Page 155 of 204 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5098
    AC is going to be a junkshow, but I will catch at least one...

Hope Dicks tix are easier this year.

Eyeing an LA cannonball run.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'll put in for Dick's because those are the only tix I am super worried about. I will be at the Gorge 100%. If you don't go to the Gorge this year you will be one year older when you do. It's the best, Jerry.....THE BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pray for no plague.
    No camping this year at Dick's regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'll put in for Dick's because those are the only tix I am super worried about. I will be at the Gorge 100%. If you don't go to the Gorge this year you will be one year older when you do. It's the best, Jerry.....THE BEST!
    You do on site general camping? I think we’re gonna upgrade to at least premiere camping, unless we rent an RV....

I’ve heard the heat can get brutal at the gorge, especially mornings in the tent.

The on site camping is kinda weird, it’s sold by live nation, so you can’t even try and book a site until the tickets go on sale to the public I think..

It is not sold by Live Nation in the traditional way regular tickets are, camping tickets are sold here: gorgecamping.com

Do not stay in the regular camping unless you are a hardcore wook who wants to be crammed in around spun fools and nitrous tanks all weekend.

I have always stayed in premier but might go for terraces this year. Getting into the campground on Friday can be a shitshow, so get there way, way early if you can (unless you get Gold, that is the only one with a separate entrance).

I assume gorgecamping.com will start selling tickets next Friday on Feb. 7 when regular tickets go on sale but I am checking every day because premier and better sells out FAST, at least it has for Dead and Co the past couple years.

It does get hot as balls, bring multiple easy-ups and make a compound. It also can be cold as shit at night, first night Dead and Co last summer was down jacket territory.

I have also heard good things about this place: https://wildhorsecampground.com/. But if you want to tour Shakedown--which is fucking epic for multi-night runs--it is inside the regular camping so you can't go unless you have a camping bracelet (any kind will get you into the general ghetto camp area).

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    It is not sold by Live Nation in the traditional way regular tickets are, camping tickets are sold here: gorgecamping.com

Do not stay in the regular camping unless you are a hardcore wook who wants to be crammed in around spun fools and nitrous tanks all weekend.

I have always stayed in premier but might go for terraces this year. Getting into the campground on Friday can be a shitshow, so get there way, way early if you can (unless you get Gold, that is the only one with a separate entrance).

I assume gorgecamping.com will start selling tickets next Friday on Feb. 7 when regular tickets go on sale but I am checking every day because premier and better sells out FAST, at least it has for Dead and Co the past couple years.

It does get hot as balls, bring multiple easy-ups and make a compound. It also can be cold as shit at night, first night Dead and Co last summer was down jacket territory.

I have also heard good things about this place: https://wildhorsecampground.com/. But if you want to tour Shakedown--which is fucking epic for multi-night runs--it is inside the regular camping so you can't go unless you have a camping bracelet (any kind will get you into the general ghetto camp area).
    Thank you sir. Lots of great info for us. I absolutely do it want to be in general.. I had heard of wild horse, they sold out by noon today. It was also $250 per site, and then you have to shuttle.

The premiere looks really close to where I think shakedown is, which maybe translates to a loud night?

I might be up on the terrace if I can get a spot. If I see they start selling sites before the 7th, I’ll pm you right away, and hopefully you can do the same.

We’re leaving from Missoula early Friday, so hoping to be at the gates by noon.

Thanks again for the info. It’s a long haul for me, so hoping to get the best experience out of it.

At Dead and Co the real shakedown has been at the very back of the main ghetto, so a long ways from premier. And if you get there early on Friday (early afternoon is early) then you will be towards the front of premier, so a good long walk from the general.

The ghetto is separated from premier by the official sanctioned vending area, so I don't think you have to worry too much about noise/chaos from ghetto bleeding into premier. This sanctioned vending area is not the same as shakedown and it shuts down at a reasonable hour.

The only negative thing I can say about premier is that last year we were by the main drag and these heinous lights were on after the shows until pretty late. And no matter what, bring silicone earplugs. Greatest thing ever.

We will be driving over from Missoula too. Good call on PMs, I will keep an eye out.

I haven't been to Phish at the Gorge since 97 so I hope if I am spewing bullshit someone chimes in.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I sleep in "nerd Premier" aka the Phellowship/sober camping. Quiet, clean, great location, free, as much space as you want for giant ez-ups, etc.

I had a huge fence directly to the east of my truck + big ez-up over the truck = 70 degrees under the topper until 10am. It's all about the shade at Gorge. If you have shade it's glorious. Nice and dry. No 800000% humidity nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    No camping this year at Dick's regardless.
    Wow. That sucks. Any reason that you know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I am thinking the same but for some reason I still put in for all three, figure we'll make a beach vaca out of it if I actually get tiks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I am thinking the same but for some reason I still put in for all three, figure we'll make a beach vaca out of it if I actually get tiks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5799.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,012.8 KB 
ID:	312208

I kind of put AC out of my mind after this pic of where the concert is.

Should be an interesting few days for sure, if you go

I googled the venue too, and the first thing it reminded me of was a concert in central park. Holy shit.

This is the closest thing we're getting here in Tahoe...
    Name:  Pink-Talking-Fish-2018-1-1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  98.6 KB

http://devildogshows.com/fri-jan-31s...-sale-nov-8th/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

Name:	IMG_5799.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,012.8 KB 
ID:	312208

I kind of put AC out of my mind after this pic of where the concert is.

Should be an interesting few days for sure, if you go
    Saw the same pic (Pink show I think?), looks a bit tight but for some reason still sent the request anyway. We'll see if the mrs actually still wants to go if we manage to get tiks...good news, it'll be no issue finding someone to buy them if we bail.

Will definitely hit the Gorge. Would love to visit Nashville.

so who is going to see phish?

I highly recommend Gold camping at the Gorge. 100 yard walk to the entrance. Same on the way out. You’re drinking a cold beer in your camp while the rest of GP is still walking. Take a bike and ride over to shakedown.

We are hitting Oregon Country Fair and will do Eugene. Adding the Gorge could be aggressive. But awesome.

Name:	Image1579929836.902436.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	312226
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I've done gold the last few times, as mentioned it's highly worth it. Yes, strategically putting your pop-up shade in relation to where your tent is and where the sun comes up is key. I'm a little hesitant to mention but I will...if you buy a VIP parking pass, you are allowed to line up at a side entrance and get in a few minutes earlier than everyone else. It's completely worth it if you're always gunning for the terraces like we are.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    This is the closest thing we're getting here in Tahoe...
    Name:  Pink-Talking-Fish-2018-1-1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  98.6 KB

http://devildogshows.com/fri-jan-31s...-sale-nov-8th/
    those guys are great

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    I highly recommend Gold camping at the Gorge. 100 yard walk to the entrance.
    Are there more RVs/campers in gold? Haven't stayed there because I was worried about tent camping next to 100 generators.

so who is going to see phish?

Anyone ever done the oasis camping option? Yeah, it’s basically “glamping”, but you get beds, bedding, power, air conditioned bathroom and shower...

It would be a lot less crap for me to fly with for sure

I've never had a problem with generators as there are quite a few tent campers in gold. Maybe I've gotten lucky but it also seems that people are respectful and charge them in the daytime.

I have a pair of Gordon tix for sale tonite, SLC at the Commonwealth room. Hit me up if you wanna go

Below are some pics I took at the gorge in 2018. Sad to not be making it back this year. My main rec for standard camping is to get an EZ up and put your tent under it so it stays relatively cool even when the sun rises!

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	313085

Name:	IMG_1018.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	313086

Name:	IMG_0971.JPG