Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    [URL="https://www.tetongravity.com/images/ci-images/41679/image_1434248632.jpg"][IMG]Decided to get a diesel Transit 250, so had to reluctantly sell my 96 T100. Rancho lift, TrueTrac rear, drove like new at 180k. Fortunately found a friend who was stoked to get it.
    i'm still trying to understand this..., except that your friend is stoked.

Just picked up this '06 Durango. Seems nice enough and it runs great. 4.7L, 5 sp slushbox and full time AWD. The previous owner did a ton of work on it recently ( I think she shouldn't have listened to the mechanic so often ) so it needs next to nothing other than an AC charge, some pads and rotors and a few cosmetic issues. Took it for a little 250 mile road trip today and it was comfy, powerful enough and seems to love cruising at about 70.

Anybody know anything about these? The couple of forums I've found are populated by folks I probably wouldn't hang out with and they're not terribly active. It has torsion bars that I know can be adjusted for lift but what about dropping it a bit? The rear end sits up pretty high so it can carry a load or tow but I'm barely going to tap those capacities so I'd like to drop it and at least level it out if not lose an inch all the way around at the same time. How can I figure out which warped rotor is the one causing the pulse in the pedal? I'd rather not go through changing pads and rotors all the way around if I don't have to but they're not terribly difficult to do or too pricey so it could be worse. Those are the only mechanical issues I have found so far.

edit: bullshit on the failed photo link/embed process.

My brothers truck
    watch out for snakes

g.love, no answers for you but keep looking online, the internet has everything. You just haven't found the right place yet.

since you fellas enjoy the t100s:

Gone but not forgotten (mainly because I'm forced to see its new owner happily driving it around)

warped rotors - fronts bad - steering wheel shakes under braking, rear bad - feel it in pedal and truck

↑Thank you.

Jesus Christmas posting pictures on this site has become the biggest pain in the ass! I've got more current pics in my 'stash' but not sure how to get them here.. anyways. This is Bob. My 93 gmc 1500. These pics are before a conplete rebuild of the front end and some body work to stop the rust on the rocker panels. He's a michigan truck, was the old man's until a few years ago so unfortunately he's got some rust issues but we're in it til the end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140514_200855_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	766.8 KB 
ID:	169061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140517_102529.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	905.2 KB 
ID:	169062  
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Both from the drive to ak last spring. Outside of kamloops and outside of Haines junction.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Old Maggot Trucks

2001 Tahoe keeps spinning...

Original shocks and exhaust, but 2 trannies and 3 fuel pumps. Not babied either... Worked hard daily, but gets weekends off in VT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440954505.506235.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	169179
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 08-30-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

My 72 Chevy C20 4x4, etc. My favorite year and body style of any truck, ever. Too nice to really drive and get dirty, and gets about 10mpg no matter how fast or slow you go. If you want to buy it, let me know, cause I'm getting rid of it.
    You have to let other people be right. It consoles them for not being anything else. -- Andre Gide

my current rig 81' j10
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Nice MiCol

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    2001 Tahoe keeps spinning...

Original shocks and exhaust, but 2 trannies and 3 fuel pumps. Not babied either... Worked hard daily, but gets weekends off in VT.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1440954505.506235.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	169179
    My dad's 05 suburban is going on 180k with only a water pump replacement.

Just turned 210k on the clock on this trip.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1797.jpg 
Views:	1166 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	169774  

I have this thing.

She's a beaut Clark.

Well, I've added this to my life:

God help me, I'm really hoping it holds together for awhile. It's a sexy beast.

sweet rig^

It's my ostensible reward for hardly ever driving. I'm doing all my commuting on the bike, going to the stores on the bike....

so the car has become tagged to skiing, surfing, and sunday drives. I'm hoping this rig will be good for those in ways my subaru was not.

This rig is beat up, but a youngster has been commuting in it and I believe it to be a runner. It was an odd, coming-of-age moment when I paid him, finished the deal, and his dad showed up to give him a ride home and this dad also seemed like a youngster to me. That felt really weird. Both because I haven't really driven anything like this in many years, and because WTF, this young adult man is selling me a truck and his dad pulls up and he's like in his early 30s. Feelin' old.

Is that the rusty one?

The running lights are boss.

really, every single truck in this region is "the rusty one"....but no, of the two you were aware of this is the less rusty. The other one had rust at a level where even other midwesterners outside of the UP would be like "whoa, that's too much rust". It's pretty fucked up what they do with salt around here.

This one will need to be looked over very carefully this summer when it's hot and dry and all of the little paint chips and little surface rust spots wire-wheeled and rust-converting-paint sprayed. Depending on the rest of the summer, I may also consider hanging this one up over the winter and getting some $500 car...it's tempting. If this is going to be used in the winter I have some work to do, will likely tar or rubberize some areas and I am not planning on trying to drive worn 36" Gumbo Mudders on snow and ice, even though that could be fun in some perverse way.

Driving down my street this evening a young mother with her children on the sidewalk did some weird frightened-deer defensive body-language thing like a pirate rape machine was invading her neighborhood, and then an oncoming vehicle totally yielded the whole lane in a narrow spot. There goes the neighborhood, etc. L O L....both times I'm just like oh man, what have I gotten myself into.

Fortunately, this is all part of a master plan which includes closing on a house shortly...a house in a unique location both barefoot walking distance from the beach and also framed on 3 sides by vacant lots or commercial/industrial properties, across the road from a tire shop, few hundred yards from a general repair shop. Only neighbor appears to be another redneck, judging from his work shed made of old tires capped by a truck topper. Incredibly, not but 200 yards away around a bend in the road begins one of the fanciest, spendiest places to live in town (along said beach) I can backroad it most of the way to work, backroad it to the ski hill in the summer and fall, and in the winter I could, I think, snowmachine literally from the house (sled dog races go past like 100 yards away) even though I'm a 2 minute drive or a 5 minute bike ride from downtown. Not gonna lie, it's hot. I'm stoked.

I bought this 67 ford off of a room mate for 600 bucks in 2005. I had it for the summer until I headed off to Telluride for the winter. It was then passed around between friends and used primarily as a shuttle truck.

Name:  IMG_0774.JPG
Views: 587
Size:  165.5 KB
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    really, every single truck in this region is "the rusty one"....but no, of the two you were aware of this is the less rusty. The other one had rust at a level where even other midwesterners outside of the UP would be like "whoa, that's too much rust". It's pretty fucked up what they do with salt around here.

This one will need to be looked over very carefully this summer when it's hot and dry and all of the little paint chips and little surface rust spots wire-wheeled and rust-converting-paint sprayed. Depending on the rest of the summer, I may also consider hanging this one up over the winter and getting some $500 car...it's tempting. If this is going to be used in the winter I have some work to do, will likely tar or rubberize some areas and I am not planning on trying to drive worn 36" Gumbo Mudders on snow and ice, even though that could be fun in some perverse way.
    Jeebus, life in a northern town.

That house sounds nice, congrats! That neighborhood dichotomy - nice houses, commercial property co-location - sounds a bit like northern NM.

I've had this '76 Power Wagon for almost a year now. I got it from an orchardist here for $400 with 77k original miles. I've done some work to it, gaskets, water pump, alternator, exhaust, shocks. I rebuilt the power steering pump, carburetor and replaced the reverse band and one of the servos in the trans. It's a great truck that I don't mind abusing.

Name:	IMG_0377.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	183205

That thing gotta a hemi?