Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2008/2009 Intuition TGR Group Buy

Due to the overwhelming response they've had to tweak the pricing structure for TGR members, check the details below...

Intuition Product Line

Dear TGR forum members,

Intuition Sports has had tremendous positive response to our discount program and we are very appreciative. Recently, we have had discussions with our retail and distribution partners concerning the discount structure offered to the TGR forum. In order to support both consumers and retailers alike we are making a change in the discount pricing structure offered to the TGR forum members effective November 1, 2008.

The new pricing structure is as follows; Intuition Sports liners are offered direct to TGR forum members at a 15% discount off of our suggested retail prices as posted on our website http://www.intuitionliners.com <http://www.intuitionliners.com> . TGR members will now simply enter the PROMO CODE ( TGR15 ) in the check out cart to receive the 15% discount.

Enjoy the season ahead and pray for snow!

All the best from the Intuition Sports Team.
    Contact Intuition with any questions you may have regarding sizing etc. Email in my experience is your best bet:

Intuition Sports Inc.
    #101-1715 Cook Street
    Vancouver BC
    V5Y 3J6 Canada
    Tel: +1 604-879-9231
    Fax: +1 604 879 9232
    info@intuitionsports.com
    Last edited by skibumnh; 02-16-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Nice info here.

Just a word of warning. Make sure your boots are intuition compatible meaning there are no obstructions on the inside of your boot that would impede inserting the liner. I was told by Alison that the powerwrap I ordered would fit in my HotRods, but after losing several nails I figured out that there was NO WAY they would fit.

Contacting Alison for a return was virtually impossible. No customer service after the sale. She basically said tuff shit they don't fit, and they were molded so they aren't returnable...too bad I couldn't figure out they didn't fit before they were molded...

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyFD View Post
    Nice info here.

Just a word of warning. Make sure your boots are intuition compatible meaning there are no obstructions on the inside of your boot that would impede inserting the liner. I was told by Alison that the powerwrap I ordered would fit in my HotRods, but after losing several nails I figured out that there was NO WAY they would fit.

Contacting Alison for a return was virtually impossible. No customer service after the sale. She basically said tuff shit they don't fit, and they were molded so they aren't returnable...too bad I couldn't figure out they didn't fit before they were molded...
    you fucked up.

You can fit them in any boot if you know what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

my wife snowboards (it is what it is) but her boot liners are getting packed out, he current liners lace in side like many do, would these still work as replacements for those and just using the exterior laces to tighten the boot?

thanks

edit: first question answered
    Last edited by CDubz; 08-25-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Nice info here.
    Did you ever try bringing them to a shop that has all the tools and expertise to mold and fit them? If you heat them out of the boot, you usually need a big shoe horn and some silicone spray to help them slide right in. Besides that its definitely a two man job. I think if you have the right size liners for your boot, they can be made to fit. You got the liners at a discount, spend a few extra bucks to have them correctly molded if you are having trouble doing it yourself.

Nice work skibumnh.

I'm interested to hear the reports from other people that purchased last year: Did you mold them yourself following the method posted here? Did you get them done at a shop? Footbeds, socks, liners, toecaps? Did they help those with cold feet? Overall suggestions/reviews?

Looks like Hi Tempo in White Bear Lake will mold them; anyone know of any other shops in the Minneapolis metro area?
    Last edited by birdboatboy; 08-25-2008 at 05:27 PM.

sweetness glad to see this is still going as i need a new pr of liners for the adrenelines

Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    you fucked up.

You can fit them in any boot if you know what you're doing.
    Before you shoot your ignorant mouth off how about ask WHY they did not fit.

The heel pocket in the hot rod is very narrow and very deep which is great for people with that type of foot. There are two bolts behind the achilles that make the boot solid. Several shops I called and brought them to said the same thing: We'll need to grind out that heel pocket and remove the bolts. So they CAN fit, but why would I want a soft boot with intuition liners.

The reason I wanted them was because the stock liners are paper thin in the toes and thus ridiculously cold.

So they will "fit" any boot. It's just a matter of how little boot you want left.

Quote Originally Posted by CDubz View Post
    my wife snowboards (it is what it is) but her boot liners are getting packed out, he current liners lace in side like many do, would these still work as replacements for those and just using the exterior laces to tighten the boot?

thanks

edit: first question answered
    CDubz,

Im replacing lace up liners in my Tele boots. If all of the boot's support comes from the external lacing (which is almost always the case) then there is an intuition liner that will work for you. Shoot Alison an email at info@intuitionsports.com with all of the required info above and she will help you find the right liners for your snowboard boots.

regardless of whether or not they have a solid product, their customer service is crap. i tried to make an appointment with her last year and it took three weeks (one per email.... these guys are slow). in the end she just dropped out of contact even though i said i could drive by any time, any day of the week and would make time for her. for some reason they were unable to just have a 29.0 power wrap ready and needed to do some stuff to it beforehand/fit me.

anyways, no hate on them, i did get a pair of liners through gamma and as soon as the swiss sports haus reopens i'll be getting them fitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    regardless of whether or not they have a solid product, their customer service is crap. i tried to make an appointment with her last year and it took three weeks (one per email.... these guys are slow). in the end she just dropped out of contact even though i said i could drive by any time, any day of the week and would make time for her. for some reason they were unable to just have a 29.0 power wrap ready and needed to do some stuff to it beforehand/fit me.

anyways, no hate on them, i did get a pair of liners through gamma and as soon as the swiss sports haus reopens i'll be getting them fitted.
    Yeah communications is sparce, but I guess thats in line with feedback from last season's buy. I figured I could get a jump by starting the order process in August.

