Kitchen Abroad Day - My Wife's New Restaurant

KMO is opening her own restaurant on October 2 in North Andover, MA. It's called High Street Grill (located at 25 High Street). So, today the head chef and the sous chef came over to our house to try out a few of the items on the menu.

Check it out at 25high.net

I'm drooling at the smoked pork butt that's sitting in the smoker right now.

I also can't wait to dive into the toasted pork ravioli. More pics to come.
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.

A beer fortress in the kingdom of cheese...
    Wow... looks like an awesome space. Like the slide show pics, but wonder if you could have them (and more) in a photo gallery as well there? You have any experience with online virtual tours???

Sounds like this is her first step out on her own? All excitement, or partly crap yer pants fear too? Sorry. Always thought it would be a fun experience, though my future ex-wife waitressed thru College and sez no f'n way!!!

Good luck!!!
    If some of the best times of my life were skiing the UP in -40 wind chill with nothing but jeans, cotton long johns and a wine flask to keep warm while sleeping in the back of my dad's van... does that make me old school?

"REHAB SAVAGE, REHAB!!!"

I'll be adding a more formal gallery to the site as soon as the restaurant opens. I doubt I'll do a virtual tour as there are still plenty of users out there who can't play features like that.

And, yes, we've had plenty of crap-our-pants moments over the past few months, especially this past week. One more week to go!

Holy shit that looks good! I work right up in Andover so I'm stopping by when it opens.

Whats on tap?

As promised...more pics...

Braised Collared Greens with Bacon.

Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Southwestern Tomato Confit & Stone Ground Monterey Jack Grits

Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Chile Roasted New Potatoes, Succotash, Green Beans & Peach-Ginger Glaze

Lump Crab Cake with Sweet Corn-Jalapeno Emulsion & Tomato-Black Bean Salsa

Toasted Ravioli “St. Louis Style” with Braised pork & smoked tomato sauce

Good times. Man, I'm stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    Holy shit that looks good! I work right up in Andover so I'm stopping by when it opens.

Whats on tap?
    Sweet! Bring everyone you know!

Beers on tap:

Long Trail IPA
    Long Trail Seasonal
    Redhook ESB
    Ipswich Stout
    UFO Hefeweizen
    Haverhill Tap's Haverale.

Looks good! Food and beers on tap... Nice choices... I want some of those crab cakes and pork ravioli! I'll definitely stop by when in the area.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I'm stoned and I have the munchies...I didn't need to see this thread
    Sunday ends with her head in a pillow, ass in the air with me pounding her from behind. Life is good.

congrats! thats my dream also, to one day open my own place. the food looks good. duck, mussels and fried ravioli are definitely tempting my hunger right now.

will your wife be cooking in the restaurant also?

PS - nice caramelization on the scallops. my chef/mentor once told me that you can tell whether a restaurant is good or crap by their scallop dish.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tionaries3.jpg

crab cakes look like the bomb.

i though collard greens and bacon was a southern thing, which brings me to my other favorite southern thing

38-13
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.