Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Who wants a MUSTACHE RIDE?!?
    I vant vone.

I'll vouch for ruletherock...good dude.

I "might" be in for 12s and I'm sure a friend of mine not of the boards would be down for a pair but he's out of the country for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Looks like sfotex's people offer the better deal... nice job, man.

Dynafit TLT Vertical FT Z12 w/ brakes - 247E + ship. = ~$349 USD + ship
    Dynafit TLT Vertical ST w/ brake - 214E+ship = ~$303 USD + ship
    Dynafit TLT Vertical FT w/ brake - 225E+ship. = ~$318 USD + ship
    Dynafit TLT Speed no brake - 171E+ship = ~$242 USD + ship

Ship should be ~50E total to the US = ~$71 USD total shipping

I'll supposedly be hearing back, today, from the shop guy, here... We'll see what happens.

The plot thickens...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

I'm in for one set of FT 12's
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

paging hialtitude.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    Group buys aren't for JONGs. Try contributing something to the community before you swoop in for a deal.
    I don't get this. Isn't it better to have as many confirmed buyers for a GB regardless of their post count? For a GB like this we need as many people as possible.

I will probably wait for Gamma to do one, since he can't resist and can get Comforts, which I think are a better binding. But if you need me to reach critical mass I'll buy a pair of STs for laughs.

Not to hijack the thread but can I ask the FT12 purchasers what the logic is for this purchase? I weigh 240, ski like Borat running over gypsies, and my DIN is fine at 8. What's with 12? Do they kick you off of TGR if you don't ski with a DIN of at least 12? Just curious.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I weigh 240, ski like Borat running over gypsies, and my DIN is fine at 8. What's with 12? Do they kick you off of TGR if you don't ski with a DIN of at least 12? Just curious.
    ha, I laughed.

But yeah, Ive pre-released out of dynafits twice at 10 last season. It may be more for peace of mind than anything else, but peace of mind is worth a lot when you are skiing something where you CANT fall...

Im in for a pair of 12 dins, no brakes needed.
    Last edited by couloirman; 09-09-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I don't get this. Isn't it better to have as many confirmed buyers for a GB regardless of their post count? For a GB like this we need as many people as possible.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    ha, I laughed.

But yeah, Ive pre-released out of dynafits twice at 10 last season. It may be more for peace of mind than anything else, but peace of mind is worth a lot when you are skiing something where you CANT fall...

Im in for a pair of 12 dins.
    curious - did you have the toe piece locked out?
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I will probably wait for Gamma to do one, since he can't resist and can get Comforts, which I think are a better binding. But if you need me to reach critical mass I'll buy a pair of STs for laughs.

Not to hijack the thread but can I ask the FT12 purchasers what the logic is for this purchase? I weigh 240, ski like Borat running over gypsies, and my DIN is fine at 8. What's with 12? Do they kick you off of TGR if you don't ski with a DIN of at least 12? Just curious.
    I just want the newest and coolest thing out there or else I won't feel cool

Seriously, though, the 10 din are more than likely fine, but if the 12 din are available, I figure might as well pick them up. I could use a couple new pairs of dynafits, so I figure try out the ft12's. If I feel they are worth the money, my next pair will be 12's, if I don't feel they're really necessary, I'll probably just get whatever my best deal will be next time.

I do know another guy whose vert st's have released on him a couple times (without the toe locked), so I have seen them give.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
    For AT binding group buys, numbers have not been an issue. Usually more people than the buy can handle want to participate...and the price doesn't get any lower. So, there is actually a reason to be "selective".

I just think it's lame to have any random joe coming in here, getting in on a maggot group buy, then to never be heard from again...or at least not until another maggot group buy comes up that they can benefit from. They never contribute to the community, never become apart of the community...just show up and take when it's convenient for them. I've seen another overseas group buy where the coordinator got hit with an extra customs charge well after the fact...and the JONGs were nowhere to be found to help cover that extra cost.

I'm not claiming to be the perfect maggot. I just thought we were going for something different around here - that seems to be the message if you read the sticky "meet the minions" and the sticky gear swap thread. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my .02

And sure, there's some seriousness to what I'm saying...but there's definitely a tongue-in-cheek component to my hassling...so don't take it too seriously.

I am in for some FT 12s
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

I am in for some FT 12's.

mtskier- you know I can't hear my interwebs pager going off at the new job. Ya gotta give a call homie.

Who's the man?

Comforts with brakes - 167E ~ 235US
    vertical FT 12 (not sure about brakes, I'll find out) - 192E ~ 273US

I kinda figure at this price everyone will go with the FT 12's..

Shipping last time was around $100 or so. I'll pull up last years order and see the total cost.

I am in for a pair of Sfotex's Comforts, hopefully without brakes if that will save money. Otherwise, I will take them with the brakes. Thanks, mag.

Sweet.

Looks like ill be getting a dynifit set up after all. After touring all of last year with dukes and lib tech nas pows it will be nice!!
    dp

I'll actually bump mine up to 2 pairs of ft12's.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

nice work, sfotex. curious - who will you be going through for this? you can PM if it's top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    I am in for a pair of Sfotex's Comforts, hopefully without brakes if that will save money. Otherwise, I will take them with the brakes. Thanks, mag.
    I'll buy your brakes, I need a pair for some comforts I bought with my rei dividend.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    I'm obviously in... whether I get the 12's or comforts is pending whether the 12's come with brakes... solid work, sfotex!!! I'm glad this is coming around...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Sfotex= the man
    Will be glad to help ya out w/ this.
    I myself have no problems w/ jongs getting in on a group buy as long as they're not flipping them for profit elsewhere'
    everybodies a newb/jong at some point.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks for your efforts and keeping us posted. I am curious about the brakes too...

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    I'll buy your brakes, I need a pair for some comforts I bought with my rei dividend.
    Thats fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Sfotex= the man
    Will be glad to help ya out w/ this.
    I myself have no problems w/ jongs getting in on a group buy as long as they're not flipping them for profit elsewhere'
    everybodies a newb/jong at some point.
    yeah, the group buy flip has definitely happened in the past.

and you're right, everyone is a jong at some point - it's just most of the jongs that leech on group buys never move beyond the jong stage to that of a contributor.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post

and you're right, everyone is a jong at some point - it's just most of the jongs that leech on group buys never move beyond the jong stage to that of a contributor.
    And then ya got others who feel the need to "contribute" 10 posts worth of crap a day.
    It's Sfotex or whoever set the buy up call.
    If he wants to add a jong tax or cover shipping in exchange for nakid wife/girlfriend/daughter pics it's up to him.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno