etiquette question

Dumping in the drink????

Disrespectful to Mother Earth or a legitmate way to clear out the kooks?

how about just fucking gross?
    But I guess if you don't mind swimming in your own shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Anybody else here piss in their wetsuit?
    Uhhhh, who doesn't??

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Anybody else here piss in their wetsuit?
    I love the infamous "Peter Heater". Very needed, and simply awesome, in mid-winter Maine surf.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Hi, I'm new here so I thought a response to this on my maiden voyage here on TGR would be fitting.
    Here goes:
    Pee in the ocean all you want. But please do not poop.
    There, that wasn't so bad, was it?

why would you not piss in your suit?

I don't think that dumping at your spot's going to keep anyone away. there are plenty of turds in the line up in soCal.
    he fixes the cable?

Quote Originally Posted by webb View Post
    why would you not piss in your suit?

I don't think that dumping at your spot's going to keep anyone away. there are plenty of turds in the line up in soCal.
    One of the bro's left a steamer at the peak of the lineup on Friday and it cleared out all the out of towner's. I thought it was one of the greatest moves of all time, as they didn't come back for the better part of an hour. Watching the crowd move 100M to each side was radtastic.

that's... a.... mazing...

I'm going to have to work that into the repertoire. hello empty trestles!
    he fixes the cable?

ping in the water really shows a lack of class as well as disrespect for the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfSkiFish View Post
    ping in the water really shows a lack of class as well as disrespect for the ocean.
    on the JONG instead.

What do you use to wipe? Seaweed?
    Sexual climax lasts mere moments; but Deep Powder is extended Nirvana.

Pretty sure my friends and I would kick you out of the water if you crapped in it.
    If your ill, go in a slay a crapper that then goes through sewage treatment, don't just leave your garbage out for all to get ill from. That is fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Pretty sure my friends and I would kick you out of the water if you crapped in it.
    If your ill, go in a slay a crapper that then goes through sewage treatment, don't just leave your garbage out for all to get ill from. That is fucked up.
    Agreed. I would view that as the same as crapping on the sand and even littering. Sure, that might thin the crowd but I have a way of convincing the crapper that that would be be detrimental to his short term well being.
    BTW- what a disgusting topic.

I bet that same "bro" is one of the guys that gets all up in arms about sewage spills and other health issues messing up "his" waves. He deserves a "Hot Adam" for sure.

I guess I won't have to worry about that since 98% of my surfing is in mandatory wetsuit temps.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

it's called the boneless brownfish.

I wonder where all that sewage water from the towns on the coast goes to.. hmm.. the ocean maybe? Every time we take a crap at home yo uinevitably end up polluting the same oceans and seas we go swimming/diving and surfing in. Good purification systems surely help decrease the effects of this pollution, but the end products of our metabolism have to go somewhere in one form or another. I am not saying that pooping in a wetsuit is a good idea ( damm.. that would be quite gross actually, does anyone do that???), but its quite absurd to say that shitting in the sea is disrespectful for the ocean. Stop eating sea food if you really respect the life in the Ocean..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    it's called the boneless brownfish.

That is really really fuckin' funny!

I've never took a dump in the water, and I wouldn't out of consideration for others - but respect for the ocean? C'mon! Poop is biodegradeable. That's like saying that if you're out riding your mtb and you end up taking a shit in the woods you're disrespecting the forest. Plus - what about all those goddam fish and turtles and seagulls? They shit in the water all the time.

One time we were way out in a chain of lakes, far from a bathroom. My daughter had to poop, and she was just recently potty trained, so having an accident in her pants could have been emotionally devastating. After weighing our alternatives, we told her to hop in the lake and hold on to the swim platform. She did, and we all waited anxiously..... It was pretty funny, because she was looking back over her shoulder at the surface of the water. Finally, the boneless brownfish we had been waiting for surfaced!!! She IMMEDIATELY made her way on to the swim platform and into the boat! We started that thing up and we were out of there....

....good times.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Hey - anybody here ever beat off in the lineup?

I've never heard the expression Peter Heater before. Down our way, a pee in the wetsuit is called 'stoking the boiler.'
    Not around much these days.