Page 162 of 204 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 5094
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    we would've had beerz for sure this time
    Yup. The reminder popped up on my computer this morning. I had totally forgotten about it and with today's weather...so bummed. Perfect outdoor venue and evening. Next time.

This came across my feed and I thought it was worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    This came across my feed and I thought it was worth sharing.

I'll raise you this acoustic set. Believe it was the Bridge School benefit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNds...ature=youtu.be
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7334.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	330242

Tonight. Disclaimer - I have never used fans dot com before. But it looks like a good watch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7382.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	469.3 KB 
ID:	330554

95 deer creek tonight. First set was great

https://webcast.livephish.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Those were off the hook.

Tonights show was one of the best of 3.0. TWIST second set.

tune in. livephish.com or youtube.

8-7-10 Greek Theater, Berkeley for this evening

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    8-7-10 Greek Theater, Berkeley for this evening
    Man these were some good shows. Keep trying to catch my crew in the crowd. Bet I was looking pretty ruff!

Good show. Caught a chunk of set 2. Was out of the game then so it’s a treat to see those guys at that time. Hope they keep these flowing.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

That pick worked for me. I always got change for the mags in the house.

Tomorrow nights dinner and a movie sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.

NORTHAMPTON, MA
    MAY 1, 1989
    On May 1, 1989, Phish played the Universal Joint in the basement of Pearl Street — a club in Northampton, MA located downtown at 10 Pearl St. in a space subsequently known as 10 Below. It was an all-ages show with $6 tickets and an extra $2 charge for those under 21. This was a formative time for Phish, who were just about to release their first official studio album, Junta. This Tuesday’s Dinner and A Movie features a 67-minute Set II from that night, and marks the first time it has ever been shown publicly

Okay, now this is something I’m gonna watch. Haven’t bothered so far, but holy shit, Phish in Northampton ‘89, fuck yes!
    crab in my shoe mouth

My first show....seems like yesterday (not). I’m excited to watch and if I recall, second set was a treat
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

In 1993 I hid under the pool table after hours with Dave Matthews smoking a joint while the lights were off and cops were shining their mag lights through the windows. I also taped that show and caught many many more shows in that venue. I didnt start seeing phish until 91.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^^^haha that's wild.

From the Chairman of the Boards:

A Note from Page:

As I recall, the video for this show came into being rather spontaneously, without too much forethought or planning. As we were setting up our gear, in a basement club in Northampton, MA, we were approached by a well-dressed, diminutive gentleman. As best I can remember, his name was René. And he was there to pitch his video idea to us. For a nominal fee he would shoot the band’s set with one camera, artistically. He spoke with a French accent, almost spitting at us in a kind of broken English, with an urgency that was quite compelling. As his pace and volume increased, he kept saying it would be “avant-garde.” And the more times he said “avant-garde” with that thick accent, the more I believed him.

Needless to say, he got the gig. And we got the video.

The audio was recorded by our friend and former manager, John Paluska. The audio and visual sat in our vault since 1989, but had never been properly synched up (the videotape lacked audio). Jared Slomoff did a great job matching them up, so you all could enjoy it this week. According to Kevin Shapiro, we have used all the existing audio, but there are still a few audio pauses and hiccups along the way. Our apologies.

Rene’s use of the fisheye lens, the “negative image” effect, the odd angles and abrupt movements…I’m not sure it all adds up to “avant-garde.” And, at times I wish he would settle down. But, he went for it, and there is no denying that Rene’s camera work brought a certain excitement to the overall shoot.

After watching some of the video, I looked to see what sort of shows we were playing back then. It was a really fun time for us. We were starting to get gigs every month around the Northeast at clubs and colleges, and still playing regular gigs in Burlington at The Front and Nectar’s.

This video captures some of that youthful energy that is nurtured and developed in small clubs like this one all across the country. Some of the places we played are still around, but many clubs are just barely hanging on now, which is why this week we are proud to be supporting the National Independent Venue Association. #saveourstages

Enjoy,
    Page
    What a nutty story!!
    sproing!

so who is going to see phish?

I had seen them more than a dozen times by May 1989 and caught the least attended show (I suspect ever) only a week and a half later at Pauly’s Hotel in Albany.

I still love watching old vids from the late 80s and very early 90s. There aren’t a lot so a “pro” version properly synced with sound should be a treat. I will be tuning in for sure.

I'm down with some 0.5. Maybe I'll throw on some old college shit just for fun.

so who is going to see phish?

So Betamax Pierre was clearly no pro and by “avante-guard” he clearly meant, learning to use his camcorder.

Name:  IMG_5768.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  25.4 KB

That being said, he really captured that time frame at a Phish show in a small club. It was often very dark, with flashes of bright white and green edges, vision was often blurred or at least viewed through a strange lens, I personally never knew what to focus on, and it was frenetic, disassociated, and chaotic. I mean, they guy pretty much nailed it.

21 years ago today. Best chalkdust ever. Maybe the best jam I have ever seen. Trey referenced this for years apparently as the "best ever Phish jam"

rumor is the Phish have been in the barn after the Gordon Stone memorial and are going to play a secret set at 5:30 MST pre DaaM tonight.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    rumor is the Phish have been in the barn after the Gordon Stone memorial and are going to play a secret set at 5:30 MST pre DaaM tonight.
    these are lies. i guess i'll make a paloma and listen to JRAD instead.

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChPI5pAet8
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    That would be amazing. I hope they announce or play something together tonight.

7-14-19. Great show