Page 58 of 184 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4599
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I was down at maggie's yesterday and was wondering who that was that skied the bushes on jakes.

I guess that was you.
    YEah, those bushes were the suck

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Oh don't get me wrong, those 4 turns on snow looked fun
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Friday set up very nicely and if you were here tomorrow I'm sure we could find something out past Covered Wagon.
    I am looking to go out sometime between Wed and Fri. I have an interview set for tomorrow and need to take care of some shit around the house.

shouldn't you be working?
    If this question was for me; nope. Unemployment sometimes does not suck, but my sugar momma want me to get a job soon...

rain & or freezing rain @ all elevations @ Kirkwood.

top of 6 had 2-3" then rain on then refroze. today was sopping wet. when it clears & freezes we're in for some hard snow.
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post

top of 6 had 2-3" then rain on then refroze. today was sopping wet. when it clears & freezes we're in for some hard snow.
    ah fuck.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Glad to be in Colorado...

Hopefully the sun comes out and melts it a little bit, but then we need a good low temperature dump!!!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Kirkwood got the unlucky. No precip at all at the lake.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

pretty warm today and got a bit wet skiing a lake level shot. still great powder skiing unless you're a wasatch powder snob which u better not be skiing in tahoe. about a 30 degree temp difference between this am and the last 2 mornings. yesterday was pretty incredible given the amount of snow we got due to the wind helping to fill in all the trax. lots of surface hoar yesterday that was a blast to ski and its all gone today thanx to more wind and higher temps. bout time to get up high again after today.

sooooo, hows the coverage in mott/killebrew/fullstone?????

many folks were out over that way and the snow was fantastic. it was very sticky in the trees and there are no trees there.
    I just saw 3 peeps.
    Yeh, I said that it was old heavy pow, not worth hiking for, imho. The skinners I saw weren't that far abobove us, so I'm assuming similar snow. Not many more turns than we were getting, just by traversing.

Yesterday, Fawn Ridge was lovely. Surprisingly soft untracked. Really!
    Well worth the traverse.
    Sunrise Lift stopped, and they said it'd be down for a while, so we missed some but they got it running again
    Any of you the dude (?) in Yellow pants, that sent the cliff chute near Sentinel Bowl late Sunday, urged on by a couple of 'trollers? That was cool, even though you "blew up" on the out run, in the same spot as the 'troller

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

The weekend at Kirkwood was pretty awesome. Spent a part of Saturday morning doing laps out in Palisade with Snowranger (who was ripping it up on his pontoons). Pretty much everything that was out of the wind was sweet. Took a couple of drops down Ski School a bit later, which was soft and friendly. Definitely a good day.

I didn't have all that high of expectations for Sunday, but it ended up being great. Met Squirrel on chair 6 (a FKNA sticker on a set of Bros had him marked as a dude I wanted to ski with) and we hiked out the ridge past Palisade and hit those slopes past the cliff bands. The snow was great all the way down to the road. Two laps on that made for a top notch day.

Good times -- definitely seems like getting a Kirkwood pass was the right decision (recent rain notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Kirkwood got the unlucky. No precip at all at the lake.
    Same at Squaw, drizzling everywhere, trying to freeze half way up Granite, but goggles got plastered and I was soaked after barely an hour. Forgot to bring the Ski-Gee, big mistake
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Boohoo. Guess that's the bad that comes with awesome skiing over the holidays. I got 7 days over 2 weeks with 3 storms. Only lift line I saw was chair 6 for the New Years Eve torch parade. No rocks, no ice, great snow... so far we're way ahead of the last two seasons. All kinds of stuff is open - good in the trees, good out in Palisades. Nothing to do but wait for the big dumps now.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Alpine was... average? today. I experienced iced-over hardpack, chalky windblown, slush, and heavy untracked all in the morning alone on various aspects. Was good enough to pretty much go everywhere off-piste though. Two laps to Estelle and Bernie's, two laps up the High Traverse above Alpine Bowl chair route, one run in Counterweight, one in Our Father, Palisades, Promised Land, Three Sisters, all were decent enough. I was eyeing Idiot's really hard from the morning, line looked tasty all except for the big fracture five feet below the cornice and the fact that the snow looked bullet proof. Didn't try Keyhole either, once I started hiking towards it I just turned right and went for Sherwood. Skied alone all day so motivation to explore wasn't high. Didn't get to meet up with any of the Alpine crew. Snow on the way!

