Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    tonight? mooseloaf with mashed potatoes green beans tomatoes and real cornbread made with Martha White, eggs, bacon grease, and salty hifat buttermilk cooked in a cast iron skillet and dripping with unsalted butter

oh, and a salad with romaine and spinach, green O, tomato, cheddar and Parmesan, oil and vinegar, maybe some blueberries

Tonight I made Papusas and fried plantains.

Papusas were filled with:

shredded pork and roasted/ skinned anaheim peppers cooked in a tomato salsa.
    refried black beans
    homemade queso fresco

Fried plantains didn't work out so well. I haven't really looked up a recipe, and they tasted more like potatoes than the sweet tasty banana-like morsels I've had in the past.

I'm finishing it off with a Breckenridge Stout beer float. Yum

Pork chops in a white wine sauce with apples, onions and mushrooms added in.
    Garlic mashed potatoes with a bit of the wine sauce drizzled over top.
    An avocado because it adds color, and more importantly, it was going to go bad.

Browned the chops in butter and olive oil, reduced heat to a simmer, added wine, onions, apples, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. Cooked about 15 minutes per side.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/