Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    And I just got a cancelation order from Amazon stating a pricing error occured and my order will not be honored...
    Complain to Amazon - I've heard of extensions of prime, or small [$5] credits.

The deal showed up at slickdeals a while after posted here, and it rocketed to the top. I doubt sharing here made any difference.

I haven't gotten cancelled yet, but probably will. We'll see.

me too. fuckers. don't we have any recourse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Cancelled...BALLS

Had to know that was going to happen.

Another xmas down the toilet for several members or the sizzler family. They, and myself, were going to get highball knife sharpeners.

Back to the manual Chef's Choice 4643 (which works pretty damn well and being small and manual means knives get a quick pass before each use).

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    AccuSharp is pretty amazing for the price. Very well reviewed by Cook's Illustrated.
    I second the vote for the Accusharp. My father-in-law has been a caterer for 30+ years, and this is what he uses.
    Super fast, less than $10, and you can swap the sharpening blades when it starts losing effectiveness.

Name:  sharpener.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  17.7 KB

Cancelled. I might fuck with them about this, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Cancelled. I might fuck with them about this, see what happens.
    who will you fuck with? how does one complain to amazon?

I did send a nasty note to Northern Tool asking them to honor the offering.

This happened to me with over some clamps at skis.com a couple of years ago. This shit pisses me off. If you offer something for sale at $xxx you should not have the right to say, "oh, never mind".

I want to join the fuck with 'em effort.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    who will you fuck with? how does one complain to amazon?

I did send a nasty note to Northern Tool asking them to honor the offering.

This happened to me with over some clamps at skis.com a couple of years ago. This shit pisses me off. If you offer something for sale at $xxx you should not have the right to say, "oh, never mind".

I want to join the fuck with 'em effort.
    I haven't drilled down yet, but a couple years ago Amazon fucked up shipping on a Prime order and I clicked a couple links and ended up on the phone with an Amazon rep and got the price of the order refunded, but still got the stuff. So, free stuff. I'm busy now, but if I get into this I'll let people know how it turned out. It did/does take time and patience.

just got this boilerplate BS response from northern tool (aptly named).

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

This was a pricing error and the listing has since been removed from Amazon by Northern Tool. We will not be able to honor the price of this item as it was listed on Amazon. Northern Tool and Equipment (NTE) works hard to ensure that the information provided is current and accurate. However, due to the risk that the information may be compromised by software or a procedural error, NTE can not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. NTE reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after the order has been submitted).

Please note that such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to product description, pricing and availability. Photos may vary. Pricing and shipping & handling rates are subject to change without notice.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,
    Brittney"

I used a chefs choice at a friends house the other day. I wasn't too impressed. Knife was sharp but not like when I do it by hand. Maybe his was old or something. That worksharp looks sweet.

So the other day, just for fun, I looked again for the work sharp ko edition on amazon. To my surprise, there was one for $90.99. I ordered it but did not share here since I didn't want to have the same experience. The seller was brand new on Amazon, so I expected it to turn to shit again.

To my somewhat pleasant surprise, I just got notification that it had shipped so was prepared to share the link here. Sadly, it has gone up to a decent but not great price of $127.

Update: TGTBT for sure. Amazon showed the order as having been delivered to me in SEA, USPS says it was delivered in Ft. Lauderdale. Have filed a claim with Amazon. Film at 11.

Worksharp question: so the belt pulls the material towards the edge on one side of the blade (belt traveling up for the left side, traveling down for the right side). I thought that you always wanted to pull blade material away from the edge? Any feedback on this?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Worksharp question: so the belt pulls the material towards the edge on one side of the blade (belt traveling up for the left side, traveling down for the right side). I thought that you always wanted to pull blade material away from the edge? Any feedback on this?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You could run the knives the other direction so that the belt is always going away from the edge of you want, but I've never found that to be necessary.

Worksharp does require some technique but the result is an absurdly sharp edge. Touch ups take a few seconds.

FWIW, I had the regular one and upgraded to the Ken Onion version. It's significantly better and well worth the price difference.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    You could run the knives the other direction so that the belt is always going away from the edge of you want, but I've never found that to be necessary.

Worksharp does require some technique but the result is an absurdly sharp edge. Touch ups take a few seconds.

FWIW, I had the regular one and upgraded to the Ken Onion version. It's significantly better and well worth the price difference.
    Thanks. This one is one sale: https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/18

But yea, I think I'd need the Ken Onion version after looking at the edge angle on all of my knives. I need from 15-25 and the one listed above only has guides for 20 and 25.