I don't want a full deck since I never carry two sleds and don't like the weight up high, or the $$, and still use my truck bed like a truck bed for other things.

Previously I just went straight in the bed (and bent my tailgate to shit). This year I quickly made this as a sort of prototype. It's made loading & unloading so much easier with the glides + traction. the folding rear section spans the tailgate hinge and spreads the load. And the notches for the tabs on my CFR ramp made putting that on and off super quick.
    But I want to be able to use Superclamps to tie down to something solid (not just the deck itself) - can't do that right now. And I still need to strap the ramp to the hitch, which is a pain. It would be bonus to be able to stow the ramp under the deck in a low-profile way.

Does anyone make what I want? I was thinking of making the same again out of 80/20 extruded aluminum and bolting it in.

thank mags.
    If you find what you're looking for let me know! Either that or ill grab that wooden one from you. Looks nicely built!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    If you find what you're looking for let me know! Either that or ill grab that wooden one from you. Looks nicely built!
    yeah I'll post back here if I find a good product.
    If you want to build the same it's super easy & cheap. Just some plywood & 2x4s & hinges. The superglides are just bonus.
    The little track section is nice for traction - NoLimits has pieces for like $10 or something.
    Total of only 2beers time to build. check it out if you see me in one of the parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    2018 Cat with skis set on narrowest setting just fits with 3/4 plywood as a base, I don’t know how wide Doos are?

36 inches

Should fit with just a sheet of plywood then, maybe a flat 2x4. Wheel wells slope a bit so just getting the skis up a bit gains some clearance.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    2018 Cat with skis set on narrowest setting just fits with 3/4 plywood as a base, I don’t know how wide Doos are?
    My stock ‘12 rev xp is 42” ski edge to edge, narrow setting. 4X8 3/4 ply, with notches for the rear gate fit just perfect, can’t measure at the moment, but I think the wheelwells are 36”. 2X8 just the right height to allow the plywood to get 5” or so each side supported on the wells. Sled is 10ft long.

Can’t believe this thread is over 10 years old AND still going strong! Fittingly, I picked this up this weekend. The hype about this sled is real. Incredible!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7921.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	266799

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Can’t believe this thread is over 10 years old AND still going strong! Fittingly, I picked this up this weekend. The hype about this sled is real. Incredible!
    My buddy says the Alpha will do everything his 15 Prolite 900 will do without all the noise, that's pretty incredible if its true. Can't wait to see what the other manufactures do to compete.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.