Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Will Abasin or Loveland open this weekend?

What does everyone think, It supposed to be cold enough to make snow all week and there should be a little help from mother nature. Anyone think we will be skiing this weekend?

Loveland

back on the 3rd

Abasin

I really need to ski i can't drink like the last weekends anymore
    Last edited by oneflow; 10-06-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by oneflow View Post

I really need to ski i can't drink like the last weekends anymore
    There's your problem, you thinking of drinking as work......
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

A-Basin has much less snow to make than loveland (500 vert as opposed to 1000 vert) I don't see why they wouldn't open this weekend given the overnight lows forecast for this week. I would give loveland another week though.

No way. Neither will open this weekend. We'll be lucky if it's this month. If I remember correctly, 2006 was an early year for Loveland and it was Oct. 17.

Quote Originally Posted by whacked View Post
    No way. Neither will open this weekend. We'll be lucky if it's this month. If I remember correctly, 2006 was an early year for Loveland and it was Oct. 17.
    Are you high? Given your Avatar, I assume you are. Loveland looked pretty covered last night. Plus, my baby is coming on the 12th, so i'm sure that's when one will open.

loveland just posted some new pics

"Cold Weather and Snowmaking Return
    After a week of warm weather, Mother Nature gave us what we needed with a storm this weekend that dusted the mountain and allowed our snowmakers to fire up the guns. We were able to blow snow on Saturday and Sunday, and the weather forecast is looking promising for the next week. The coverage on Catwalk is looking good and we are starting to move downhill. Stay tuned as we get closer to making an opening day announcement."

http://www.skiloveland.com/Pics/phot...togallery.aspx

nah.

Go for a bike ride or something.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

I hope so, I can't wait till opening day!

Not sure about the resorts, but I heard that Grays (and/or Torreys) had some fine snow on it. My roommate was hiking up there, but didn't reach the summit because of the conditions. He ran into a young skier at the bottom that found some deep pockets.

i might need to do that if nothing opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    Not sure about the resorts, but I heard that Grays (and/or Torreys) had some fine snow on it. My roommate was hiking up there, but didn't reach the summit because of the conditions. He ran into a young skier at the bottom that found some deep pockets.
    I got a good look at Grays and Torreys on Sunday. Looked pretty white. But it will only be deep in pockets and will need more to really be skiable. If Loveland opens this weekend, I will not be joining the shitshow unless it dumps about 2 more feet the night before.

Actually, if it snows that much, I may end up on Grays or Torreys.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

There is skiing to be had on Grays right now. Probably about 700 or 800 vertical. I was surprised to not hit any rocks yesterday when I slid down. I think I can pull off a half day tomorrow morning to go back. PM me if you want to ski.

new pic damn i am getting to excited

SSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE EEEE
    Sunday ends with her head in a pillow, ass in the air with me pounding her from behind. Life is good.

must open. been crappy week. need cheering up and its only monday...
    powdaaaah

I can't help think of what a waste of resources it is for these resorts to get their shitty-ass-ribbon-of-death race on. I mean, think of the thousands of gallons of water being wasted not to mention the electricity, manpower, etc etc. Is it really skiing?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    I got a good look at Grays and Torreys on Sunday. Looked pretty white. But it will only be deep in pockets and will need more to really be skiable.
    Oh it's really skiable. Actually it's a little safer now cause you know exactly where to ski. If it snows two feet, unless you've been up there recently, how are you gonna know where the rocks are?

Quote Originally Posted by powdherb View Post
    I can't help think of what a waste of resources it is for these resorts to get their shitty-ass-ribbon-of-death race on. I mean, think of the thousands of gallons of water being wasted not to mention the electricity, manpower, etc etc. Is it really skiing?
    Ya, it's really skiing. Anyway it's a ski area, what are they supposed to do? Paint the bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by powdherb View Post

judging by the crowds at a-basin in early october vs may, it must REALLY be skiing because there's a whole lot more desire by the front range morons to ski high noon in shit conditions than Pali/East Wall/Beavers/etc with 50-100 inches of snowpack.

ABasin is shooting for the 17th. I don't see it happening before that, even though temps should be in the 20s every night this week.

This message sent via blackberry 06-10-2008 21:59
    Posting from the bottom of chair 1. Shit's looking good here at the 'Land. I'm optimistic. Would kinda suck to spend an extra week here, what with classes and all. This tent is NOT that comfortable. See you all this weekend.

-End message-
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

A-Basin is looking good... I think there is still hope for saturday.

lets hope so i think loveland is trying for the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Oh it's really skiable. Actually it's a little safer now cause you know exactly where to ski. If it snows two feet, unless you've been up there recently, how are you gonna know where the rocks are?
    Pretty good at reading the surface. Not saying I wouldn't hit any rocks, but I think if I go, I will know where to go and where to avoid. Been doing this a long time and only broken 26 bones so far.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

A-basin will open Saturday.

hope your right any inside info to back that up?