All 12 Rays' Fans At Last Night's Game.

29,760 Sox fans were pleased to join them.

They're probably gonna lose that team but I guess they don't care.

Is that team going to go to Oklahoma City too?

Yep, whenever they play the Yankees, half of that miserable stadium is empty and the rest are snowbirds from NY.

Is there any discussion of moving the Rays? I think it's been proven beyond a doubt that anywhere south of Philadelphia and west of Chicago is a shitty place to have a baseball franchise.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo View Post
    I think it's been proven beyond a doubt that anywhere south of Philadelphia and west of Chicago is a shitty place to have a baseball franchise.
    Yeah, nobody goes to Cardinals games.

St. Pete is nothing but old people- even if the numbers were reversed, the Sox fans would still be louder.

Yep, whenever they play the Yankees, half of that miserable stadium is empty and the rest are snowbirds from NY.

Is there any discussion of moving the Rays? I think it's been proven beyond a doubt that anywhere south of Philadelphia and west of Chicago is a shitty place to have a baseball franchise.
    Well, except for California.

Been to any Seattle games lately? They still get that stadium pretty full and the Mariners are terrible.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Well, except for California.
    Texas isnt so bad either
    Decisions Decisions

They came to San Antonio before the season to look at options.

Yeah the word supposedly is they want to move. It'd be pretty funny if they won the division and left town.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Dave O'Brien was going on about this ad naseum last night. It's the same at Camdem when the Sox play there. It's funny that it's easier to travel to an away game than try to get tix to a game at Fenway.

And I just assumed they all left after the sox put 4 runs up in the top of the first and Dice-K took the mound...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

the owner is a good friend of mine.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...light=todrillo
    He put on this trip.
    I am having dinner with him tonight and will put the questions to him,

Nice friend to have. They were talking about it on ESPN radio earlier today, apparently he has said he won't make any decisions until after the season, but you couldn't blame the guy if he wanted to move, the "fan base" has pretty much shown that it doesn't care.

You'd think they'd be stoked, who knows.

edit: I gather your friend is Cader, they were talking to Sternberg.
    Last edited by iceman; 09-16-2008 at 01:18 PM.

...and that's one season after a WS appearance.

It's really simple. Everything here plays second fiddle to Football. The Rays could win the whole damn thing, and the news would still lead with the Bucs.

Add that to the fact that it is still 90 degrees out in September. That is why so many out of towners come to our games. It is nice here, and they can get a plane ticket and game ticket cheaper than they can get just a game ticket at home.

Also, there is way too much to do down here. With the weather so nice all the time, Baseball doesn't usually win. I do my part, I listen to the games while I am fishing. I don't think that helps them sell tickets, though.

They had a really good plan to get a new stadium going here. They were going to move it downtown, make it a ton smaller, and have it on the waterfront. Right around the same spot they run the IRL races in the spring, if anyone watches that. It was a good plan.

But people screamed. The team wanted to sell off the old dump, and use the profits. In theory, it would have cost tax payers almost nothing. But, you know how that goes . The site of the Trop. would have become a mall, and all the ghetto ass people who live around there had a fit. The enviros had their say, cause the new place encroached on a scum filled section of the bay that they would have to fill in. Every old bat that has lived here 1,000 years ( and there are not many of them left SSD- FYI) had signs on their lawn comdemning it. So, you know what? An organization that has been pretty good to this community, but has had a shitty record, will go to Tampa, or worse yet, another state. It will be a shame, but that is what will happen.

I hope they win the whole thing and leave. The mouthbreathers around here will bitch and moan about it, and the Trop will still become a mall. I hope they put a fuckin' Bass Pro Shop right on top of home plate. Then I will still be able to think about the Rays while I am fishing.

Whoever gets them, treat them better than we did.

Warthog is on point with his discussion. Even though this past season attendance has gone up. Whats strange is that the Marlins attendance is still lowest in the league. There was game a month ago when there were 650 people total in the entire stadium, my highschool got that for football games.
    Sexual climax lasts mere moments; but Deep Powder is extended Nirvana.

My biggest complaint (and I think their biggest problem) is that the stadium is in St Pete. Most of that side of the bay is old people from the northeast. Many people just don't want to make the drive. I understand that in many cities this would not be much of a deterent, but thats just how it is here. And with high gas prices, that 1.5hr drive is less and less appealing. Tampa doesn't usually come to mind when thinking of hockey towns, but the Lightning do alright with attendence - they are in downtown Tampa. Location Location Location.

Well, I've been to a few this season, so i guess I've done my part.