Page 102 of 167 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4154
    Gettin stuck sucks, gettin stuck in creeks fyckin sucks!
    Blue bird Sleds laps today

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Daaamnnn, that there are some good photos and some brutal stuck photos!!!

Kidwoo, I didn't bother rebuilding the bottom end, the crank felt tight so I just stuck to the top half. The oil lines were still all together. There are four fuel injectors on the 900 that connect two for the piston cylinders and two for the crank case. Supposedly Polaris makes you believe it's cleanfire if you inject fuel into the crank case. That's why I had to pull the whole engine. Too busy skiing last weekend, but hopefully I'll make more progress tonight so I can get it to Mt. Rose meadow this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Daaamnnn, that there are some good photos and some brutal stuck photos!!!

Kidwoo, I didn't bother rebuilding the bottom end, the crank felt tight so I just stuck to the top half. The oil lines were still all together. There are four fuel injectors on the 900 that connect two for the piston cylinders and two for the crank case. Supposedly Polaris makes you believe it's cleanfire if you inject fuel into the crank case. That's why I had to pull the whole engine. Too busy skiing last weekend, but hopefully I'll make more progress tonight so I can get it to Mt. Rose meadow this weekend.
    It injects fuel in the crank case? I thought the oil lines ran off the oil side, before it mixes. They are there to lubricate the bearings. There is sprung needle that controls the oil flow, if this fails the crank can fill with oil and it will usually smoke and run like shit .... but some oil in the case is normal.

... but I honestly don't know, just remember chatting with Polaris guys, rebuilding triples was a popular pastime amongst that crowd.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Yeah, the really tight engine space prevented me from unbolting the fuel rail that connects all four injectors together. Oil lines are on the front of the crankcase, injectors are on the back. I was totally surprised to see injectors going beneath the pistons, but the reeds connect to the crank case as well so the air enters the crank case first before being pushed upward into the piston area. I painted the walls of the cylinders with two stroke oil before assembly, and I'll premix some oil into the fuel tank before starting it up. Hope I make some progress tonight.

I finally ran out of parts to put back on my sled! I think I'll head out to Mt. Rose/Relay Peak tomorrow or Saturday to test it out and break in the engine...... or break the engine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4615.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	230312

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4616.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	230313
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4615.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	230310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4616.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	230311  

Good visibly, stability and snow.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just picked up a 2015 summit xp 163.
    Gotta get all the ramps and shit but am hoping to grab a few days this spring.
    Doesn't look like the weather is agreeing with that yet.

Still winter up high in golden.

Wow, looks much worse than 2 hours!

Now that its finally spring here in CO, I assume many of the trailheads will look like this (hopefully not 2k though). How bad is this for sleds? cant be that great, or is this just part of the game? Never been in the area, but Marshall Pass (outside of Salida) has a trip report a week ago that showed good to go...thinking of exploring later this week

Wednesday did not suck

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Now that its finally spring here in CO, I assume many of the trailheads will look like this (hopefully not 2k though). How bad is this for sleds? cant be that great, or is this just part of the game? Never been in the area, but Marshall Pass (outside of Salida) has a trip report a week ago that showed good to go...thinking of exploring later this week
    Part of the game to keep the sleds from overheating in the spring. Canadians have lots of tricks for that one.

Labatts Blue on the hyfax? Guess these machines can take a beat down.

Just put a deposit on a 19 Summit X 165.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Canadians have lots of tricks for that one.

heh

I was in pemberton a few weeks ago and had to pick up on the leaned over freespin trick when going up morning boilerplate. Pretty damn handy.

In other news:
    I just turned pro

Name:  ramp1.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  35.2 KB

Found a built out flatbed for 6k. A lifelong dream has come true.

Just in time for summer
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Snowmo on the left and snowbike on the right

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    heh

I was in pemberton a few weeks ago and had to pick up on the leaned over freespin trick when going up morning boilerplate. Pretty damn handy.

In other news:
    I just turned pro

Name:  ramp1.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  35.2 KB

Found a built out flatbed for 6k. A lifelong dream has come true.

Just in time for summer
    Called the "chainsaw "

Though not as epic as some missions currently taking place. A drive through the mud and some glacier turns, beers and sunshine aren't a bad day. Close to double digits temp on the glacier and shorts and t shorts at the load.

Surprised no one posted on this, but if you care about snowmobile access at all, you might want to send in comments every time they come up. I have a feeling a lot of snowmobile access will be lost over the next few years, the snowmobile community just doesn't seem as organized as the WWA. There are still a couple of hours left to comment:

https://sierrasnowmobilefoundation.com/talking-points/

Done^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Surprised no one posted on this, but if you care about snowmobile access at all, you might want to send in comments every time they come up. I have a feeling a lot of snowmobile access will be lost over the next few years, the snowmobile community just doesn't seem as organized as the WWA. There are still a couple of hours left to comment:

https://sierrasnowmobilefoundation.com/talking-points/
    And this is why I stay on the WWA email list. They provide good alerts when the USFS is accepting comments. Mine just don't usually agree with the WWA position.

(I did submit comments for the above earlier today)

Thanks for piping up
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Bit of a pickle some more experienced sled mags can help me out with. I "inherited" an 07 yamaha apex mountain last fall (got it for the price of driving across MT to pick it up), put about $1000 of work/parts into it for a radiator and some other stuff, and the thing ran like an absolute champ. Took it out 30+ times, big days, super reliable, loved it other than the thing is an absolute pig behemoth. Not nimble at all, but super powerful and as an access sled it's wonderful. And did I mention reliable?

Last day out on it, I had a huge day and literally at the trailhead I sucked a 6x6 rock that wedged between the tunnel and the track. Track is totally shredded, tunnel is damaged. According to shop, for track/labor/everything else, I'm looking at another 1.5-3k. I am on the fence. On the one hand, I hate to keep throwing $$$ at a sled so old, but on the other hand, the engine is just fine, the thing is super reliable, and I didn't pay anything for it up front.

I don't want to do the repairs myself because my free time's already limited enough, just to preempt that answer. Is it preposterous to even consider fixing the "blind pig" (named after a roll took out its headlight assembly)?

Yamaha makes nice trail sleds, but their mountain sleds are pigs.
    I wouldn’t put that kind of money into fixing it. Sell it for whatever you can get.

Ride any 2015 or newer and you’ll be amazed at the difference in deep snow performance.