Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson Island

Latest episode with modernized Lancie Integrale and Stratos and May's 917 feature was pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Mongolia special season finale was one for the ages... brilliant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yup. Made up for some bad episodes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Definitely.

Notice how they never let their driver, Abby, talk to the hosts for too long. I think all hell might break loose if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Notice how they never let their driver, Abby, talk to the hosts for too long. I think all hell might break loose if they did.
    True, I’d dig seeing a segment where she gets to voice an opinion or bring a fourth car to a three car shoot out. But considering where they came from with the Stig being a faceless driver with no opinion, to the American. I think they are slowly changing with the times, even if they won’t admit it. I think her role in the sea to sea film was progression in that direction. From the few interviews I have seen she seems pretty happy with the job. Her line racing the Porsches on the lake. “I’ve raced some dick in my day, but never on one” made me cringe and hope it was her idea and not something they scripted for her.

- I am here for the stoke

season finale was one for the ages... brilliant stuff.
    My bad. One more episode to go.

Odd... Would have thought Mongolia would be.

Rather than a particularly British centric episode. (which does look like it might be good)

New season of BBC's Top Gear airs in US starting April 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    True, I’d dig seeing a segment where she gets to voice an opinion or bring a fourth car to a three car shoot out. But considering where they came from with the Stig being a faceless driver with no opinion, to the American. I think they are slowly changing with the times, even if they won’t admit it. I think her role in the sea to sea film was progression in that direction. From the few interviews I have seen she seems pretty happy with the job. Her line racing the Porsches on the lake. “I’ve raced some dick in my day, but never on one” made me cringe and hope it was her idea and not something they scripted for her.

- I am here for the stoke
    I'm not too sure they'll give Abby too much voice while she's still a sponsored driver out in the racing world. There's a lot of potential conflict of interest there and losing sponsors wouldn't be worth it to her. IIRC, the trio made a gag of it a while back in the Top Gear days with one of the F-1 drivers trying to put down a fast lap on the track in his sponsor's rival (I fell like it was Schumacher, can't recall if it was ferrari or porche), and he was going just abysmally slow. It was good for a one time gag, but that was it.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I'm not too sure they'll give Abby too much voice while she's still a sponsored driver out in the racing world. There's a lot of potential conflict of interest there and losing sponsors wouldn't be worth it to her. IIRC, the trio made a gag of it a while back in the Top Gear days with one of the F-1 drivers trying to put down a fast lap on the track in his sponsor's rival (I fell like it was Schumacher, can't recall if it was ferrari or porche), and he was going just abysmally slow. It was good for a one time gag, but that was it.
    Mark Webber

I thought they did this back during the top gear days as well, but that's the shtick
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I thought they did this back during the top gear days as well, but that's the shtick
    They had Schumacher drive a Ferrari while disguised as the stig.

My bad. One more episode to go.

Odd... Would have thought Mongolia would be.

Rather than a particularly British centric episode. (which does look like it might be good)

New season of BBC's Top Gear airs in US starting April 25th.
    One of the things I think that went downhill earlier in the season was their focus on the good 'ol USA.
    Nothing wrong (well more to the point who wants to make a list of what is wrong) with USA - but one thing I liked about the old BBC version is that it felt well - foreign, British. The great bulk of what we get is just so American - it stood out. The Mongolia episode was a nice reprieve. - no jeep, no monster truck, no pretending to like the mustang

I always thought they had a solid take on the Mustang, given they are brits and don’t really see the connection between Mustangs and white trash that most Americans do.
    Live Free or Die

Last episode is a bit of tear jerker

your father had a cortina!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Last episode is a bit of tear jerker
    Short of James May dying in an accident, I don't think there is a single thing those three could do that would bring a tear to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    your father had a cortina!
    Nope.

didn't have an Allegro estate either.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Short of James May dying in an accident, I don't think there is a single thing those three could do that would bring a tear to my eye.
    Watch to the very end and see.

Just getting caught back up. The Mongolia special was one of the top 5 in the trio's history for sure.

'No, you drove yesterday! Don't you remember?'

Just getting caught back up. The Mongolia special was one of the top 5 in the trio's history for sure.

'No, you drove yesterday! Don't you remember?'
    Yep, easily a top 5. At times, I think the Grand Tour falls bit short but they really killed it with this special.

Was that the finale? I haven't checked Amazon for new episode yet.

One more last night, also a good one

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I feel compelled to start at season 1 all over again before starting the new iteration which will no doubt be the best. Their specials have always been the highlight, I’m stoked to see the big trips get the focus!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just caught up.

Mongolia was awesome. Amazed that car survived.

The Ford Mondeo episode was fantastic top to bottom. Unapologetically British and the close got things all misty for sure. Made me realize how many years I’ve loved this trio.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I always thought they had a solid take on the Mustang, given they are brits and don’t really see the connection between Mustangs and white trash that most Americans do.
    the skeeziest, trailer-parkiest lifty at our little bump went from "the bus" to driving a convertible Mustang on summer tires this winter. Fucking epic.

The whole thing appeared to shape up as an exercise in shaming anyone who didn't show up to work on time....like "hey, look at this guy, he's here with his convertible mustang. Where were you?" or something along those lines. Juicy tactic I must say.

The new season of Top Gear is appalling.

Looking forward to more Grand Tour long format, no tent, co chat episodes.

Too bad..I thought last session of TG was enjoyable. All three presenters were different and all seemed to get along.