Scarpa Plus Fit liners

I've been looking at possibly getting some new liners this season, as my originals are getting a bit packed out, and I've always had some trouble with cold toes. So I've tried to do some research on Intuitions and other options, and I found a great price on some Scarpa Plus Fits. I've seen mixed reviews on just about every liner out there, but I didn't know if anyone had personal experience with these. They will be going in alpine boots (Atomic T:11), and I haven't really found much on how they flex either. Anyway any info/advice would help.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    -Mario Andretti

I like them better than my Intuitions: they don't hold as much water/sweat, and as a result don't stink as much. They might be a bit softer than the Intuitions, but nothing that noticeable. If you put patches on the wear areas, they are pretty durable too.

I can't tell the difference between the Plus Fit and the Intuitions, and I've been skiing in both for as long as they've been around.

That being said, I normally ski with 3/4 of my buckles only tight enough to stay closed (just crank the instep and booster strap and I'm set), so my sensitivity to boot minutae is probably less than others.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by mordy07 View Post
    I've been looking at possibly getting some new liners this season, as my originals are getting a bit packed out, and I've always had some trouble with cold toes. So I've tried to do some research on Intuitions and other options, and I found a great price on some Scarpa Plus Fits. I've seen mixed reviews on just about every liner out there, but I didn't know if anyone had personal experience with these. They will be going in alpine boots (Atomic T:11), and I haven't really found much on how they flex either. Anyway any info/advice would help.
    It sounds like you've never had ANY thermo liners. If so, and you have found a great deal on them, I really doubt you'll be disappointed if you get them. They are a far superior technology to traditional liners with tongues. They are lighter, warmer, more precisely fitting, and easier to pull out of your shells for drying (essential to prevent odor).

I have heard that Intuition Powerwraps are a bit stiffer than were the Raichle Thermoflex (which the Scarpas are a close derivative of), but I have no doubt that if you haven't skied in thermo liners, you will find them a step up, and if they're a great deal, you'll feel smart as well.

Just picked up a pair of last years Tornado's w/ the +fit liners. Info that came w/ said you can bake em yourself in a 135 degree celcius convected oven. Thoughts on this or do most people have em baked at a licensed Scarpa or Intuition shop?

EDIT: when in doubt... search. found plenty on baking liners here and at telemarktips.
    Last edited by SeatownSlackey; 10-22-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Have a look at this link - it tells you how to do it:

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sho...?articles_id=3

First: Search for Yoopers fit tutorial on TGR
    Second: Scarpa video ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzUQQGBJus

Both superior to telemarktips IMHO
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

Well I pulled the trigger, and I just got done with all the fitting, baking, etc. I mostly used yoopers tutorial, but I used tips from telemarktips and the Scarpa video as well. And now that I'm finished... I can't even tell you how pumped I am to get on the slopes. The fit is AMAZING. No pressure points, perfect amount of toe room, and just all around comfort. And I still can't get over how much lighter they are than my old liners. Anyway a successful first time trying something like this, and looking forward to actually trying them out on the mountain
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    -Mario Andretti

Yes, I know this is an Old thread. I found a pair of these for cheap unbaked.

Question: Does the foam material degrade just sitting around, I'd imagine they were manufactured 5 years ago now. I'd be replacing packed out paper thin stock liners. So for $40 is it worth the risk or should I just go for new intuitions?

Also these liners come in half sizes too, so would the size I want match my boot size (29.5) or the size up to (30) like intuitions are suggested to be sized.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

$40 = go for it.

Dont know about degradation over time but as long as they weren't sitting in direct sunlight or high heat the whole time i would guess not a big deal.

bought a set last year from STP for ~$65 to revive my beatered xWaves and have been very happy with them. They aren't quite as stiff as the current iteration of powerwraps thanks to smaller "stiffening" sections. Also, the soles aren't a thinner diameter foam like the new Intuitions so if you're using aftermarket insoles you may be slightly tight in the instep at first but this will pack down quickly.

As far as sizing goes, like intuitions, its dependent on how tight of a fit you have in your current shells. If you're a 1 finger or less, go same size. Roomier shells, then go with a size up to help take up some of that volume.

purchaaased. Thanks for the advise seatown.

If anyone else is interested https://gearx.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=scarpa+liner

I picked two pairs of those up from gearx this summer. I haven't baked them yet so I have no input on their fit yet. They look new, no signs of any degredation from age.

But at that price you can't go wrong, even if they only last a season.

I picked up a pair last winter from gearx to replace my retarded fitting liners in my Radiums. Worked like a charm. I also picked up a pair 3 years ago or so to replace the liners in my Scarpa T1s. The goal was to extend the lifespan of those boots for another season. They're still doing well. Like someone mentioned above, they're not as stiff as the ones on sale from Intuition, but they were made for many of Scarpa's boots by Intuition, so the quality is quite good.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

If anyone here is still looking for Plus fits and have big feet (29-31+), I know gearx has many a pair left and you could probably work out a deal for buy 2 get 1 free (purchase @ about $50 per pair), and have liners for ever and ever.