Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ladies: can I use a 2-fer-1 coup when I take you to a nice dinner?

I think the people who don’t use the 2fers in the paper here have “sucker” stamped on their head, even if you’re wealthy. But I’m taking a girl out for a nice supper and I’m getting mixed results from friends. Some tell me it would be my first and only date with this girl. Others say “fuck it, use the coup and save some dough”.

She’s makes a lot of money, and likes to go to really nice restaurants. I really have no problem being thrifty and using a 2fer deal. And I’m not sure I’d be very interested in a girl who gives me heat about saving some cash. Besides, the $$$ I save on entrees will go towards the booze tab.

Use the coupon, but don't use the drive thru.

Use it, if she get's upset by common sense it's move on down the road time cuz she's an idiot.

^^^ zing, train nailed it

but i would take it one step further and just let her pay.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 09-15-2008 at 09:58 AM.

First several dates, no. Starting to get serious, yes.

It will actually be a good test to see if you are on the same plane (sp?) with financial discipline.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

what kind of "nice restaurant" has 241 coupons??

I would use it though....I got a gift certificate from an ex once after we broke up. The certificate was to a REALLY nice steak house downtown minneapolis...I used it on a date with a different girl...she didn't know where it was from though, and it was the only way i could have afforded to take here there.

Go for it!

Now that I think about it, it wasn't a first date...use at your penis's risk!

Use the 2fer... And if you feel weird about it, maybe tell your waiter that you have the 2fer when she goes to the restroom or when you go???
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Not unless there's a good story behind it.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
    what kind of "nice restaurant" has 241 coupons??
    a lot of them do here during the summer and shoulder seasons to drive traffic. we're talking restaurants with linen fucking napkins, mang! linen!

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Use it, if she get's upset by common sense it's move on down the road time cuz she's an idiot.
    I used a 30% off gift certificate on Valentines Day this year at an excellent restaurant. It was one of the best meals that I've ever had and was a great time for the both of us. (Coupon lover = keeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
    what kind of "nice restaurant" has 241 coupons?
    Nani's in Jackson for the off season for locals...

EDIT: Oh and use the coupon. Nothing wrong with saving some cash and being able to spend it on more booze...make sure you tip on the price of two meals though...don't screw the waiter/waitress.
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    Use the 2fer... And if you feel weird about it, maybe tell your waiter that you have the 2fer when she goes to the restroom or when you go???
    No no no no no no. Too big a chance she'll find out somehow, and that's going to be awkward and embarassing. If you're gonna use the coupon, use it like a man.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Use it like a man and be proud while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    First several dates, no. Starting to get serious, yes.

It will actually be a good test to see if you are on the same plane (sp?) with financal discipline.

Yep! First date would be a little tacky. It will leave her wondering if you got her flowers from the cemetary on the way over. After a while it wouldn't be a big deal but on a first date probably not.

The biggest downside I can think of is that it might seem as though you selected the restuarant on the basis of the 241 deal. If it's a great place then that problem comes off of the table.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I say definitely use it!

If she gets upset, rolls her eyes, or doesn't want another date, etc. then you've saved yourself a bunch of time and aggravation IMO.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Don't do it.

And I'm speaking as a woman.

Doesn't matter if she's the biggest bargain hunter in the world, she's not going to give you points for using a coupon.

We still like to be wooed and courted, no matter how much common sense we have.

I actually think you're better off going to somewhere less nice that you can afford rather than trying to upgrade with a coupon.

but that's just me.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    Yep! First date would be a little tacky. It will leave her wondering if you got her flowers from the cemetary on the way over. After a while it wouldn't be a big deal but on a first date probably not.
    I'm thinking this will likely be a first and only date. I met her in a bar over the weekend, we hooked up, and I told her I'd take her out to dinner. After that, I'll throw her back into the pond. Catch and release dating.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    I say definitely use it!

If she gets upset, rolls her eyes, or doesn't want another date, etc. then you've saved yourself a bunch of time and aggravation IMO.

Sprite
    Well, there you have it.
    Advice from a smart woman. Look no further.

Edit: WSD is always good for advise as well. But she's no New England Girl. Maybe that's the difference. 1-1.
    Last edited by trainnvain; 09-15-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trainnvain View Post
    Well, there you have it.
    Advice from a smart woman. Look no further.
    Agreed. Gonna use the coupon proudly by slapping it on the table before we order and loudly proclaiming to the server "I have a coupon to apply to this tab, my good man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Agreed. Gonna use the coupon proudly by slapping it on the table before we order and loudly proclaiming to the server "I have a coupon to apply to this tab, my good man!"
    On that note, you can always give it to the maitre'd (just order a nice bottle of wine to supplement your savings. This will also tell the server you're not cheap, just thrifty).

Alternatively, you could just put it in the folding check-holder-thing along with your credit card and she probably won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    After that, I'll throw her back into the pond. Catch and release dating.
    lol! Good one...

It shouldn't be a big deal, but to some women it might be, and that's okay!

But if that bothers you, then you know you have to go for a woman who doesn't consider it a big deal. On the other hand, some men do enjoy springing for the meals, etc and if that's the case no problemo there either. They belong w/ the chickies who love to be wined and dined.

I guess what I am trying to say is do what you feel is natural for you, not what you think you should do to impress the girl or what you think she wants to see. That simply takes too much energy.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Chimayo? Get the elk.

Grappa? Osso bucco.

Quote Originally Posted by NippleHighPow View Post
    Nani's in Jackson for the off season for locals...

EDIT: Oh and use the coupon. Nothing wrong with saving some cash and being able to spend it on more booze...make sure you tip on the price of two meals though...don't screw the waiter/waitress.
    fack Nani's. Last time i went there my date asked if they had asparagus in the kitchen, server said they did. Asked to throw some in her carbonara, he said, dunno, chef's really particular about his recipes, sure enough, there was none added... I'd go for the 2:1 fajitas at Piglets before i go back to Nani's.
    [\end threadjack]

good call on the tip...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's