Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I can't comprehend listening to tunes on the bike or skiing. The sounds of skiing and riding are all I need and in fact what I want.
    Ditto. Maybe I'm like daywalker, in the old and crotchety sense, but I want the sounds of nature ringing in my head. I'm sick of the disconnect people go through when they have their tunes on and won't ride with them unless they leave it in the car.

I'll bet if you tried really hard you could guess
    Same here I like to hear what's going on around me while biking or skiing. Even while your on the climb skiing if you got phones plugged in your head you might miss that critical 'wumph' and we all know what happens when you miss warning signs.

Another thing that bugs me is when someone gets on the chair with you and keeps the tunes blaring and is off in their own world like they are the only one on the chair. I consider this rude....but that's just me.
    You don't need freerides when you got freeheels

I just watched Seasons on mute and it was sweet to just listen to my breathing. I hope that the Under the Influence premier is muted to...
    "We could probably grab that monkey and ski off!"

whether you can enjoy listening to music while you ride... well, if you can't, why are you here pissing on this thread? sheesh. it's for those who actually can deal with the problem of music overshadowing environmental sounds. some people can't deal with that. fine. not really reason to insist that everyone see it your way, though... is it?

I like music to take my mind off the hurt of climbing. I like music to put me in a mood to ride descents.

descents are over quickly, full albums don't work here. my favorite riding songs for descending some of my favorite local trails --

Spoon, My Mathematical Mind
    French Kicks, When You Heard You
    Ikara Colt, One Note
    Pretty Girls Make Graves, Speakers Push The Air
    Sonic Youth, Teenage Riot
    Fugazi, Smallpox Champion
    Clinic, The Equaliser
    Crack the Sky, Surf City
    Ted Leo & the Pharmacists, Hearts of Oak
    Stereolab, Wow and Flutter
    Radiohead, Bodysnatchers
    Queens of the Stone Age, First it Giveth
    Chavez, New Room

for climbing I like stuff that's metronomic, or thought-provoking, depending on my mood. general favorite albums:

Gus Gus, Gus Gus vs T-World
    Blackalicious, A2G
    Blackalicoius, Nia
    Aesop Rock, Float
    Hydra, Super Human
    Last edited by uncle crud; 09-29-2008 at 02:13 PM.

uncle crud... not being cruddy.

It's absolutely mind-blowing.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast