Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Night splints work quite well. I usually recommend trying that before cortisone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Splints weren’t even mentioned. Pitch went straight to shots and orthotics.
    Honestly did like the guy much. No bedside manner at all. Talked monotone. Acted like he didn’t want to be there. I had lots of questions and he basically cut me off after a few and promptly left the room. I thought he was coming back but the PA came in and said he was done.

I think Plantar Fascitis and Morton's Neuroma can both be fixed mechanically for those willing to take the necessary steps (pun), especially in the early stages. However, a lot of people seem to prefer surgery and injections etc. There's a neuroma thread with a lot of good advice.

Morton's can and should be fixed with wide shoes.

I did.

Pf though, not sure. I tried many things and finally i had a prp injection which fixed it.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Prpricey

True, but it works

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

my orthotic maker guy who was a pretty big time xc skier told me to try wearing my skate boots to bed as a night splint

but they kept me awake
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-03-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Any night splints on Amazon better than others?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think Plantar Fascitis and Morton's Neuroma can both be fixed mechanically for those willing to take the necessary steps (pun), especially in the early stages. However, a lot of people seem to prefer surgery and injections etc. There's a neuroma thread with a lot of good advice.
    Appreciate you turning me to the neuroma thread.
    As I’ve gotten older I find doing mechanical fixes, strengthening, rest and the combo of these works best.

Icing, massage, stretching, wider shoes, toe stretchers, orthotics, PT and maybe the splints are what I'm starting with. Having gone through lots of shots in my lower back for a disc injury, I'm steering clear for the time being and cancelled them. Never really helped my back in the long run.

With both plantar and Morton’s at the same time, this is less than fun. Onward we go.

Plantar Fasciitis

I’ve had decent luck with these with met pad for my Morton’s neuromas.

https://yoursole.com/us/shop/mens/fo...e-thin-met-eva

And yes get the night splint.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^gracias. The met pads do help, have then in my Hokas now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    ^gracias. The met pads do help, have then in my Hokas now.
    All that stuff you listed will help. Add toe socks to the list for hiking. They really help prevent your toes from mashing together if you're doing a long hike. I did about 7 miles off trail today elk hunting and had toe sock liners under my wool socks. For me it makes a world of difference. I think I bought 3 different thicknesses off Amazon, poly liners, medium cotton, and thicker wool blend. I have found that the liners under regular wool socks do the trick.

And mortons doesn't disappear overnight, so stick with all the fixes. Especially toe separators in the evening while watching TV. I still use mine occasionally if I ever feel a twinge of discomfort. I think those really helped initially.

And mortons doesn't disappear overnight, so stick with all the fixes. Especially toe separators in the evening while watching TV. I still use mine occasionally if I ever feel a twinge of discomfort. I think those really helped initially.
    I’ll worry about toe socks down the road. I could barely walk around the house today. Bad flare up of Morton’s and it’s incredibly painful. Like can’t think straight pain. Going to get the toe separators on order.

Especially toe separators in the evening while watching TV. I still use mine occasionally if I ever feel a twinge of discomfort. I think those really helped initially.
    20 minutes with these and 90% of the Morton’s pain is gone. PF still persistent on the left foot. Stretching helps immensely. But this definitely takes time.

7 months of rest and did my first hike today. stoked and fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    20 minutes with these and 90% of the Morton’s pain is gone. PF still persistent on the left foot. Stretching helps immensely. But this definitely takes time.
    That's good news! I still use the toe separators even though my Morton's has been almost completely gone for a long time. It just feels good to use them after a hard day of hiking or skiing. And it is important I think to stay out in front of the problem and be preventative rather than wait for pain to flare up. Used my toe sock liners under my wool socks all through elk hunting season too. They are a bit of a hassle to put on but I really think they help. Good luck, hope you continue to see improvement!

Get the orthotics for the street shoes. You can likely use them in the ski boots as well. As odd as it sounds do a lot of stretching of your hamstrings. Also stretch the your calf muscles as much as you can right now.

I have been struggling with this for the last week in my right foot. I do walk around in shitty flip flops and clogs a lot. Thinking it is more my Achilles tendon as the pain seems to move around from the front of my lower heel/before the arch to on the out side of my heel. Ya, on the side. I order some insoles to see if that helps and I will try the frozen water bottle and some ibuprofen later. Any newest and bestest ideas not covered in this thread yet? CBD creme? What else? Thanks, as I have a fuck ton of walking to do in the next two weeks when we fly to Yurp for a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

night sling
    insoles in all shoes (and no crappy flip flops)
    water bottle trick

18 months later i'm almost fixed :/

Insoles arrived. Spent a lot of time yesterday messaging my foot and stretching it out. Woke up this morning to 50% less discomfort. Frozen water bottle is up next.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Insoles are good ( I'm fanboi of the Sole and also custom molded ) but the real cure is to become a forefoot striker IME

if you bang around the house in bare feet and everyone hears you it sounds like you are a heel striker

get to where nobody can hear you cuz you are on the balls of your feet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Insoles are good ( I'm fanboi of the Sole and also custom molded )
    Big fan of Sole insoles as well. Also had to up my flip flops as those were a big cause for me, too.

Walking around in flip flops or bare feet is a recipe for PF. Get them feet some support

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Walking around in flip flops or bare feet is a recipe for PF. Get them feet some support
    Sole flip flops have been a life saver. Wear them every day during the summer. Have been PF free for 3yrs after 5yrs of suffering.