(not another!) Fall colours, vancouver

I know we're all sick of fall photos but heres my shot at it.

They're not all nessicarily (i know, spelling.) 'fall colours', but they've all kind of got a fall-like feeling I suppose.

Anyways, heres what I've got

well, i posted twice to say "kudos" but the posts never appeared.

kudos.

Dude. I'm in Vancouver until tomorrow morning. Was out shooting at Cyprus Overlook this morning. We should go shoot tonight if you want to get out. Nice pics, btw.
    The Griz

adam? Was that you we saw - we were riding at 630am @ Cypress - you might have asked for directions
    Last edited by LeeLau; 10-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Nice shots. Lots of colour out here at UBC too...
    One thing I got a kick out of... was the thread title, and then seeing black and white pics

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    adam? Was that you we saw - we were riding at 630am @ Cypress - you might have asked for directions
    Yessir. Small world...didn't even realize it was you, although I've never seen you without ski gear on...craziness...
    The Griz

I particularly like this one! Very moody.

^^ Thanks, I might want to crop the bottom off but I haven't bothered yet

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    Dude. I'm in Vancouver until tomorrow morning. Was out shooting at Cyprus Overlook this morning. We should go shoot tonight if you want to get out. Nice pics, btw.
    Ah, I would, but I'm busy from now til late. I was thinking of going out cause the weathers nuts at the moment, but oh well

Cool shots! Some photos just beg for photoshop:

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

^^^ hahah, I usually don't approve when people mess with photos but thats pretty fuckin' sick, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Nice shots. Lots of colour out here at UBC too...
    One thing I got a kick out of... was the thread title, and then seeing black and white pics
    i just realized that as well

wiilbert - how do you DO that? pretty damn sweet effect!

hdcb - my fav is the black and white that shows the swirl, maybe up the contrast a touch to make it pop just that much more? and are you still shooting all these with a p+s? you're on this photo forum as much as anyone, time for an upgrade man! indulge your hobby!
    Hail Ullr

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    Yessir. Small world...didn't even realize it was you, although I've never seen you without ski gear on...craziness...

That's classic.

Quote Originally Posted by gholman12 View Post
    It's actually pretty easy. First I upped the contrast on the original layer, to make the green pop a bit more. Here's a tutorial for the rest of it. Though this isn't exactly how I do it, it gives the same result.

hdcb, if you want me to shop the high res version of that photo for you, just PM it to me. I considered asking first, but I figured some people would like to see that. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gholman12 View Post

hdcb - my fav is the black and white that shows the swirl, maybe up the contrast a touch to make it pop just that much more? and are you still shooting all these with a p+s? you're on this photo forum as much as anyone, time for an upgrade man! indulge your hobby!
    Yeah I am. I've been thinking about it but I don't really have much money to spend right now, I'm still young and poor I'll look around once I start working a decent job By the way, I agree with you, I upped the contrast on the swirl photo and its quite cool looking now

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    It's actually pretty easy. First I upped the contrast on the original layer, to make the green pop a bit more. Here's a tutorial for the rest of it. Though this isn't exactly how I do it, it gives the same result.

hdcb, if you want me to shop the high res version of that photo for you, just PM it to me. I considered asking first, but I figured some people would like to see that. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.
    Yeah no worries. Thats interesting, I thought you would have selected the to-be coloured section, cut it, BWed the background then pasted the first bit back in. If I had something better than a free rip-off of photoshop then would try it out