Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Get out and get some sunshine and exercise. A few rays can make a world of difference. I didn't realize how much until I left a perpetually sunny place for one with weeks of wet weather.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    whoever put that awful tag there should have their IP address banned for life.
    Completey agree.

Plus suicide is the easy way out that leave nothing but a larger degree of hurt on all that care about you.

You are probably on of the spineless bitches who hides behind an alias and can't truely think for yourself. Fuck you!
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 10-11-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Some good advice in here mixed in with the crap. Hopefully you can sort out which is which. Don't be afraid to get some help.

sublime,
    there's just SOOO many people tweaking these days for SOOO many different reasons.
    Ride it out, brother.
    I'm glad there's a place like TGR and a few others online that make me realize that there's a higher power of aloha, powder, sunshine , good music , friends , ALL THAT GOOD STUFF.
    Don't despair, listen to some Bob Marley, smoke some herb and realize that we're all in this together and things could be much worse.
    and let us know that you're still hangin' in there...OK ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Cleaning around the house always a first step for me.

Also you might also want to think about sunlamp since this is the time of the year when lack of light can start effecting you.

Still surviving for 24 years after a suicide attempt and hospitalization. Don't think it is a coincidence that is also about the same time I learned to ski to make the dark days of winter seem a little shorter.

Oh, and to the asshole who put suicide=great option. You're right it is an option just not a great one. Also to whomever put that why don't you visit your local AIDS hospice or cancer ward and make fun of the people there. It's the same thing as mocking someone with mental health issues.
    Last edited by Sea 2 Ski; 10-11-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'm w/ WW Listening to Bobs 3 little birds and a big spliff never hurt
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This photo always brings a smile to my face:

Elavil

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Sorry for the dear diary bullshit.

Lately I can't get motivated to do much of anything. Hell it seems to take alot out of me just to get going on the morning and using morning is a long stretch. I have so much shit I need to do that's important like take care of my finances or what's left of them I should say. I need to work on getting a job since the interview thread it's been a "were going to hire you as soon as we get our budget in order" which has turned into the budget will be done in two more weeks or a couple more weeks. Which blows. My other job only work here and there which mean no cash. And on top of everything I have zero energy to do anything. Seems like simple shit drains me way more then it. I have nothing to look forward to anymore which blows.

All stop my whining now and you can just let this post fall to the bottom.

I feel your pain. Al except the job part, but I really hate my job. I get no satisfaction out of it at all but I go because it is my dads company. I did go and still go to a counselor twice a month, It weems to help just to get shit off my chest. I have also been taking Cymbalta for about a year whit also seems to help most of the time. Go talk to some one, it really helps.

My crappy advice..

Give up all alcohol and drugs unless under prescription. Try and not watch tv and use internet sparingly. Lean on a friend for companionship and support. Focus on things that are important to you. Snow sports for example.. Good luck

Smile

I would like to say thank you to everyone who posted in this thread minus a few shitheads. When I threw that thread up I honestly thought it would just fall to the bottom or get a bunch of "sack up you nancy" replies. I worked a couple 12 hour days this weekend stripping, roofing, and sweating my ass off out in the sun did a whole lot of good. Not to mention huffing a bundle of shingles up a ladder is a hell of a good way to get the ski legs in killer shape. Put some cash in the pocket since lately I couldn't buy a damn cup of coffee . It also let me get out my frustrations since I tend to bottle shit up like your not suppose to. Now if I can just manage to keep the getting up at a decent hour thing going, which at times is I feel is impossible, I will be in decent shape. Anyone have any advice?

This is your life, this is as good as it gets and it's ending one minute at a time.

I spent a few months in a bad depression, a week of that I am told I was catatonic, no memory of it though. It started when I was playing counter strike and suddenly just couldn't play it, just lost all interest. It was strange, I really wanted to play it but just turned it off after 10 seconds. It went downhill fast from there to me not sleeping more then a few minutes here and there for weeks laying on the couch doing nothing. Get it taken care of now before it really becomes depression.
    Holy shit I can't imagine not knowing what I did for a whole week. I remember once I drove to work once and when I got there I could not recall one second of the drive there. CS is addicting as hell I used to play that game for hours and hours every night. Got damn good ranked top ten on a few servers and even pooned Blurred in a few games. My 360 just got the red lights of death so I guess it's a good thing.

that right there is some classic intraweb advize.
    Isn't that the best kind?

For many of us here, snow heals all malaise.
    I am so stoked for the season to start. My terrian is limited in Michigan but i've realised that it's not the mountains or lack of, it's the time I spend having fun with good friends that make it.

Rideski - Sick video check out the box set it's amazing.

Sublime, I am right there with you. I have been feeling the same way for quite awhile now. There is a lot of good advice here. We just need to start small and gain momentum. Before you know it things will be back to normal.
    I challenge you to a start things off.

get some kind of job. I hung sheet rock for 6 months (and enjoyed it, I might add), then I got the job I wanted.
    Not my favorite thing to do but after roofing I will be happy to hang some rock.

well, youre pretty pathetic.
    Asshat.

Still surviving for 24 years after a suicide attempt and hospitalization. Don't think it is a coincidence that is also about the same time I learned to ski to make the dark days of winter seem a little shorter.
    Glad to have you around and I bet that all the people that love you are happy that you didn't succeed.

Raccoonface and his "okbye" always makes me laugh for some reason.

All right all end this ADD post. Once again a huge THANK YOU for all the help. And a extra extra thanks to the maggots that PMed me you are what makes this place amazing.

"were going to hire you as soon as we get our budget in order" .

Well you didn't want to work for a company that can't use proper punctuation anyways did you?

Now if I can just manage to keep the getting up at a decent hour thing going, which at times is I feel is impossible, I will be in decent shape. Anyone have any advice?
    Set your alarm at the time you want to get up, and don't change it. Go to bed at the same time every night too, and before long you probably won't need the clock.

I second the earlier advice about exercise and getting outside, but also remember if you get some exercise you'll sleep better at night. Make a habit of working out in the morning and that will help to make you wake up early every day.

Least that's the way it works for me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Smile

maybe call up matt foley

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.