Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 501

Thread: Clarkson Island

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,150
    ^^^ Clarkson will melt the tires off them, Hammond might crash and Captain Slow will live up to his name. Chris Harris would drive circles around all three, really would like to to see what he could do with a big budget.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    ^^^ Clarkson will melt the tires off them, Hammond might crash and Captain Slow will live up to his name. Chris Harris would drive circles around all three, really would like to to see what he could do with a big budget.
    I think you just did, or at least the teaser for it above.

    Chris Harris sure can drive, but I would like to think he should be able to given its his job. I just don't find him that likable. That is what made Top Gear so great, it was more like your buddies spouting off irrational bias and opinion, whereas Harris seems to never be able to fully break away from just being a review drone.
    Live Free or Die

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    what made Top Gear so great, it was more like your buddies spouting off irrational bias and opinion, whereas Harris seems to never be able to fully break away from just being a review drone.
    More teaser of Harris and his buddies (who can also each drive the wheels off of Topgear presenters.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    7,181
    Nobody ever watched Clarkson, Hammond, and May for their driving abilities. I'd even argue that their lack of driving ability was part of the entertainment value of the show.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Nobody ever watched Clarkson, Hammond, and May for their driving abilities. I'd even argue that their lack of driving ability was part of the entertainment value of the show.
    Agreed.

    Although significant amounts of their footage was filmed with real drivers driving, not them and then edited to make it look like it was them. So somewhat of a bait and switch was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,150
    ^^^
    Finally, there goes my possibility of being productive this morning!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Thanks Brit, that was time well spent.

    Confirms what I always knew.

    I'd have the Porsche
    I still call it The Jake.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    in a frozen jungle
    Posts
    2,265
    Jennifer Clarkson?
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thanks Brit, that was time well spent.

    Confirms what I always knew.

    I'd have the Porsche
    Very very long time coming. Glad this happened on a suitable track with sensible tyres and people that can drive.

    The Porsche sounded like a bit of an animal, Chris admitted to being legit scared f thrashing it with the systems off in his first video of it. These cars are totally bonkers, I'm not sure wtf I do with it if I actually owned one, Tiff looked a little out of his depth at times. I guess it is cool they exist and great engineering; which one is faster is just an academic willy waving contest so I'm not sure why people online get so silly about it.

    Not having driven any (obviously) head says P1 and heart says Ferrari. In reality even if I was loaded I'd just have a GT3 RS.

    Random aside: I visited the place that does most of the CF work on the P1 last week (work related).
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    in a frozen jungle
    Posts
    2,265
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,502
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Agreed.

    Although significant amounts of their footage was filmed with real drivers driving, not them and then edited to make it look like it was them. So somewhat of a bait and switch was going on.
    Do you think Harris is driving those cars in all the footage on that video?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Do you think Harris is driving those cars in all the footage on that video?
    I think he mentions that Marino F drove some laps prior to all 3 being driven.

    The guy can pedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    49,502
    I wondered because they cut back and forth from interior to exterior shots and in the exterior shots the driver is wearing a helmet, it could be anyone.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wondered because they cut back and forth from interior to exterior shots and in the exterior shots the driver is wearing a helmet, it could be anyone.
    If I recall he was wearing a helmet during hot laps and then not when "just" hooning around?

    I don't think he routinely uses a stunt driver a la top gear though.

    If you haven't watched his other stuff you should. The F40 vs Enzo one is particularly fabulous.

    And he races at a pretty reasonable level in (mostly) historics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,676
    I thought they might tap her to join. Nice crew.
    I still call it The Jake.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Do you think Harris is driving those cars in all the footage on that video?
    Supposedly he has worked as a drift instructor at some point, so he knows what he's doing.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,676
    This link is suspect for one reason and one only: There's no reader comment section. How are we supposed to verify the truth of the article without anonymous comments from humans and bots alike?



    But if we can get past that glaring suspicion one other thing stands out: wasn't the whole point of going to Amazon over other competitors that Jezza and co. would have 100% editorial control? And that would include "non-politically correct behavior", no? If that's the case then it's hard to believe that the spat would have arose out of that. Who knows, it would be a bummer if true. What the hell kind of website is this anyway a British motoring tabloid? .org? Kanye articles? Seems fishy.
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This link is suspect for one reason and one only: There's no reader comment section. How are we supposed to verify the truth of the article without anonymous comments from humans and bots alike?



    But if we can get past that glaring suspicion one other thing stands out: wasn't the whole point of going to Amazon over other competitors that Jezza and co. would have 100% editorial control? And that would include "non-politically correct behavior", no? If that's the case then it's hard to believe that the spat would have arose out of that. Who knows, it would be a bummer if true. What the hell kind of website is this anyway a British motoring tabloid? .org? Kanye articles? Seems fishy.
    Yes it is a spoof.

    I have it on very good authority he has not punched Bezos.

    It will be interesting to see about editorial control... although some of their current TV productions already seem pretty out there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    25,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yes it is a spoof.

    I have it on very good authority he has not punched Bezos.

    It will be interesting to see about editorial control... although some of their current TV productions already seem pretty out there...
    Yeah, it will be for sure. I thought the same thing as I typed my above post - Amazon has some pretty envelope pushing stuff as is and if the recent (NYT I think?) expose on Bezos and the culture at Amazon is anything near true, it seems like he would be the last rage-a-holic to care about being politically correct with the hired help.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    15,969
    Just curious, but does anyone know if or when either of these shows is rolling out for us to watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,426
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just curious, but does anyone know if or when either of these shows is rolling out for us to watch?
    The fall probably. Both shows are filming on location now.

    Harris hasn't posted any video lately... bet that's part of BBC deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    in a frozen jungle
    Posts
    2,265
    BBC has ads claiming May 2016 for new episodes
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •