Question Tell me about Phantom 108 vs. SAS S7, which is burlier?

I am trying to decide between the Phantom 108 in a 195 and the SAS S7 in the 188.
    This will be replacing a pair of Squad 104's in 194cm.

I love my Squads, and I am looking for a ski that is just as fun, and will rip just as hard. Is the Phantom as stiff as the Squad? How stiff is the S7?
    I have never skied a reverse camber/sidecut ski, so I am a little hesitant to replace my squads with one. Also, the S7 is only 188cm, vs 195 for the Phantoms.
    Any advice or experience with any of these 3 skis is appreciated.
    thanks.

the s7 is more pow/backcountry oriented. the phantom 108 is more big mountain charger, and i believe the phantom series is replacing the b(andit) series of skis.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

not even close in stiffnes to the 194 b squad

njfreeskier is right, the phantom line is the replacement for the bandits. the difference being that they have a wood core, instead of metal (more snap / livelier). The S7 is pretty soft, more of a deep snow tree / jib ski, not as serious of a ski as the phantom. Go phantom, it is essentially a more responsive, and bigger squad. I'm not sure if it is as stiff, but I'm sure it is not considerably less.

I have heard from another source that the Phantom is Stiffer than the Squad because it is wood core. Can anyone confirm this one way or another?

From what I have heard the Phantom is stiffer then the Squads due to a metal box around the wood core and an additional piece of metal on top.

Can anyone else confirm this?

That's the rumor... bigger, stiffer Squad. Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

First of all this type of construction is called a torsion box, and for some people (like myself) is the best way to make a ski. NOthing is Wrapped in metal, it either has one or two sheet. There is no such thing as a metal core ski, it can either be foam or wood.
    Wood tends to be more stable, last longer, and is more durable.
    Foam is lighter, snappier and tends to not hold up as long.
    THe first b squad prototype i ahve (with the really round nose) I split apart and could not believe that it was foam. It had two sheets of metal sandwhiched on top of and below the foam. Lots of fiberglass as well.
    this ski is super stout.
    I head the new phantom is wood.
    There is acutally a super secret phantom that I have been sworn not to talk about, but i should have a pair by mid Jan,

I fondled some S7s today. Very nice looking ski. Quite a lot of camber underfoot, more than I expected. Certainly a lot of different elements in the camber of the ski and the sidecut, it's a complicated shape compared to other skis. The 188s did look a bit short though

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    First of all this type of construction is called a torsion box, and for some people (like myself) is the best way to make a ski. NOthing is Wrapped in metal, it either has one or two sheet. There is no such thing as a metal core ski, it can either be foam or wood.
    Wood tends to be more stable, last longer, and is more durable.
    Foam is lighter, snappier and tends to not hold up as long.
    THe first b squad prototype i ahve (with the really round nose) I split apart and could not believe that it was foam. It had two sheets of metal sandwhiched on top of and below the foam. Lots of fiberglass as well.
    this ski is super stout.
    I head the new phantom is wood.
    There is acutally a super secret phantom that I have been sworn not to talk about, but i should have a pair by mid Jan,
    Nice info, thanks. Is the super secret ski the Phantom with the cable thingy to control reverse or normal tip camber? I saw a pair of those in Whistler last year. Thought they gave up on the idea.

Cable skis are dope. Lots of fun, and surprisingly they work super well.
    Que? I can't understand you, I don't speak stupid.

Anybody skied the phantom 97? How does it compare to the squad 100 of last year?
    Yeehaw!