Page 149 of 204 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5094
    That's funny. I thought is was the best of the last 3 years at least. I like hearing the older stuff. I get pretty tanked though so I'm a easy phan.

It wasn’t necessary about what they played. Second night looked decent on paper. Trey just lazily mailed it in until second set last night. Dick

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It wasn’t necessary about what they played. Second night looked decent on paper. Trey just lazily mailed it in until second set last night. Dick

I've always thought Dicks was that way. Give out from playing all Summer. Brian and Robert delivered and I love that song.

Brian and Robert? You serious? We’re into different shit I guess.

^Haha listening to last night now. Some great stuff from mike in that tweezer to sprach. And Page just killed it all night

Brian and Robert? You serious? We’re into different shit I guess.

I dont think I've ever heard it live. Maybe. That was my 30th show last night. I'm currently into the stuff they dont play all the time. Wolfmans was fire too.

There’s a reason they don’t play that anymore I was sick of that song when it first came out. I thought they played great from bathtub in, just don’t know why it took them 2.5 nights to start giving a fuck.

Trey jacked up Train Song pretty bad. I like that song too.

Nice of trey to show up at least one set out of 6 at dicks

I must have missed that set...

Solidly mediocre

Yeah, the boys were off all weekend for sure. We stopped listening Saturday night. Just wasn’t feeling it.
    Just finished last nights show. It had its good moments for sure, but Trey fucking up the words to waste? Crazy. Piper sounded botched from the beginning and it sounded like they just restarted it.
    Too long of a break in between shows to drop in and be tight?

Well, that's what happens at altitude. You should see these boys play at sea level!

so who is going to see phish?

I watched Dick’s N3 at a friends house on an outdoor projector screen and a good sound system. Super fun. Show was fine IMO. BG on was pretty darn fine. Boys appeared to be having fun.
    From my couch tour perspective...t’wasnt an awesome show but Hell...everyone there looked to be loving life, (at least on the screen). That’s all that matters. Phish = fun for those of us who dig em.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-03-2019 at 08:52 AM.

^That's what Im going to do for Mexico. Set the projector up next to the pool and grill seafood.

I thought Dicks was as good as it ever is/was. I tend to be more critical of the shows Im not at.

My highlight of the year is always MSG.

Still.... A bad night at Dicks is better than a good night at Dead and Co....

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I thought the shows were great... Had so much fun.

Highlights for me-
    first 40 minutes of Set 2 on N1- Everything's right/Mercury.
    That Hood was great, then the energy of Santos to send everyone home feeling so stoked!

N2 was my favorite out of the run as a whole. Ghost/Tube/Disease. Some completely incredible segues throughout

N3 Wolfmans was fire, My Friend/20 years were super evil. Bathtub was stellar. Then 2nd set. Fuego/Piper!!/Tweezer/Fuego tease/2001 short but great dance party.

Waiting for them to announce the NYE run.
    is this thing on?

Always a hoot.

Looking forward to 12/29.

I've also got Trey tickets for the Ryman. That should be pretty good.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

What a run at Dicks. Yeah it wasn’t technically perfect, but the band was having such a blast. Sunday was over 100 degrees in the lots and the band really played into it with Bathtub and that Fuego reprise...huge dance party Sunday. I’m going back and forth between sat or sun being better. Plenty of peak moments to go around. Just astounding to that this band that I have been watching for over 20 years keeps getting better. Agree with doughnuts that Ghost>Tube>Disease was hot, the Slave was even better. Wolfmans was off the hook. The whole second set of night 3 was straight fire. Like it or not, you gotta respect the stones on these dudes debuting a new song for the 2nd set opener on night 3 in front of 30K people. Can’t wait till next time.

Did any of you see TAB in Vail and Dicks this year? Curious about comparison in your eyes.

From shows I saw of both this year i would definitely see TAB before phish if forced to choose.

so who is going to see phish?

I saw TAB at Mission and Phish at Dicks and it would be a tough call. IMO Most of TABs songs suck but they play them pretty well, I.e. the beginnings of the songs are super cheesy lesbian music but the jams are sometimes really good. I like most phish tunes better but they played most of them like shit at Dicks aside from set2 n3. Definitely seems like Trey cared more about TAB @ mission than he did about Phish @ Dicks.

-edit to add that I was always more of an old school phish guy. A lot of it is just personal preference.

disagree completely.... different shows for sure. I brought a friend of mine that isn't into Phish, listens to the Dead a bit, likes music, to the Vail shows and he was stoked.

The horns really bring a different aspect to the TAB shows. They are a party band. They don't really go type 2 too often, They are a fun, funky funk band. Phish is obviously all of the above, they also can get psychedelic and very spacy. Go to both shows and form your own opinion.
    is this thing on?

For my $ it would be TAB. Love Phish but TAB seems to be killing it. Plus...smaller venues!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

TAB = dad rock.
    It’s fun and all, but for my money it’s Phish hands down.

That said, Trey power trio in ‘99 was the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayItLeo's got it right, '99 TAB was something else entirely. Jibboo from 5/6/99 will never get boring for me. Can't go wrong with 2002 TAB where Trey channels his inner Fela Kuti, though, either.

Nowadays, well, I've got a thing for Natalie singing 1977 but that's about it for modern TAB.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    New Vida Blue album sounds awesome so far (about 4 tracks in). Hope I get to see these guys again someday. It's been 17 years!