advres Guest

Question $2500 for your hair????

So I was shooting the shit with one of my newer friends today. She was telling me how she had to get up early this morning for a hair appointment down on Newbury Street. So at this point I realized she was spending a bunch of money. So I told her I didn't see much difference, in fact her hair looked longer.

So she tells me that is exactly what she went for. She went to have extensions put in. Out of curiosity (not knowing anyone that has seeked to have this done to them before) I asked her how much something like this would run. She tells me she gets a good deal. For having her old extensions removed, new ones put in, everything cut/styled and dyed (2 day sitting) costs her $2500.

FOR SERIOUS? I got pissed when I had to pay the barber $20 for a hair cut. I guess that is why I always just shave my head or let the shit grow.

The really sad thing is, this money does not help this girl in the looks department at all. She is an attractive girl but nothing close to drop dead and this hair doesn't change anything. Plus, she says she does this about every 7 months!

She is a fucking bartender at a local bar I frequent and she makes good money, but not enough to justify spending $5000 a year on her fucking hair (before her shampoo, conditioner, other products).

Holy fuck it must suck to be an overly self conscious idiot.

I guess she doesn't know how much coke you can get for 5G's

that is stupid, i also get it cut very short, then do it again when it gets long enough that its annoying
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

I'd be cool with hair that didn't grow, but i wouldn't spend bucks to pretend it did.

That sounds like really a lot. I guess hot bartender chicks make more than less-hot bartender chicks, and that's only twenty bucks more in tips per night (assuming a five-day work week) to break even. And if it makes her feel hotter, that's probably good too.

That said, if my girl pulled a stunt like that, I'd hold her down and shave her head while screaming "Who's going to love you now, freak!?"

With love, obviously.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    That said, if my girl pulled a stunt like that, I'd hold her down and shave her head while screaming "Who's going to love you now, freak!?"
    POTD....

The opposite:
    www.locksoflove.org
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

And yet you've payed twice that much adding a stub to your chub.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

when I cut of my mid back, long hair, I donated it to that bald kids with cancer fund.

The hair extension thing is a mystery to me. Can't you just grow your hair longer?

Correct me if I am wrong, but for $5000.00 shouldn't the ladies be spending the money on othe parts of their body?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by kkerley33 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but for $5000.00 shouldn't the ladies be spending the money on othe parts of their body?
    You would think so, but no. My sister lives in NYC and spent a STUPID amount of money on hair extensions. Boobies, facelift, etc are much more expensive.

Just think of how many skis you could buy!!!

Sheesh I hate giving more than a $1 tip at Hair Cuttery lol

speaking of hair, right off fark:

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    She could get it done cheaper in the hood. Personally I don't get this compulsion to spend so much money on hair. But my hair grows like weeds and if I want to wear it long I just wait a few months.

Sometimes I can't tell who's more sensitive about their hair (or lack of) women or men. It's just easier for women to get away with wearing a wig (and extensions are just another kind of wig) without being ridiculed. I guess that's why hair plugs are even more expensive.

A majority of female celebrities (models/actresses) are wearing extensions of some type for work. You can understand that they wouldn't have much natural hair left with the excessive styling they sometimes undergo daily and fake hair helps maintain continuity on long shoots or where drastic changes are needed for the character. The general public now thinks it's natural to have 2x the amount of hair that normally grows on a head and want to emulate the super thick and long look.

Men definitely respond to hairstyles they find attractive. I'd say in general the preference is for longer vs shorter and worn out vs tied up or in a ponytail.

So your friend is probably just doing what she can to boost her attractiveness to the opposite sex. We're all guilty of that, even if we spend less $ on it.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Call me Tim, but in 2007 the US spent $600,000,000 on mobile phone ringtones.

Just Sayin' (call me Rideit)
    Life is not lift served.

Call me Blurred, I forgot to link the source ringtone wank money
    Life is not lift served.

advers....how does she look naked?

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    So I was shooting the shit with one of my newer friends today. She was telling me how she had to get up early this morning for a hair appointment down on Newbury Street. So at this point I realized she was spending a bunch of money. So I told her I didn't see much difference, in fact her hair looked longer.

So she tells me that is exactly what she went for. She went to have extensions put in. Out of curiosity (not knowing anyone that has seeked to have this done to them before) I asked her how much something like this would run. She tells me she gets a good deal. For having her old extensions removed, new ones put in, everything cut/styled and dyed (2 day sitting) costs her $2500.

FOR SERIOUS? I got pissed when I had to pay the barber $20 for a hair cut. I guess that is why I always just shave my head or let the shit grow.

The really sad thing is, this money does not help this girl in the looks department at all. She is an attractive girl but nothing close to drop dead and this hair doesn't change anything. Plus, she says she does this about every 7 months!

She is a fucking bartender at a local bar I frequent and she makes good money, but not enough to justify spending $5000 a year on her fucking hair (before her shampoo, conditioner, other products).

Holy fuck it must suck to be an overly self conscious idiot.

I guess she doesn't know how much coke you can get for 5G's
    You have a lot to learn, my friend: women have no need to justify anything regarding their hair.
    You'd best just stand aside and offer compliments now and then. Don't try to make a woman into a man. She doesn't need a solution, she lives on WomanEarth and according to their rules she's doing everything perfectly.
    I know a woman who lives on the West Coast and flies to Montreal to have her hair done.
    Just tell her she looks great.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Call me Tim, but in 2007 the US spent $600,000,000 on mobile phone ringtones.

That's the legacy of the 2000's so far: the ability of corporations to get people to pay a lot of money for nothing.
    It's just fucking amazing.

The extensions woman is brilliant compared to people who pay for ringtones. Their phones will ring whether they buy a ringtone or not. Her hair can only grow so fast as it grows.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The hair extension thing is a mystery to me. Can't you just grow your hair longer?
    I think it's actually more about thickness/volume, and ease of style-ability. The extensions are generally "nicer" at that length, less frizzy, and easier to style than the person's regular hair, which sometimes gets stringy when it grows longer. Hair grows from the root, so the part that's left on the ends is the oldest, and subject to the longest duration of styling, dying, split ends, etc.

The part about extensions that grosses me out is that you can feel them attached to the person's real hair. So imagine if you were running your hands through their head and feeling them attached! blegh.

Imagine the possibilities if beavers were still in style.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    I think it's actually more about thickness/volume, and ease of style-ability. The extensions are generally "nicer" at that length, less frizzy, and easier to style than the person's regular hair, which sometimes gets stringy when it grows longer.
    I asked my wife about it and she said pretty much the same thing. She said she really can't grow her hair longer than shoulder length. She also said she can always tell when someone has extensions. I know I can't, then again it's not something I'm looking for!

The idea of having someone else's hair on your head is pretty gross if you ask me.

god and I thought I was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Kindly cease and desist, as I have that phrase federally trademarked.
    Just sayin'.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    god and I thought I was bad.
    Out with it, Metrosexualist: how much do you pay? And post a photo so we can see if you got your money's worth.