K2 clutch audio helmet?

I just bought A K2 clutch audio helmet today, I got it home and found that my MP3 I plan on using with it isnt powerful enough to drive the headphones in the helmet. My player works fine with earbuds and gets plenty loud but is lacking when using the helmet even with the player and inline volume contol maxed out.

My question is there a really good inline booster that will increase power and sound quality? I have looked a couple places on the net for them but there is really too many to choose from and most of which seem incredibly cheap.

Any recomendations would be appreciated. I have an Ipod but I intend to use my 4gig Phillips flash player with it if that helps.
    Last edited by Ak4life; 10-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Most of the in line amps are crappy. You could buy a used 1st Gen Shuffle for $20 or a 2ndGen for $35 and be better off. No screens to break. I've used both to drive Sennheiser HD595 headphones. Not loud enough to make my ears bleed but will compete with a jet engine inflight.
    That's Mr. JONG to you, punk!

Did you try them with another mp3 player or iPod? Maybe there's something wrong with the headphones or volume control.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Yeah I have an Ipod nano that I use in the truck with Itrip, I hooked it up and it was louder but not by much. The reason I want to use the flash player is that it runs off of a AAA. This could be the problem, I doubt the single battery it uses has enough juice to run the player + larger head phones. I like it because I can keep a couple extra batteries and never run out of tunes.

I know that alot of the over the ear style headphones w/ a bass boost have thier own battery to power them I was hoping to just find something that plugs into the player and then into the helmet.

I was messing with the ear pieces a few minutes ago realized I can take the speakers out. So maybe finding a set of headphones that have the booster built in, I could take them apart and make it work that way.

Appreciate the replies guys.

If you got the baseline acs system with the clutch its really designed as a radio communication device not for music.
    Had the same issue a few years ago. picked up a trace audio helmet instead.