FS: Salomon S900 14-20 DIN

I just stripped a pair of these off an older pair of old school DH skis, which will never be skied again {despite being screaming fast...won a couple of Nor-Ams}.

Bindings are in really good mechnical shape, as they were only used on these DH skis, for about 4 seasons. So probably less that 100 RUNS. My guess is that they are about 2001-2 models. The skis were "retired" after the 2003-4 year. They have wear and rub marks and some scratching on all of the metal surfaces {wings on the toes, big part of the heels}. The plastic parts are
    in really good shape, almost new. The teflon plates are all in really great shape, too. Very little wear. There's nothing loose at all. Great, tight grip.

No need for them. With one kid racing on Elan a number of years ago {Salomon bindings}, and one with Rossi, we have enough 9-16's and FK185's for our freeskiing needs.

How about $135 including shipping? They're heavy, and the shipping will cost at least $20. PayPal is fine, and PM is you would like some more pics.

Thanks.

flat rate box is your friend ($11 within the lower 48)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

it seems like as these bindings get older they become more expensive, ^^^ squatch sold me some of these 2 years ago for 75$

How easy is it to drop the din on these? No need for a minimum of 14, interested if its a quick fix to get them in the 10-12 range.
    Go Sharks.

You can pull a spring out of them and make them ~11-17. Do a search, I know it has been done. Not really that hard to do from what I remember.

^^these achieve the 14-20DIN range with a primary spring with a helper spring.
    there's no definite consensus on whether removing the helper drops the overall range by 2 or 4DIN...there's a thread or two on this, but i have to run...worth a search.

Squatch....thanks for the flate rate tip. Can't believe that I spaced on that, as I normally ship lighter stuff and it's a hosing in that case. Thanks!

SO....PRICE REDUCED TO $125 SHIPPED.

I'm trying to be fair with with price. As we all know, they don't make them any more. I priced them on what I think is the low side for some in very good shape, with very light use.

I haven't done the "reduce the DIN" deal on these, but I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same binding as the 9-16, but that it has a second spring in the cylinder. Neither my son or I have ever taken one apart. If you did that, you'd still have the 14-20 DIN range display, too. Maybe somebody else can confirm that.

Thanks.

Helper spring drops it by about 2 (according to testing). so think 12-18. Testing confirmed by nick>jesus...pm him for specifics.

edit: that's a hell of a deal, btw. If you need this binding, you know they are in shortish supply.

Quote Originally Posted by bisnibble View Post
    it seems like as these bindings get older they become more expensive, ^^^ squatch sold me some of these 2 years ago for 75$
    In fairness, I think I sniped those off ebay for around the same price. Happy to pass on the deal, but that doesn't make $125 not a fair price.
    Last edited by squatch; 10-17-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

What are you doing with the DH skis...I'm in the region and could put both the skis and bindings to good use. I actually need a pair of these clamps to run at around a 17 din.

I actually have 2 pair of those DH skis, both 222s, both were mounted w/ 920s, both are fast as fuck, If you want a pair they can be yours for 50 bucks, but I have no box to ship them in, no box long enough anyway. I've been meaning to send you a pm, I have a bunch of race skis in the basement, I'll send you some info on sunday

also, I was under the impression that the helper spring was +4, removing it made 14-20s 10-16s. I normally ski with a din around 12-13, and after removing the helper spring run them at 16ish. I am having a hard time believing I was running them at 14 as they have released in places that functioning 14din clamps should not have.
    Last edited by soul_skier; 10-17-2008 at 09:58 PM.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    You can pull a spring out of them and make them ~11-17. Do a search, I know it has been done. Not really that hard to do from what I remember.
    Can't find that thread...can anyone link that?Thanks
    So hey're not gonna be 916s without the second spring??
    Always Fight Gravity

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    I'll bite at this price, I will be skiing metal sollys til I die, or tare my leg off.
    Where in mass? I would assume if you grew up in mass and raced here you might have been on the Berkshire East team? PM me the details.
    Morgan
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Killer deal on the metal mega din's

I'm in Marblehead....wrong end of the state. Kids both graduated from CVA, up at Sugarloaf, where my wife and I ski for the most part. My daughter is doing a "PG" year at Stratton with SMS, but she's not going to be headed back this way before she takes off for 5 weeks in Colorado {wish I were a kid!} ,so I think that the only smart way is to mail them. Son is in college in upstate NY.

These are functionally perfect. Metal scratches, plastic scratches, but nothing chipped, cracked, broken etc. The "teflon" and plastic in the toes pieces and on the heel, the brakes, etc. are in great shape. So I think you'll be pleased.

I know what you mean. I have a good supply of 916's for myself. My son had a contract with Elan when they used Salomon bindings....which has been a good deal for dad! he last skied on them on 2004, and the bindings are like new. He's now on Marker 3000's.....which seem to work, for him.

If that makes sense, does PayPal work for you? Let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by macdadmorgan View Post
    I'll bite at this price, I will be skiing metal sollys til I die, or tare my leg off.
    Where in mass? I would assume if you grew up in mass and raced here you might have been on the Berkshire East team? PM me the details.
    Morgan

sorry...screwed up there. Last message was to be a PM to macdadmorgan.
    He has dibs.

The DH skis are being saved, probably to be part of a bench made up of a bunch of our kids old race skis. These ones were my son's first DH skis. I've seen a bunch of these pop up for sale, real cheap.

I have a pair of DH skis for sale over on Epic Ski. 206 Rossi's. My daughter skied them in US Nationals last year. They're a very, very good pair, but due to the length they aren't FIS compliant. I'm selling for $125, plus shipping. No bindings, but they have the Rossi WC black and silver plate. Price is low as I just want somebody to take them and use them.

Thanks.
    SWH

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Paypal is fine, PM me the address and I will send the money over.
    Thanks
    Morgan
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Sold to macdadmorgan! Thanks, and thanks TGR.