Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3510
    pounding beers at the gym for gainz?

:/

shhhhya, right
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The answer to any approaching competition is to taper. Do your normal workout but cut 25% off volume . Eat light balanced meals leading up to it. On comp day eat small meals you like with lots of carbs. Protein and fat is useless or counter productive, foods can have a couple grams of each, tops.

forgot to mention. the dude next to me- hes kind of a beast...finished kalsu in 11:46. Rx weight, did all the reps legit etc.
    Decisions Decisions

You did more burpees. You will always have that.

Very true! I must be more fit. And efficient, 25 mins vs 12...better bang for my buck
    Decisions Decisions

Well, that happened. I had fun, a bit disappointed in some regards but otherwise happy.

The 3 workouts (men's scaled):

#1: With a 10 min time cap:
    24 cal row
    17' Front rack dumbbell lunge steps (#35)
    12 burpee box step overs (24")
    24 burpee dumbbell deadlifts (#35)
    12 burpee box step overs (24")
    24 cal row

#2: In 6 minutes
    1 max ground to overhead lift (I went power clean + split jerk)
    Then:
    1 min Double unders to be used as a tiebreaker if necessary

#3:
    1 min situps
    1 min thrusters (#65)
    1 min strict knee pushups
    1 min thrusters (#65)
    REST 2 minutes
    2 min strict pushups
    1 min thrusters (#75)

#1 So I am slow at burpees and weighted lunges can screw up my knees if I'm not careful. I knew this wasn't going to go well for me once I saw it, but I'm solid on the rower. I was the second one off the rower in my heat and dead last after the first round of box step overs. Got time capped on the final set of lunges and that got in my head. Only a couple of folks got capped. Wasn't feeling great after that.

#2 was right up my alley, as it had been a long time since I did a heavy single jerk (old PR 165) and I felt due for a big lift. I blasted right through 175, power cleaned 185 nicely (which tied another old PR), but only got it halfway overhead. Bailed on the 185 split jerk twice because of the rushed time. I know I can do that given enough time to build up to it and get it right. Did some token double unders because I'm an uncoordinated guy who can't dance either. Frustrated because 185 is a bit of a milestone weight, and I thought I should have had it. Still, a PR is a PR, and I nailed 175 solidly.

#3 wasn't bad, until the lactic acid rush in the shoulders and chest hits during the rest and it hit everyone. I did fewer strict pushups with 2 minutes than the scaled in 1, and those added 10 lbs on the thrusters may as well have been 45 lb plates. Huge mental fight to get through there. Still I felt like I gave that one hell. Everyone was grateful for the kegs that showed up right after the first heat ended. This was surprisingly brutal for everyone.

Happy I did it, I guess I just feel disappointed that I felt I could have/should have put out a better performance on #1 and #2.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Nice job dude. You pr'd your clean and jerk didn't you? Pretty fucking sweet don't worry about 185. Work toward that in the next few weeks and you'll be psyched.

I have love/hate with lunges- I have bursitis in both knees and it hurts like a bitch. But I'm relatively decent at em.
    Decisions Decisions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 10.59.26 AM.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	438.3 KB 
ID:	217825
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I did my first Crossfit workout last month. Well actually I did 3. The workout was ok, definitely hard, wasn't impressed with my perception of their effectiveness. What I was shocked about was the shear number of people who were totally deconditioned and unfamiliar with the exercises who were completing it with terrible form. Watched two house wives miss a box jump and skin their shins on plywood boxes. Two people were asking questions about their shoulder hurting. Seemed like accidents waiting to happen / happening all over.

Also, what the fuck are these things they call KB swings where they ask you to go completely overhead? Thats some stupid shit. Swing to chin height. I think GG got drunk and came up with that move and has just stubbornly clung to it.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I did my first Crossfit workout last month. Well actually I did 3. The workout was ok, definitely hard, wasn't impressed with my perception of their effectiveness. What I was shocked about was the shear number of people who were totally deconditioned and unfamiliar with the exercises who were completing it with terrible form. Watched two house wives miss a box jump and skin their shins on plywood boxes. Two people were asking questions about their shoulder hurting. Seemed like accidents waiting to happen / happening all over.
    Barriers to entry for box ownership are low, so a lot of owners and coaches are idiots. Probably a large majority. There is no QC at the corporate level besides requiring Level 1 certs which are largely a joke. 100% buyer-beware when stepping into a CF gym.

CFFB was legit, but they dropped the CF affiliation and switched to a fee model (http://powerathletehq.com/).
    Last edited by Dantheman; 12-04-2017 at 04:49 PM.