Page 113 of 331 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 8256
    There is a flat out zero visibility inches per hour snow squall in philly right now. wonder how long it lasts

yeah puking in New Hope also ^^^^

barely anything falling in LP

knarshedmotatoes Guest
    puking like a 7 year old with a stomach bug here!

snowing quite hard north of boston, at least 5 and snowing hard with some big wind gusts

Just ripped some fresh lines down Monument Ave in Charlestown, MA this afternoon. Still puking down south...

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately the orthopedist couldn't tell me much today. He said the MCL, PCL, and LCL are almost definitely fine, but his concern is that it could be a torn meniscus or ACL. I didn't really have enough range of motion to do an MRI (knee can't really straighten without agonizing pain), so I'll be going back in a week to do a follow up and an MRI. For now I'm on crutches with an immobilizing brace. According to the doc it's a good sign that my knee isn't really swollen much.

In other news it has been positively nuking all day here in Georgetown. Ski Bradford could be $$$$$$$$$

Last edited by birdman829; 12-31-2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Southern Vt got around 5-6 depending on where you were, I've been at bromley all week with kids. It's actuallly been really decent compared to the last few years. Now what in the world is going on over at magic? Can someone please tell me???

PSA for all mags driving in and around VT these days. The State troopers are on a rampage, make plans to have a designated driver, or do not operate a car with any lights out, trust me on this one. Be careful out there people.....

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doktor View Post
    I'm doing the K-mart thing today. I'm not expecting much even with this snow coming but I'll have a full report when I return.
    My full report is that the state of Killington is depressing. I haven't been here in a week and half and I know it's been warm and rainy the whole time but I still can't believe how much snow they lost. Forget base consolidation; most of the base has made it's way to the Connecticut and/or Hudson Rivers by now.

Anyway, the skiing was decent where they were blowing snow but I may have been better off with ice skates on most of the mountain. The little bit of natural they've gotten hasn't done much to improve things. It's going to take a couple more decent storms in the 6-8" range to get things back to "good". It's going to take a few feet to get back to where we were.

I'm sure this is not news to many of you and I hope you'll abide my depressing rant but coming back to this after skiing two weekends ago is the suck.

Pray for snow everyone.
    Last edited by Herr Doktor; 12-31-2008 at 05:10 PM.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Bummer, Birdman. I am sending some good knee vibes your way.

Bradford was practically in my back yard growing up. I honed my skills on her mighty steeps and technical tree runs jonging it up on a pair of straight Olins. Who'd have thought that 20 years later I'd be back to long straight boards!

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    The eastern Berkshires got around 7" of blower, before it blew. Where I was today in Zoar had awesome light powder, only problem is the base is rock hard, and rocks.
    I'll be at the B-east tomorrow, but am not expecting to be able to access all of the terrain.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

hit the local cny hill today expecting a few inches. They had at least a foot of new-over the boot-top in most places. Broke out the praxis powders for the second time this season. Supposed to be more on the way.

Herr

What's depressing is watching people in Florida warm up their cars because it's a cold 55* outside today

I wanted to tell them to sack up 55 ain't cold it's spring skiing
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

-1 at the base of the Bush. -16 at the summit, very windy with all but 3 lower mountain beginner lifts on wind hold. Cartoon Network Loonytunes
    marathon saving the day.
    Happy New Year to all
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Insane wind in SW NH. Glad I slept in.

was driving to stowe and fortunately checked blackberry around richmond/ bolton area. everything on windhold... not even worth it
    I live on the east coast and I'm proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Herr

What's depressing is watching people in Florida warm up their cars because it's a cold 55* outside today

I wanted to tell them to sack up 55 ain't cold it's spring skiing

I hear that noise. People at work look at me like I have 3 heads when I come in without jacket on when it's 40 degrees out.

Look on the bright side, though. At least your prediction that conditions would be sick when you went to FLA didn't come true. You're definitely not missing anything.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Was 5F last night standing in line for Burlington Taiko at the Flynn with -20F wind chill. While driving home the near-whiteout on I-89 was promising, but nothing materialized except drifts in my driveway. Nuts.

On a lighter note, I drove the pickup w/chains up and down my front yard to bust up the styrofoam, then groomed it with a 6' pasture gate wrapped in 2x4" fencing and two cinderblocks weighting it down. After a few passes in both directions it was sufficient to give some lessons to my visiting nephew.

The things you'll do when the pickin's are slim.

SWMS seeks SPIV

Single White Male Skier seeks Skiing Partner In Vermont

I'm staying in Killington right now... skiing Friday-Saturday.... willing to relocate.

If you happen to be at K-Mart tomorrow and spot a guy that looks like my avatar. Well, it's me.

can't believe i'm writing this because i would usually rather have a papercut on my tongue thank ski at these places but Magic and MRG are not an option, so what are Mt Snow/Stratton conditions like? Kids and I must ski. They are the closest to us.

top of page for this.??? ugh!

Quick weather update-
    Weather in these parts is pretty boring right now. Not really much going on this weekend either. Light precip will spread over the area on sunday...could be some sleet mixed in but the entire system is moisture starved and not very exciting.
    Next significant weather maker will cam between the 6 through the 8th. I mentioned this time period as a possible period for a storm a while ago and there still exists the potential for a decent snowfall (say north of the catskills). However I really don't like the way the models and data are shaping up and have been trending. Best dynamics at this time seem to be south of the ski areas and well...that's not very exciting. Also as has been the trend since november if we want to get more dynamics north we have to deal with more warm air advection...so it's a catch 22.
    Long term - next 15 days- generally cold and not too exciting weather wise. The guns will crank and some clippers will help but I don't see anything really exciting through the next 10 days....

^^^^That sucks. Stowe's calling for 3-7 from tonight through Saturday night, but some pretty high winds too. Hopefully this storm isn't a washout.

I'd buy 3 - maybe not 7.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I'd buy 3 - maybe not 7.
    weak

Don't give me the head shake dood...I just tell you what I see.