Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ski dreams/nightmares too??

Do many others have ski dreams and or nightmares? last night I was at and unidentified mountain and I was pulling 5's off little booters at ease( thus a dream.) and then I ran into some maggots and exchanged greetings, next broke the my soon to be delivered Lhasa Pows??? WTF?
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

I float over gap jumps in my dreams. I think its in our dna if youve skied your whole life.

Then again all I can do is dream from here.

I had a crazy park session last night. I dreamed I was just floating 3's off of everything...then I woke up
    Sunday ends with her head in a pillow, ass in the air with me pounding her from behind. Life is good.

Smokey McPole Guest
    I have dreams where I'm skiing with Bigfoot (Bigfoot's actually riding a snowboard) and a few where I get huge unexpected air (like in the Stratosphere) and land it.

I also have recurring nightmares that I'm picking up friends and they're dicking around and by the time we get there it's all tracked out or worse yet the snow has melted and it looks like Dex's TR.

I've had a few dreams where I inadvertently go HUDGE and wake up just before landing. Then I had a dream that all the snow had melted (it was jan or feb) and I wanted to cry.

Yeah I was surrounded by all of you yelling "JONG JONG, JONG GO SKIING" or something along those lines, it was catastrophic

I had a recurring ski dream when I was a kid, I would be skiing down Little Nell (flatish groomer at the bottom of aspen mt) I would hit some tiny little jump that should give me a couple feet of air, but instead I'd go flying up up up up hundreds into the air, then just at the point when I was about to shit myself, I'd be lowered down gently, land perfectly and come to a stop at the bottom of the run.

I'm sure it means I'm fucked in the head or something.

Lately I just have happy ski dreams.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I have huge air dreams all the time. Doing backflips and stuff over trees between runs.
    I belong to a cult that believes in wrecking leather jackets, dying themselves purple and demolishing 40 beer.

Pretty much all my dreams now involve the east wall.

Had one just last night about straightlining Pipeline, damn alarm went off in the runout. Pissed me off.

Had a recurring one last season about getting caught in an impossibly huge avy in East Castle.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

I always have the huge air dreams. It's like skiing in low gravity.

I have a re-occuring one where I get to the mountain and either I dont have my skis, they don't work, or I am riding in ice skates.... fucking nightmare.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

I like the 'low gravity' dreams. HUDDDGE floating turns. Or the impossible massive air.

One of the worse dreams ever was thinking the whole mountain melted in middle of epic season. Weird that there is similar dream scenarios.

I've had the ones where you get to the top of the line only to realize I didn't bring my skis with me, and I have to run down the whole mountain. I've also had ones where I'm just ripping lines in trees and I suddenly run into a huge patch of brush and then I wake up.

Thats weird that so many people have the huge air dream. But in mine once I get to the top and start to fall I no longer have skis on. Oddly enough I had one last night where I was skiing my new Bluehouse Shoots and was scared out of my mind because I was going so fast at first but then after a couple seconds remembered how to turn and then ripped down to the bottom where I met up with somone on a cat track......
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    "Low Gravity" hits it on the head for me. Huge gap jumps with effortless landings. The other ones usually involve forgetting something on the best day of the year.

I totally get the low gravity floaty 3s off of everything ski dreams. Sometimes they're in places that I've skied before, sometimes just random dream gnar. I'm always a better skier in them than I am in real life, though not so much better that the dream seems implausible at the time.

I totally had a ski-related nightmare recently, though. I don't remember what happened exactly, but it involved some sort of critical gear failure.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I always have snowboard dreams. I definitely ride better than in real life, but not so much better that it seems unreal. More like being more on then ever. I don't dream about big air, cause I am not into going huge. I pretty much consistently dream about steeps and powder.

I think I been reading TGR too much, cause I had a dream last night where I was skiing just as good as I dream I snowboard. It was actually sick!

I think reading this thread yesterday had me all dreaming about skiing cuz last night I had some fucked up dreams. It started off just skiing alone then all the sudden I hucked a small cliff and it turned into one of those falling dreams.

side note: has anyone ever actually hit the ground in a falling dream before you woke up??

I once had a dream I was Skiing in Alaska with Whoopi Goldberg. She wasnt that good though.
    Sexual climax lasts mere moments; but Deep Powder is extended Nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth0687 View Post
    side note: has anyone ever actually hit the ground in a falling dream before you woke up??
    I don't know if this qualifies. I had a recurring dream where I hucked an old Dodge Charger over a rise in the highway. It was always waay too much air and I had huge adrenaline rushes thinking I was going to die. Then I would wake up all flustered just before the crash landing. Finally, this dream happened one night and as the car and I were coming back down to the road I remember thinking if I don't die I will come out of this with a broken back. I landed and it felt like my back got kind of fucked up, but I survived. Then I woke up. I don't think I have had that dream since.

I never had a ski dream/nightmare, but have had plenty of ugly nightmares. The kind where I would wake up sitting bolt upright in bed sweating and freaking out. Not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey McPole View Post
    I have dreams where I'm skiing with Bigfoot (Bigfoot's actually riding a snowboard) and a few where I get huge unexpected air (like in the Stratosphere) and land it.

I also have recurring nightmares that I'm picking up friends and they're dicking around and by the time we get there it's all tracked out or worse yet the snow has melted and it looks like Dex's TR.

Since I've been able sleep again I've been having wicked dreams of skiing. No Bigfoot yet but that could happen now that I read this.

Haven't skied in years and thats all I can think about even with summer around the corner.

Last night I ducked a rope inbounds with my buddy and we scored some deep turns but had to do it while ducked over so patrol on the run next to us couldn’t see us.

Then I woke up.

Skiing and adventure racing are the two things I dream about regularly. The racing ones are kinda intense. The skiing ones are always fun and always vivid and involve ridiculously big air with long hang times. Of course I stick every landing.
    Last edited by bennymac; 04-09-2023 at 04:14 PM.

the most vivid dreams i've ever had were of skiing. perfectly laid out backies off of everything. hundreds of feet of air. perfect zipper lines on perfect slush bumps. hip dragging turns down endless cord hundreds of yards wide. all of it felt as real as anything i've actually done.
    swing your fucking sword.

I had a dream last night about skiing closing day today. Trippy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums