Moab Maggot Meet... October 24th-26th.

So
    I am gonna be in Moab October 24th-25th for some fall riding goodness.
    I'd like to meet up with some maggots while I am down there.

Theplan is to get a group camping site on Friday, probably up Kane Creek road a ways. Get up early on Saturday and do a shuttled Hazard County - Kokopelli - LPS - Porcupine ride.

I'd like to have enough of a critical mass of peeps show up so we can organize a group meal on the trail. ie Everybody bring alittle fo somethign and as a group have a nice lunch.

So far, for sure, its me, MoonJest, ShmoeSmith, and perhaps one other.

Post up here if you wanna meet up!
    All maggots are welcome.
    Last edited by tigerstripe40; 10-07-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Tempting

Dog gone I gotta see if I can make this work.

Bump.

Still trying to get this planned.
    I have 7 peeps fo-shizzle so far.
    -James

I really want to go. Anyone wanna watch the dogs?

Tempting. But I think we are going this weekend.

A bunch of riders from the Reno/Tahoe area are coming to Moab from Oct. 22-26 -- Mrs. C. and I will be there. We're camping at the Moab Rim Campark south of town.

I think we're all going to the Chili Pepper bike shop halloween party on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    A bunch of riders from the Reno/Tahoe area are coming to Moab from Oct. 22-26 -- Mrs. C. and I will be there. We're camping at the Moab Rim Campark south of town.

I think we're all going to the Chili Pepper bike shop halloween party on Saturday.
    Damn, I just missed you guys. I was down Oct 11-13th and had an amazing time. I'm definitely heading back some time next year.

Have a great trip!

You guys will want to plan your day on porcupine around the race, fyi:

Chile Pepper Bike Shop is proud to be bringing back mountain bike racing to the fall
    festival known as the Moab Chile Ho-Down!

We have received approval from the Bureau of Land Management to utilize the LPS trail (lower porcupine single-track) and the portion of
    Porcupine Rim Trail that is referred to as the Porcupine climb. This race is a Super-D time trial and is approximately 4 miles in length. Our
    permit allows a total of 100 registered men/women sport, expert and open/pro mountain bike riders. This trail and race format IS NOT intended
    for beginner riders and beginner riders are strongly discouraged from registering.

Porcupine Rim Trail and LPS trail will be closed from 1pm to 3pm on race day which is Saturday, October 25th, 2008.

Logistics – Shuttles – Rules:

Race packet pick-up will be at the Chile Pepper Bike Shop beginning Thursday, October 23rd and ending on Saturday morning October 25th at
    10am. A pre-race meeting is scheduled for 12pm on race day at the Porcupine Trail head. Racers will need to make their way from town to the
    trail head. If you are a racer that will be in need of a shuttle from town, then please contact Chile Pepper so we can make the necessary
    arrangements. Shuttles from town are an extra expense and racers will be required to pay the shuttle company directly ($10/person). Shuttles
    will begin taking racers and bikes from the parking area at Porcupine Rim Trail to the race start at 12:30pm following the race meeting. Racers
    will be shuttled in order of class with sport riders racing first (this shuttle is provided as part of your race fee). ONLY racers will be allowed on
    shuttle vehicles. Spectators can make there way up course from the bottom of Porcupine Rim Trail. (We are discouraging spectators from
    driving up to the LPS trail head due to the very limited parking at the start point of the race.) The race will start at approximately 1pm.

Course marshals will be positioned along the trail as well as emergency personnel. The LPS portion of the race is a single-track trail and will be
    marked with course tape. Racers will be immediately disqualified for going off course or by intentionally breaking through course tape to pass.
    We have to minimize resource damage along this trail corridor and there will be no tolerance for misconduct or intentional trail damage. It is
    important for racers to heed this rule if we want to be permitted to use this race course in the future.

NO PRACTICE RUNS allowed on race day. This trail is a VERY busy trail that will be utilized by the general public the morning of the race. We
    have specifically set the race times to not interfere with folks who will be riding the trail that morning. If you want to pre-ride the course prior to
    race day, you may do so, but keep in mind that this is an open trail and there will be no emergency personnel or course marshals present and
    the trail will have the general public present. Proper trail etiquette must be observed. There will be a shuttle vehicle available at the Porcupine
    Rim Trail head on Friday afternoon from 1pm to 3pm to provide transportation and the shuttle fee will be paid directly to the shuttle driver at
    $10/person.
    Keep it unclipped

was just there last weekend. Incredible conditions/weather. Wish I could go this weekend, but I have to work. Have fun! =)
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

Still nailing down plans.
    So far I have 5 from salt lake confirmed with 2 waffling.

Could the Co contingency please PM me?
    Thanks!
    -James

Mrs. C. and I are loaded and going tomorrow -- we'll be with about 40 people from Reno, staying at the Moab Rim Campark south of town, and using a rental RV for a shuttle vehicle. I'm riding a "raw" finish 575, if you see me on the trail, say hi.

Riding in Junction area on Friday, plan to hit hazard-porcupine on Sat am before the race, check out the big air on sat night, and hit something quick on Sunday. It looks like the weather is going to be good.

Myself and Patrickski will also be there.

If you see a Toyota Taco or a Nissan Frontier (both with toppers) and a dude riding a silver Giant Reign say what up.

Will be camping up Kane Creek. And for some stupid reason...also racing.