EC/MA boot fitter recommendations?

So I'm sick of random foot pain and abnormal movement within my boots due to my misshapen feet/legs and looking to improve the fit of my next pair of boots.

Can anyone recommend a decent bootfitter? Preferably close to Boston, but I'm open to the rest of the Northeast if it would be worth it.

Jeff Bokum at S&W Sports in Concord, NH. Just saw him over the weekend to tweak my boots and adjust footbeds. Takes his time to analyze you and does a good job at explaining things. Good work and highly recommended.

Paul Richelson in Plymouth, NH

http://www.myfeetfirst.com/

He doesn't sell boots so he won't give you the stink-eye if you walk in with your own. I've recomended him to friends and family and all have been amazed.
    Last edited by OldCat82; 10-15-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I can spell but I can't type

Go see Jack at the Wilderness House in Boston. He will hook you up. Great guy, great bootfitter.

inner bootworks, stowe vt. Kinda far but theyre real good

Quote Originally Posted by OldCat82 View Post
    Paul Richelson in Plymouth, NH

http://www.myfeetfirst.com/

He doesn't sell boots so he won't give you the stink-eye if you walk in with your own. I've recomended him to friends and family and all have been amazed.
    Agreed.

Another good boot shop:
    www.gmolfoot.com
    . . . although a bit pricey, like everything else at Stratton.

Also a good boot shop:
    www.basinski.com
    . . . although, umm, just don't go internet surfing with the manager.

And for plug boots:
    www.racestocksports.com

Matt Manser at Skirack in Burlington, Vermont is real good. Far away, but he knows his shit.

Thanks all, great suggestions. I might be up in the white mountains this weekend so maybe I'll check some of these guys out.

Quote Originally Posted by usarugger View Post
    Go see Jack at the Wilderness House in Boston. He will hook you up. Great guy, great bootfitter.
    Is that Joe Jones/Bob Smiths whatever it's called? Might be my best bet for location.

I'm hoping its a pretty simple change and I don't need too much extra work as far as dremel'ing, stretching, cutting off toes, etc. I used to fit people for boots but that was ages ago and it was at a Ski Market so people were more concerned with matching colors than fit.

Now I'm completely out of my element.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Is that Joe Jones/Bob Smiths whatever it's called?
    Correct -- originally Wilderness House (an amazingly stereotypical musty old tele hippie shop), then taken over (and totally transformed) by Bob Smith's, next taken over (but still given some independence) by the Joe Jones chain.

Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Try custom made boots from Surefoot. Contact Ray Rice at the Killington store, or Heath Petersen in New York City.
    They also, can re-fit your boots with custom liners/orthotics. Both have many years of bootfitting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tSki View Post
    inner bootworks, stowe vt. Kinda far but theyre real good
    +1 for inner bootworks

Hal at Northern Ski Works on the Killington access road. A triple AAA shop and fitter in my book.

the ski stop in westwood. real good work. just one bootfitter runs the shop i cant remember his name.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Wondering if anyone knows a good, reputable fitter in the Boston area who carries AT boots? Is there somewhere I can go to see what's going to fit me without having to drive up to NH or VT? I have no idea what I will want, so can't say what brands they will need to carry... I'm coming out of an '06 Technica Diablo Magnesium if that means anything to you. I want to go stiffer than that was.

+1 for both skirack and Ski stop
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    +1 for both skirack and Ski stop
    If you mean SkiRack in Burlington, I'm hoping to find something closer to Boston. If I go to northern VT, I'll probably go to Inner Bootworks anyways...

As for SkiStop in Westwood, MA... that's the right distance, but unfortunately they don't carry and AT gear, so not what I'm looking for.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    bump for this thread, looking to get some some AT boots in the next month or so and would prefer to trust my dollars to a reputable shop rather then the EMS in manhattan.

Dan at Stan & Dan's in North Conway. Does nordy, salomon and a bunch of other stuff.

Glen at sport thoma in waterville.

Hal at Northern Ski Works on the Killington access road is the man!