Thumbs up TR: Boulder Drop and Skykomish River, WA

Well, it finally happened. Couldn't believe we could convince Girlski to hop in the water- but alas no pics. However, here are a few before us necomers put in below Boulder Drop on the Skykomish.

Girlski and I dodged a boulders and snakes on our way to the lookout. Here, the infamous Boulder Drop (in low water)

A few more pics, here are a few of Baker Boy getting his share of summer face shots

Jason from Stevens Pass drops in

An unlucky situation for one of the noobs, but somehow he pulls it off!

So after the Boulder Drop carnage is over (and BakerBoy's cartwheeling swim in Lunch Hole), we get ready to drop into the Lower section Girlski and I are waiting for- Railroad Rapid

And after Railroad, she's hooked. We make our way down through a few others and then it's my turn to get worked in Fisherman's. Just riddled with shallow holes, I took a beating, went under, tried to roll- but instead got my paddle wedged in the rocks (yep, new paddle- 4 days on the river reduced to dust) so I end up having to take a swim- too shallow to roll anyway. Rocks were bumping all over me- kind of like running through the grinder with a touch of sand paper. Baker Boy and Jason take turns with the short stick for the remainder of the run- get into Landslide rapid- Girlski gets stuck. We can hear the cussing a mile away and are laughing our asses off while gulping down chunks of water riding in the small wave trains as she belts out the war cry.. @#$#@%(*#&$(#*&$#(@*$&#@(*&!!!!!!!!!

In the end, Girlski finishs strong and is quite surpised at how much fun can be had on the river. Guess I owe BakerBoy some more beers next time 'cause I didn't think she'd really ditch her bike for the rapids!

More pics later, but if your looking for BakerBoy, look no further than here

or here

Last edited by Squirrel99; 07-12-2004 at 10:42 AM.

Carnage

Well, here's a boatload of wasted cash down the drain
    Thanks, Fisherman's

WA welcomes the Alta contingent with open arms, here the Sky dishes out some summer face shots

Few more photos

BakerBoy

Dood, I'm pretty sure Werner has a life time warranty on their shafts. Do you have the other half?

Originally posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Dood, I'm pretty sure Werner has a life time warranty on their shafts. Do you have the other half?
    Nope- couldn't find it in the rapid, likely stuck in between the rocks somewhere. Hoping that I can get it warranteed

Smile

Holy carnage! Couple of questions....

Bakerboy swam?

Did you both of you drink beer from a dirty booty for those swims?

Yes yes yes....the boys convinced me to give paddling a try. Actually I appearantly gave my consent to learn AFTER they got me drunk (true story!!!). Any legal mags know that drunken consent is not valid...I digress...I was signed up at that point and wouldn't back down. I also assured Baker Boy that if he put me out in the water and fed me to the wolves, a serious ass chewing would ensue. However, all the guys gave me pointers and I did have a really fun time. Can't say that I am hooked, but am inclined to give it another shot. Thanks to Squirrel and Baker Boy for the hangover and dragging my ass out on the water! Fun weekend kids!
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Sounds like you guys had a good time. All i know is that kayaking is just as freaking scary as the establishments that butterball i mean bakerboy likes to frequent.
    smoke crack and worship satan

If everyone swims, who enforces the bootie rule? bwahhhh!!

Originally posted by Foggy_Goggles
    If everyone swims, who enforces the bootie rule? bwahhhh!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm sure Girlski would fight tooth and nail for that honor (but she did take a swim in an eddy- after BB tipped her right side up- so does that count?) Shots of tequila, anyone?

Drink the bootie!

HA!!! Schmidt booty at that!!!

nice one Foggy!

and NICE pic's Squirrel!!!

Thumbs up

You gots ta drink from the booty! My buddy last year after a swim on the West Gallatin

He just about hurled afterwards, booty stank was gnar

Here is a screenshot of the movie I took of his swim

In this pic, he has just finished a bad boof, and is attempting the first of 3 rolls.

In this one he is ejecting. That dark spot that you see below the boat is helmet, NOT ATTACHED TO HIS HEAD. Upon the 3rd attempt, the helmet came off and he bailed. Right after this he slid down a 50 foot rock slide on his ass and got a bit banged up.
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 07-18-2004 at 08:18 PM.

That's some serious car-nage!!!!