Page 132 of 141 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3510
    Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    Dude. I can do dead hang pullups. I train both.
    good, very few actually do

youll likely make it if you are caught hanging from a 15 story ledge!
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    what!!! mindblowing

so you are not trying to be the best? whats even the point

thats real shit training mentality

additionally, if GPP is general physical preparedness and you dont do full on dead hang pull ups - what is the point? what if you gotta pull yourself up from a 15 story building ledge??? cant swing that by swinging yer body
    why are you so hung up on kipping pull ups? It's just one of many movements that are programmed. My gym programs dead hang pull ups her and there as well. So what? And if someone can do a strict muscle up like in that video I'm more than confident they could pull themselves up from a ledge. Jesus.

really? if your hanging from a ledge you cant have your palms facing you or eachother.. PALMS OUT

but mainly this... and check it .. its park city

the best part is after doing this little stunt he is probably sidelined for a month

the dude narrating video killed me
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    It's just one of many movements that are programmed.
    this is very troubling

psyop much
    Zone Controller

That's actually not correct as I've never seen a kipping pull up specifically programmed but if it's not specified as a strict pull up or a dead hang pull up then you can kip them or do butterfly pull ups like in the video you posted. Kipping pull ups are more like the last few that he did there.

Anyway, so what? What's your point? That someone who does them in a workout wouldn't be able to pull themselves up from a ledge? lol

did you see his hands?

he did zero pullups

all this programmed talk is very disturbing. its fine to work a program.. but to be programmed as you say or respond to programming from people that you pay hundreds per month to --- thats fucked up

did you not catch that im not an xfitter - i dont respond to set programming or follow what is programmed for the masses--- thats called a scam
    Zone Controller

lol. I know, man. But you're way more awesomer than most.

I did see his hands... totally rad, it's like a badge of honour... total badass.

Uh you don't get it. You're brainwashed.

He sidelined himself for weeks. For nothing. Pathetic.
    Zone Controller

spook Guest
    impressive core stabilty and stablilzer muscle functions

but

those are chin ups... you are using your arms

so thats 0 dead hang pullups and doesnt simulate pulling yourself up over a ledge

he's crosstwit batman, dude. of course he can do it.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    No it wasn't and no there weren't. It is pretty much universally accepted that it was a dumb event. The organizer of the event was on a podcast I listen to and they told him during the podcast that it was dumb and people were going to break their asses. Organizer didn't take advice and here we are.

so the organizer wasn't a crosstwitter and the jumper/tumbling twits were not crosstwitters and it didn't take place at a crosstwit victory until all others are disemboweled and decapitated club

15.2 looks to start 'easy' but get pretty tough pretty fast. Not that i can do a single 95# OHS with good technique...best luck jibij!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

post 3285! Impressive butterfly pull-ups. Guys an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    With all this at my disposal I've been incorporating 5-minute micro workouts into my day.
    Interesting. How many of these micro workouts are you averaging per day?

bottom line is crossfitters are not as strong as traditional Arnold style weightlifters
    Arnold style weight lifters aren't as strong as olympic or power lifters. What is your point?

Crossfit Workout Thread

My stance is clear

You fell for a simple troll
    Zone Controller

Interesting. How many of these micro workouts are you averaging per day?
    6 to 8 typically.

I sucked it up bad in 15.1 with 147 reps and 165 lbs C and J. in the scaled division; Hi-rep deadlifts are my nemesis.

On the other hand, 15.2 scaled was my jam, I guess. Did all the OHS unbroken and didn't break up my pullups until near the end and ended up with 256 which currently has me in 5th place on Friday night. Hopefully, my score will hold up alright. I'm a little bummed that I would have made it to the next round if I didn't get no-repped by our owner/coach a handful of times. Of course, I did deserve it though. Haha!

I felt kind of like a puss doing scaled until I saw 15.2 rx shutdown a lot of the studs in our gym tonight. Curious to know how I would have done in the rx.

spook Guest
    just out of curiosity, in that officially sanctioned ass-smash are we to believe that those crosstwitters actually train to fall over hurdles? or is the training really not addressing the competitive goals?

174 for 15.2 scaled. A year ago I couldn't OHS PVC without falling over. PR is up to 165 weighing 140ish. Same with out gym stale, none of the RX finished round two, nor would I have. Got a lot more out of it scaled for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    just out of curiosity, in that officially sanctioned ass-smash are we to believe that those crosstwitters actually train to fall over hurdles? or is the training really not addressing the competitive goals?
    I am not trying to argue with you because we probably agree on alot. I think alot of what Crossfit HQ does is stupid and I think crossfitters do plenty of dumb things independently. But that wasn't a "Sanctioned event". Crossfit, the company, didn't put on that comp. People trying to hitch their wagon to the trend (some of whom might own affiliates) put on events. Kind of like how every pond skimming competition isn't sanctioned by FIS. Some events are better than others. That is increasingly becoming a bad one. They are still in the middle of a lawsuit from a person getting paralyzed last year and they pull that shit. Not smart. It like they want to lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    174 for 15.2 scaled. A year ago I couldn't OHS PVC without falling over. PR is up to 165 weighing 140ish. Same with out gym stale, none of the RX finished round two, nor would I have. Got a lot more out of it scaled for sure.
    Nice work there Snapt!

I got 781 on 15.3 scaled and walking today sucks. Haha! It's better than getting a goose egg on 15.3 Rx though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Nice work there Snapt!

I got 781 on 15.3 scaled and walking today sucks. Haha! It's better than getting a goose egg on 15.3 Rx though I guess.
    165 RX for 15.3, Muscle Ups were the easiest part of it, so glad I didn't do scaled and a bazillion wall balls or I'd be feeling the same way! Need to work on DU''s when I'm tired...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    165 RX for 15.3, Muscle Ups were the easiest part of it, so glad I didn't do scaled and a bazillion wall balls or I'd be feeling the same way! Need to work on DU''s when I'm tired...
    Excellent work on the muscle ups! That is the last major movement I need to figure out.

312Rx on 15.3. Currently sitting in 17th place worldwide in the Masters 55-59 group. That'll likely drop a little bit as the sand baggers post their scores at the last minute. Pretty stoked though.

312Rx on 15.3. Currently sitting in 17th place worldwide in the Masters 55-59 group. That'll likely drop a little bit as the sand baggers post their scores at the last minute. Pretty stoked though.
    Yea, but you kipped those muscle ups. DD does not approve. Your score is zero.