Oh, and, I wish I paid more attention. Today wasn't a blackout day for Kirkwood, so I automatically assumed it wouldn't be for Alpine. Rolled up to Summit ticket checkers with my season pass and they told me to go buy a ticket. GDI!
    nice circut there @ alpine! i hit keyhole on my frst chair up on NYE and it was spec-fugin-tacular! outter outter was also $$, as was plasades. ah, good to make some turms again! saw kidwoo and chili, always nice to see mags at alpine!

well, it looks like the dreaded Jan thaw is upon us...might be time to chase some snow next week

Its not looking like we are getting snow any time soon. Maybe Thursday, lets hope. Maybe some good corn?

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    nice circut there @ alpine! i hit keyhole on my frst chair up on NYE and it was spec-fugin-tacular! outter outter was also $$, as was plasades. ah, good to make some turms again! saw kidwoo and chili, always nice to see mags at alpine!

well, it looks like the dreaded Jan thaw is upon us...might be time to chase some snow next week

Based on my morning findings, you can put a fork in the pow. It's still pretty soft and skiable, but the warmth is upon us. The trees were dropping their loads at dark:30 when it's supposed to be the coldest time of the day!
    Let Juneuary begin.

agreed joe. we found the same on jakes this am. top grand of vert was still winterish but the bottom was elmers glue mank. might not ski tomorrow. was hoping to hear good things from ya bout this am but thats about what i expected to hear.

hey mags need some positive vibes, this tahoe skiing is not what i had envisioned coming from minneapolis. but hey at least you got mountains
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

^^^

tahoe winter corn cycles are nothing out of the ordinary my friend. Enjoy it, because hopefully there wont be corn until spring.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    hey mags need some positive vibes, this tahoe skiing is not what i had envisioned coming from minneapolis. but hey at least you got mountains
    I laugh my ass off everytime a new transplant says something like this in january when it more often than not warms up for a little while.

Happens every friggin year.

You've been here a few weeks. Let's talk in April.

I'm looking for day 5 in my quest for twenty this month. I'm heading to Rose tomorrow if anyone is interested. Send PM or post.

See you tomorrow

okbye

EDIT:
    Or, maybe Squaw. Hopefully VVV is accurate!
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 01-06-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

squaw was surprisingly sweet today.... it's good to be back. tomorrow should have some good corn.

no far east is a pretty big bummer tho...
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    we got over 100' in 2.5 weeks and the BC has be going off for a few weeks now.

How YOU doin....?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoegnar420 View Post
    we got over 100' in 2.5 weeks and the BC has be going off for a few weeks now.

How YOU doin....?
    While I do appreciate your more positive out look this season, we can't go around claiming 100 feet of snow in 2.5 weeks - that is just plain not true. But it has been going off around here and the BC has been great. And now we are turning toward a nice corn cycle that wil also help get rid of that pesky facet layer (I hope), so come spring when the rest of the western snow pack rots and turns to mush we have that beautiful California corn into June.

Me? Doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    While I do appreciate your more positive out look this season, we can't go around claiming 100 feet of snow in 2.5 weeks - that is just plain not true. But it has been going off around here and the BC has been great. And now we are turning toward a nice corn cycle that wil also help get rid of that pesky facet layer (I hope), so come spring when the rest of the western snow pack rots and turns to mush we have that beautiful California corn into June.

Me? Doing great.
    thats 10 Cohee feet

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I am looking to go out sometime between Wed and Fri. I have an interview set for tomorrow and need to take care of some shit around the house.
    Be sure to wear protection. Last interview i went to i caught a nasty case of the job. Still haven't been able to kick it no matter what drugs I take.
    Last edited by **ULLR**; 01-06-2009 at 09:56 PM.