Not to name drop or anything but

I SURFED WITH CURREN YESTERDAY!

Just saying.

that's pretty sick. where?
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Fuck that. I've surfed with Brocktoon.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I've surfed with gonz. kinda. actually, I've driven around alot looking for surf with gonz.
    he fixes the cable?

yeah that was sick.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

totally! pretty much everytime we try to surf we take a look at 80 different breaks and decide that breakfast sounds like a better call.
    he fixes the cable?

Meh, back in the day, like '87 when he was killin' it, I'd run into him pretty frequently. A huge influence on my surfing back then.

But,
    that's pretty sick. where?
    , yeah where?

My local break, Sewer Peak in Santa Cruz. It was quite surprising to paddle out on a mediocre but fun day and surf next to Curren and his son. This is probably the least needed thing to say but damn, the guy's got style.

Alka, that's pretty cool.

One thing about skiing and surfing that is different from a lot of other sports is that you find yourself along side many of the marquis names in the sport. It's really humbling to see some of the top pros make things look so easy.

One thing I'll always remember is surfing the same peak as Slater last year at Rincon. The focus in his eyes when he's on a wave is total. I've shared line ups with CJ Hobgood, Dane Reynolds, and Rob Machado and didn't see that look Kelly has. I suppose the root of that look has a lot to do with why he's a 9-time champ now.

My biggest name drop is paddling out at Pitas with nobody else but the guy I was with and all the Malloy brothers.

Dane Reynolds and Adam Virs surfed my home break, but Virs is a rat milf. Not a fan of that dude. Dane is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Fuck that. I've surfed with Brocktoon.
    Yeah; Curren ain't shit.
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

When I was in college(UCSB) I had some buddies who went up to refugio on a 1-2 foot day to longboard with no one out. Curren eventually paddled out on a longboard. They said the most amazing thing was the amount of time he spent on waves as opposed to paddling out and sitting. They would be sitting there, just waiting for something, and Curren would always seem to be on a wave. He was not a snake or a wave hog, he just seemed so in tune with the lineup that he was always on something.

I've surfed lowers with Slater, near contest time. I have to agree with Tarkman, the focus is incredible. That and the incredible speed he generates. He really did seem on a different level than everyone else.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I surfed with Jesse. enough said.
    "FKNA man, that is some master looking carpentry skillz yo." - FreakofSnow