Thread: WTB Spatulas

WTB Spatulas

I've always wanted to get me some of these and well I think its finally the time for me to start looking again. Anybody have any offers? Or any suggestions where I could find some? Thanks. Also if anybody has any other throwback skis such as wizards, tankers, or anything else along those lines I would be interested. Thanks again
    Last edited by Dufflogic22; 09-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.

I have Spats, and I love them, but I don't use them all that often because they are heavy as fuck to hike with and I don't like their performance in bumps. I could be concinved to part with them for the right price, but ... the right price for me is probably more than you want to spend. I was planning on keeping them until it is time to make them furniture or mount them on a wall.

I too might be persuaded.

I too must admit I have a serious infatuation with them, and while we do get the deep snow to ski the with here in SLC they just dont come out all that much. they are wicked fun, but not versitile, the hiking sucks (as mentioned) and we do a LOT of sidestepping at Alta.

Make me an offer, worst I could do is refuse.

I have a set with Tyrolia Mojo Cyber Carbon D9's that I would sell for $400 plus shipping. They have been used twice and have a very minor top-sheet ding.

If you would like I will post pictures this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dufflogic22 View Post
    wizards, tankers, or anything else along those lines I would be interested. Thanks again

190 explosives?
    www.fatskideals.com

keep in mind that a spatula skis the pure powder better then just about anything else. Also rocks on breakable windpack, etc too. THey are skiable inbounds, but just in the same way a 155 SL race ski is skiable in 10" fresh. Doable, just not that fun. I used a pair for 2 seasons of working at a heli ski lodge, but sold the skis after a season back on hill. They where great for hte first 2-3 hours of a powder day, but kinda sucked after that.

A normal powder ski will ski the whole mnt better, but not have that magic "smear ability"

I have a pair drilled for salomons at around 300mm bsl, which is too small for me. They currently have DIN 12 997s on them, used maybe 20 - 30 days?? by someone else. Feel free to pm offer for just skis or skis with bindings.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

mine are mounted 1.5X for sallies. dont know the previous mount but I believe it was 316? It is currently for 325BSL.

No core shots. Long gash, again not to core, in base of one ski was told at reputable shop it would be tearing out more material to base weld it that the scratch itself. Never effected performance. One tip rivet in each tip has been replaced with pop rivets by me. Again no effect on performance.

these have seen some use, but not totally abused. i'd let them go pretty cheap no binders...many days left especially since its a quiver ski anyway.

Someone make me an offer I can't refuse.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Does anybody else need a single spatula? Perhaps one of these folks would be willing to split a set for two buyers.

Core shots, compressed edges, etc, okay. I just need a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    I have a set with Tyrolia Mojo Cyber Carbon D9's that I would sell for $400 plus shipping. They have been used twice and have a very minor top-sheet ding.

If you would like I will post pictures this evening.
    Pictures would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Does anybody else need a single spatula? Perhaps one of these folks would be willing to split a set for two buyers.

Core shots, compressed edges, etc, okay. I just need a ski.
    I have one with a delam that spans the width of the ski and stretches from the toe holes to heel holes. Let me know if you are interested.

Here are pix. You can see that they are barely used. One closeup shows the tip topsheet damage. There is also a very, very slight dimple in the base at one of the screw locations.

The base of the other ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    Here are pix. You can see that they are barely used. One closeup shows the tip topsheet damage. There is also a very, very slight dimple in the base at one of the screw locations.

DUDE those are minty...

BTW...mine look nothing like that...plenty of life left, but look like they've been used. I put about 15 days on them...dont know what the previous owner did but it was Greguar from this board.

Im thinking i might be willing to let mine go for $200 + ship and paypal fees (lower 48) WITHOUT binders, but im still sorta on the fence.... They currently have 997 equippes (14DIN) 325BSL, but i think im going to keep the binders unless I get a crazy offer for em.

Pics could be taken on request from serious buyer...

They have lots left...snatch em up...get into the REVERSE REVERSE craze!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Bump.

Who’s got em?

What do you need? Let’s make it happen.
    i have a mounted x2 pair and a brand new in plastic pair. pm me if you want to make a offer.
    Hoarder
    . . .

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I have a pair with numerous deep gouges, long runners, and coreshots p-texed repeatedly, with rock worked edges. Mounted with Salomon DR 9s for a 326 BSL. Shall we say.......

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Sadly both are long gone. I miss them so! Sold the mounted pair for like $200 the unmounted for $300.

��
    Did I buy the unmounted pair from you? I also had two pair at one point but also sold both to my buddy Dug. One of them had started to delam. Dug had the both until he succumbed to cancer about two years ago. No idea what happened to them after that. Not trying to make this a bummer thread, just know mine were loved and used after I passed them along.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    ��

I feel ya. If you ever toy with the idea of letting them go please keep me in mind!
    Honestly, I haven't used them in a couple years, and I have two new pairs of skis which are better for most everything (nothing equals a Spatula's ability to pivot in tight trees), but they are part of my Mc Conkey design Machete collection, so very hard to let go of. I keep thinking maybe I'll win the lottery, and use them heliskiing, or somewhere I'll never encounter bumps or groomers.

I'm thinking about it though, it wouldn't hurt to recoup a small part of what I've spent on my "new" AT set up in the last month.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I have a pair that's in really good shape. lets hear some numbers.
    Hello darkness my old friend

I gotta beater old pair I rarely use (only once this year) and an unmounted pair still in the shrinkwrap with the original printout.
    Thought a couple years back about selling if I could get $1K. Also considered putting 'em on eBay at some ridiculously even higher price with the promise to donate a portion to the McConkey Foundation. But glad I didn't unload 'em and now it would take an extraordinary offer, like a heli ski trip to get me to part with 'em.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I gotta beater old pair I rarely use (only once this year) and an unmounted pair still in the shrinkwrap with the original printout.
    Thought a couple years back about selling if I could get $1K. Also considered putting 'em on eBay at some ridiculously even higher price with the promise to donate a portion to the McConkey Foundation. But glad I didn't unload 'em and now it would take an extraordinary offer, like a heli ski trip to get me to part with 'em.
    Catch 22
    You’ll really want them for that heli trip
    . . .