Camelback - How green is too green

The bag shown below is about 6 years old. I've bleached it a few times but the green color seems permanent. It hasn't made me sick yet. At what point do you just toss the bag and buy another?

When it was new the water containing part was the same blue color as the upper part.

The bladder probably shouldn't turn the water green and it may be time to replace it.
    "Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all"
    - Ned Flanders

Meh. I've used a camelbak that looked that brownish-green... No ill effects so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

I haven't been able to see through the tube on mine in a year or two. Adds a nice flavor.
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

advres Guest
    Just fill it up with vodka, consume and voila! You got drunk and the bacteria got fuckard.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Just fill it up with vodka, consume and voila! You got drunk and the bacteria got fuckard.
    have you actually ever done this? you can't get the watered-down vodka taste out of the bladder and i think the alcohol starts like corroding the plastic so it just ends up all crummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    have you actually ever done this? you can't get the watered-down vodka taste out of the bladder and i think the alcohol starts like corroding the plastic so it just ends up all crummy.
    Fuck, I forgot my smilie. I keep forgetting that everyone takes me seriously unless I put a smilie.

huck it,

new bladders are cheap, and well worth the $20? when you are sick for a few days...

Never had a problem drinking from mine even though it was green with black patches. MMMMMM...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Never had a problem drinking from mine even though it was green with black patches. MMMMMM...
    i think the black means don't drink.

Try turning it inside out and scrubbing it....or get a brush...

i think camelbacks should only carry cider, then the green shit inside is the least of your wories mid climb.....

Yeah. green = ok. black = kick that bitch to the curb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

6 years?

Don't risk a new one, you might get sick.