Page 131 of 141 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3510
    Little late to the party but holee shit that's stupid.

Opens anyone? Pretty stoked on scaled this year for us little fellers.

Feel free to call me quadzilla, I just ripped my work pants again. Im going to start wearing warm ups to work the way I rip business casual.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Anybody do 15.1 yet? Just signed up myself. The Froning versus Fraser is pretty entertaining!

Complete as many rounds and reps as
    possible in 9 minutes of:
    15 toes-to-bars
    10 deadlifts (115 / 75 lb.)
    5 snatches (115 / 75 lb.)
    RX’D
    (Scaled men & women 18-54)
    15 hanging knee raises
    10 deadlifts (85 / 55 lb.)
    5 snatches* (85 / 55 lb.)
    SCALED
    (Scaled Masters 55+)
    15 sit-ups
    10 deadlifts (65 / 45 lb.)
    5 snatches* (65 / 45 lb.)
    SCALED MASTERS
    (Scaled Teens 14-17)
    15 hanging knee raises
    10 deadlifts (65 / 45 lb.)
    5 snatches* (65 / 45 lb.)
    SCALED TEENS
    (Masters 55+)
    15 toes-to-bars
    5 snatches (85 / 55 lb.)
    MASTERS
    (Teens 14-17)
    15 toes-to-bars
    5 snatches (85 / 55 lb.)
    TEENS
    (All divisions)
    1-rep-max clean and jerk
    6-minute time cap
    WORKOUT 15.1A
    WORKOUT 15.1
    * ground-to-overhead allowed
    * ground-to-overhead allowed

After almost two months off I got back in the gym, with my ankle aircast still on. Felt really good to get back until I did some airdyne sprints at the end, and almost lost my lunch. Overall, really pumped to get back into lifting shape. I haven't been this motivated in a while. Time to ride this wave.

The African connection is strong at my gym.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Anybody do 15.1 yet? Just signed up myself.
    I am not registered for the Open because fuck HQ, but I did the workout last week. Got two snatches short of 4 rounds and 190 for 1a. Cleaned 200 which was a pr but missed the jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

airdyne sprints

Never heard of those. How do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by rather ripped View Post
    Never heard of those. How do they work?
    Airdyne bike sprints. Get on this thing and go as hard as you can. Resistance exponentially increases with RPM increases. See how long you can hold 1500 watts for.

[IMG] http://www.ironcompany.com/ProductIm...airbike_lg.jpg [/IMG]

15.1 was a pretty good combo for me. Sitting at #42 in the world today in the 55-59 division. PR'd my C&J at 205 in the workout. Looking forward to 15.2 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    15.1 was a pretty good combo for me. Sitting at #42 in the world today in the 55-59 division. PR'd my C&J at 205 in the workout. Looking forward to 15.2 tonight.
    Sounds like your shoulder is doing well, glad to hear it jibij.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sounds like your shoulder is doing well, glad to hear it jibij.
    Thanks. The shoulder is like new! Pretty stoked about it.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Following last year's Kevin Ogar incident, the OC Throwdown organizers apparently decided to double-down on stupid and create an event seemingly designed to end up breaking someone's back:

And they succeeded: http://instagram.com/p/x5eEeehJ6h
    now this is the crosstwit we all know and love!! perfectly safe! even for beginners. honest to god that was like all the incredibly stupid things I've seen in 30 years at the gym all rolled into a 3 minute video!

thanks, cross twitters!

p.s. I hear there was a correlation found between short guys and crosstwitters -- any anecdotes?

spook - that video is exactly what I do every day in the gym. Sometimes I warmup with even stupider shit because we all know if somebody did some stupid shit somewhere then that's what we all do, all the time. Someday they'll shut down all the mountains to keep those stupid skiers and boarders from doing stupid skier and boarder shit. Because, yeah... they're all stupid. I honestly don't know why I just wasted that 15 seconds of my life to type this.

spook Guest
    I know why

spook Guest
    the best part about the jumping tumbling crosstwits video is -- that was a sanctioned event? so there were a bunch of exercise physiologists and "certified trainers" standing around watching it and nobody stepped in and said uh...

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    the best part about the jumping tumbling crosstwits video is -- that was a sanctioned event? so there were a bunch of exercise physiologists and "certified trainers" standing around watching it and nobody stepped in and said uh...
    No it wasn't and no there weren't. It is pretty much universally accepted that it was a dumb event. The organizer of the event was on a podcast I listen to and they told him during the podcast that it was dumb and people were going to break their asses. Organizer didn't take advice and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    I know why
    Please. Enlighten me.

bottom line is crossfitters are not as strong as traditional Arnold style weightlifters
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    bottom line is crossfitters are not as strong as traditional Arnold style weightlifters
    That's the whole point. It's about GPP, not specialization. "Outrun a lifter. Outlift a runner."

That's the whole point. It's about GPP, not specialization. "Outrun a lifter. Outlift a runner."

what!!! mindblowing

so you are not trying to be the best? whats even the point

thats real shit training mentality

additionally, if GPP is general physical preparedness and you dont do full on dead hang pull ups - what is the point? what if you gotta pull yourself up from a 15 story building ledge??? cant swing that by swinging yer body
    Zone Controller

if GPP is general physical preparedness and you dont do full on dead hang pull ups - what is the point? what if you gotta pull yourself up from a 15 story building ledge??? cant swing that by swinging yer body
    I'll manage.

For a while now I've been meaning to post about the new workout paradigm I've been experimenting with lately. Back in November we moved offices. The new place includes a big garage/small warehouse. It has a number of large shelving units that you can do pullups from, and backs up to a park with a huge multipurpose grass field. About a month after we moved in a squat stand, oly bar and 300 pounds of iron plates showed up. Turns out my bosses son moved into a new condo, didn't have room for them and will be keeping them here for the foreseeable future, probably a couple years at least. Finally, one of the other suites here is a Krav Maga gym. They keep a 20.5R25 loader tire in the field.

With all this at my disposal I've been incorporating 5-minute micro workouts into my day. It's been fucking awesome. Every hour I hop down to the garage and knock out one set of a barbell lift, do some pullups or some other bodyweight exercise, or some flavor of plyos, or run 400m, or do shuttle sprints, or jog out to the tire and do some tire flips. I can easily wreck myself over the course of a day. Then at the end of the day I have nothing but free time at my disposal. My employer actually thinks it's great, and all my lifts are at or above my old PRs. I've barely touched all my home gym shit in the last few months.

I'll manage.

Yeah buddy.

I'll manage.

impressive core stabilty and stablilzer muscle functions

but

those are chin ups... you are using your arms

so thats 0 dead hang pullups and doesnt simulate pulling yourself up over a ledge
    Zone Controller

thats 0 dead hang pullups and doesnt simulate pulling yourself up over a ledge
    Dude. I can do dead hang pullups. I train both.