Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson Island

Clarkson Island

for the top gear/Jeremy Clarkson Fans

heh, never heard of Harry and Paul before, just watched a few more clips, they are teh funnay.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

The BBC gave no further details on the current incident involving Clarkson, and said it would not be making any further statements at this time.

Clarkson's representatives have yet to reply to requests for a comment.

The presenter himself has remained silent, however last month he tweeted a post saying a "new presenter for Top Gear" was wanted.

"Applicant should be old, badly dressed and pedantic but capable of getting to work on time," he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I saw that, but there's pretty much nothing that would make me morally object enough to stop watching that show. Best thing on tv.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I saw that, but there's pretty much nothing that would make me morally object enough to stop watching that show. Best thing on tv.
    Yep.

He is a complete asshole. Although he did once punch Piers Morgan - so he has that going for him.

But very watchable TV though.

dats phunnyes
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'

The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

The BBC gave no further details on the current incident involving Clarkson, and said it would not be making any further statements at this time.

Clarkson's representatives have yet to reply to requests for a comment.

The presenter himself has remained silent, however last month he tweeted a post saying a "new presenter for Top Gear" was wanted.

"Applicant should be old, badly dressed and pedantic but capable of getting to work on time," he said.
    Well this fucking blows. Best show I've ever come across on tv - these 3 hosts are the biggest reason behind that.

The list of complaints lodged against TG reads like a who's who of multi-culturism-PC-busybodies who wouldn't know what fun is if it took a shit on their face.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    multi-culturism-PC-busybodies who wouldn't know what fun is if it took a shit on their face.
    Hey, some people are into that. Stop using it as an insult please

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Hey, some people are into that. Stop using it as an insult please
    Sorry Pio.

http://news.sky.com/story/1253913/to...ed-controversy

This summary of Clarkson's "offenses" reads like a children's book compared to what's deemed perfectly acceptable in the US. First Amendment, ftmfw. Or as they would say in GB, ft**w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Just no wardrobe malfunctions....

Sorry Pio.

I agree it sucks.

Clarkson is Hugh Conway?

Clarkson is hilarious, and what's even more hilarious is how upset people get about the things he says/does.

Hopefully the BBC finally cans him and he gets hooked up with a network that better suits his style.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

…or he just buys the rest of BBC.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Hopefully the BBC finally cans him and he gets hooked up with a network that better suits his style.
    Just off the top of my head I don't know what network that would be.

HBO is waaaay to PC to put up with his shit. Certainly none of the American networks.

Maybe FX?

I think the BBC and Top Gear makes the best possible version of this show - it's like they do it to balance out the rest of their social agenda so they let Clarkson's antics fly.

Just off the top of my head I don't know what network that would be.

HBO is waaaay to PC to put up with his shit. Certainly none of the American networks.

Maybe FX?

I think the BBC and Top Gear makes the best possible version of this show - it's like they do it to balance out the rest of their social agenda so they let Clarkson's antics fly.
    Comedy Central comes to mind. Or I would think the network that hosted Larry David could make room for Jeremy Clarkson.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Maybe Comedy Central but I think the show would be lost on their average viewer. Or anger them.

Larry David? You mean HBO? Good luck getting Clarkson past the Lena Dunhams and Bill Mahers guarding that gate.

That network has sailed.

Maybe Comedy Central but I think the show would be lost on their average viewer. Or anger them.

Larry David? You mean HBO? Good luck getting Clarkson past the Lena Dunhams and Bill Mahers guarding that gate.

That network has sailed.
    You mean Bill Maher the racist islamophobe?
    Hugh Conway sucks

You mean Bill Maher the racist islamophobe?
    That's the kind of racism that's accepted, nay, encouraged, by our Zionist puppet masters these days. I liked Maher more when he seemed to shit all over every religion a bit more even evenhandedly.

Clarkson is irreverent, disrespectful to (many) minority groups, and seems to have cultivated his Top Gear persona to be a caricature of the wealthy in Britain. The fact that he isn't trying to make a political or social point, and instead just likes to spew about foreigners, may give him a chance of getting the show aired on another network.

Also, he's only 54?! He looks terrible, I thought he was closer to 70 by now.
    Last edited by glademaster; 03-11-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Like Sirius/XM?

Maybe a Netflix original series?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    seems to have cultivated his Top Gear persona to be a caricature of the wealthy in Britain. The fact that he isn't trying to make a political or social point, and instead just likes to spew about foreigners
    This ^

It's a pity, he used to be a really good writer and entertaining presenter but the well appears to have run dry some time ago. They were still making Falklands War jokes in the show that aired in the UK this past Sunday.

I predict he probably announces candidacy for UKiP in parliamentary election this May.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Also, he's only 54?! He looks terrible, I thought he was closer to 70 by now.
    Like many Brits, by 40 he already looked like shit. Shit diet + shit genes I guess explains the phenomenon.