Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: ON3P Skis

My wood veneer Caylors look real pretty in that picture.

ON3P skis are big fun

I had the pleasure of demoing them last spring at xtal and was blown away by how burly and easy to ski at the same time they were. Not sure how he does it but they're terrific.

You KNOW I want a pair and would gladly be an evangelist for the brand anytime.

Iggy's a nice guy too, super stoked on what he's doing. Kind of a younger, less stoned out Splat.

Keep up the good work dude, and hook me up with some o'them sticks, willya?

As everybody has said, awesome job man!!! Way to follow a dream all the way through to the end. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    The Great Scott looks a lot like the S7 shape. Sexy!

Amazing work there from start to finish. Inspirational... now if only I could dedicate my energy to something other than... nothing.
    Definitely same type of idea of corresponding rocker and sidecut taper. Except the radius is 30m vs 18m, so they should be a lot less turny.

The billy goat is pretty similar to the S7. It is a mutt of sort.

People wanted a wrenegade (191cm 141/113/128) and great scott (191cm 145/125/13) in a shorter size but I couldn't afford to get templates made for both so I sort of combined the two to get the billy goat, which has the same tip and tail taper/rocker as the great scott, but is 186cm, 140/115/120, so the radius drops down to about 23m making it a bit more turny.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 10-13-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Sounds like you need to start considering taking orders.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Keep up the good work dude, and hook me up with some o'them sticks, willya?
    I have 3 demos set up already. That pair of wrenegades you skied, a pair of JBS, and a pair of Jeronimos.

I will definitely be up at crystal this year and should have the whole quiver of skis for you to try.

Guess I will quickly explain the names too.

Great Scott = umm...me. Modest of me.
    Caylor = Sam Caylor, second in command
    Wrenegade = Alex Wren, Wren on here
    Jeronimo = Matty Jeronimo who is responsible for all the sick graphics
    Billy Goat = Billy Russell who helped get all the skis finished
    JBS = Josh's baby ski for Josh Anderson who is an amazing skier, but happens to be slightly height challenged, who also helped with skis
    Blue Steele = David Steele who also worked his ass off getting skis finished

Here's a picture of the Caylors 35cm/2.5cm rocker that is in both the tip and tail. Flat underfoot.

Sam(Caylor) and I both skied Hellbents and EP Pros last year and thought both skis needed improving on, so we put our heads together to come up with the Caylor. It is exactly what we were looking for. A stiffer ski with a blend of rocker and sidecut. It is a true 191cm long. Right in between a 179 and 189 Hellbent. Made to be mounted 2cm back from center and meant to land and ski switch in the deep.

here is a decent pic of the whole caylor rocker.

ahh, thanks sean i was just about to post up that picture actually! haha.

yep, sean and i worked together to design the caylor. we both wanted a ski that was similar to the ep/bent style but with a rocker somehwere slightly in the middle.

my biggest problem i found on my eps was (of course) how much flex they had. i was consistently popping out when stomping cliffs because they flexed so much on landing that they would pop off. and after riding bents a few days i could feel how stiff they were compared to the ep's, and fell in love.

in comes the Caylor. fat, rockered, long, and stiffer than the bents without a doubt (i will be skiing these everywhere, park/pow/groomers/crud). we designed this ski with everything in mind. i needed a ski that would perform at all levels in all conditions, aka the perfect Baker ski, something stiff enough to charge hard lines and drop bombs liek bush, but still playful and poppy enough to have fun on in the park and everywhere in between with enough rocker to switch pow with ease. with the help of sean i think the Caylor became exactly that

totally in awe

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

sickbird!! i would love to demo these in CO look awesome way to get after it!

I approve this message

scotty, your dedication to the project is so inspiring. I'm glad you've stuck with it and that I've gotten to follow this for the past couple of years. You deserve every success and I can't wait to be on the product this year. In part, ON3P and going after what you really want to do has given me the ability to say "fuck it" this winter and travel to where I really want to be, with my jer's in the box, of course.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

i remembered when you first mentioned this company, and it's totally killer to see all that come to fruition. i too would love to demo any of the pairs floating around in colorado. (pun intended).

edit - i always thought it was "on 3 p"
    but now i know, like GI Joe
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Mad props for making it happen. Throughout all those photos I kept saying to myself "homie built a ski press from scratch!?!"

Solid effort. Stoked for whatever you make of the adventure!
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

awesome job man

add me to what I'm sure is a growing line of people wanting a pair of wrenegades or great scotts. i've been coveting them since you posted them up on the quiver pic thread.

I am continually in awe of the amazing work Scott, Sam, and the rest of the guys put into this project. I expected pretty good things from the get go just because of how dedicated Scott was about the whole idea. His confidence in the project convinced me to sell two pairs of my skis to come up with money for a test pair back in March of 06' (maybe 05'? I don't even know). After seeing wicked initial progress I was more than happy to give him another small loan to keep things going. And after seeing my pair come out of the press I didn't even hesitate at the opportunity to get another pair. I have not been this excited for the start of the season pretty much ever.

Oh and for those up and around Whis, I have a pair of Great Scotts and Wrenegades here in Vancouver/Whistler, mounted for a 304mm BSL.

Wow. I'm in awe. You did exactly what I dreamed of doing all through my childhood. If you have skis for sale next year, I'll be buying.

Wow Scott this is very impressive to say the least! Strong effing work.

Best of luck in the future. Based on the drive and motivation you've illustrated in this thread, I'm sure you'll be successful and whatever you choose to do

way to kill it.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Any demos mounted for tele this winter?
    Me thinks Bishop Bombers would be the only suitable binding to go on them (bsl 29.5 to be exact)

Congrats on living the dream.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

I'd be happy to "host" a pair of the 186 JBS here in Colorado and share 'em around.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Looks sweet! Great work dude!

Thumbs up

Kick ass work. Completely blown away. Props to all involved.

no shit.

keep your head down and make this shit happen. you will get old enough in time and be chained to a wife/kids/job/bos before you know it.

props x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

skis look super sick. You should get a site going with a donate button. I'm sure a good amount of people would throw a couple of bucks down. Even if its just enough to help with the website fees.