Skibum,, know of any shops in the granite state that will fit these? I am way too lame to try it myself.
    Battle lines being drawn, nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong, old people speaking their minds, getting so much resistance from behind.

Before you shoot your ignorant mouth off how about ask WHY they did not fit.

The heel pocket in the hot rod is very narrow and very deep which is great for people with that type of foot. There are two bolts behind the achilles that make the boot solid. Several shops I called and brought them to said the same thing: We'll need to grind out that heel pocket and remove the bolts. So they CAN fit, but why would I want a soft boot with intuition liners.

The reason I wanted them was because the stock liners are paper thin in the toes and thus ridiculously cold.

So they will "fit" any boot. It's just a matter of how little boot you want left.
    Before you "shoot off your ignorant mouth" you should ask me (a) how many intuitions I've molded and (b) how many times I've molded intuition liners specifically for high end Nordica boots.

It has everything to do with how you mold them...you can make the liner FUCKING THIN. I have some paper thin liners because they were molded like a race boot. Don't blame Intuition for the fact that you're either in the wrong fitting boot or you're a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

I would be in for sure...

you can make the liner FUCKING THIN

If you're gigantor you can do ANYTHING.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

I emailed SVST -- Intuition's US distributor -- and asked what shops near me were certified, then called and made an appointment.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    Skibum,, know of any shops in the granite state that will fit these? I am way too lame to try it myself.
    Intuition Dealers via SVST (Thanks AlpineDad) http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,11.645508&z=7

I'm assuming if they are a dealer, they can fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    sweetness glad to see this is still going as i need a new pr of liners for the adrenelines
    Need the same exact thing....I also already contacted Allison. All is well the above listed deal is definitely in effect....$140 new liners shipped. NICE...

Should stiffen up the adrenalines a little.

CDLV...hope to see you up at the Bird again this season...this time NO AVI's...

Quote Originally Posted by cl1953 View Post
    Fire on the Mountain knows how to do them and has the newest heater. They did mine and it worked great.

Before you "shoot off your ignorant mouth" you should ask me (a) how many intuitions I've molded and (b) how many times I've molded intuition liners specifically for high end Nordica boots.

It has everything to do with how you mold them...you can make the liner FUCKING THIN. I have some paper thin liners because they were molded like a race boot. Don't blame Intuition for the fact that you're either in the wrong fitting boot or you're a pussy.

Wow you went from cunting this thread up to dick waving...I've never seen that happen so fast before.

First, you need to chill. I'm not sure why you take it personally when the liners don't work exactly right. They won't fit without work on the boot plastic and shaving of the liner. This is what both shops AND intuition sports told me.

Our liners are designed to work with most ski and snowboard boots, however there are times when the shells will need work to make the liner fit. The liner is highly moldable when heated properly and will fit most boot types, but may not fit correctly if there has been extensive work done on the boot or if there are sharp or tight spots in the shell.
    Once the liners are molded they are not returnable.
    From info@intuitionsports.com

So calm the fuck down and stop pretending you know everything. These liners still kick ass and work well in my other boots and some friends boots who I molded them for. They just didn't work well for my HotRods which fit my feet perfectly with the stock liners.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    CDubz,

Im replacing lace up liners in my Tele boots. If all of the boot's support comes from the external lacing (which is almost always the case) then there is an intuition liner that will work for you. Shoot Alison an email at info@intuitionsports.com with all of the required info above and she will help you find the right liners for your snowboard boots.
    ^^^thanks I'll do that!

i have a pair of power wraps due in my mailbox today...
    thanks for putting the map up alpinedad/skibumnh - will likely have mine professionally done at alpine options (near sugarbush) when i head north for some pre-season earned runs.
    will report back on my results...
    good to see the TGR deal renewed this year.

Has anybody else had problems with intuitions in HotRods? I was thinking about getting some new liners for my hotrods. Sounds like they may not work very well. But I would like to hear it from more then one person before I make up my mind. I sure would like to get some if they will work.
    Last edited by UTpowder; 08-26-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    There are two bolts behind the achilles that make the boot solid. Several shops I called and brought them to said the same thing: We'll need to grind out that heel pocket and remove the bolts. So they CAN fit, but why would I want a soft boot with intuition liners.
    You were fed a huge line of shit by bootfitters that didn't know their head from their asses. I've been skiing in the Hotrod with Intuitions with the bolts, and no grinding for two years. Clearly they didn't know wtf they were doing. Not to brag, but I've been skiing in Intuitions for about 9 years now, and fit hundreds of intuitions. Virtually the only issue you can have with them not working in a shell is if you have the wrong size. I even ski with a size 9 intuition in a size 8 shell to make it a tighter fit. You'd essentially have to have ordered a liner two sizes to big in order for it not to work. But you'd never have to "remove the bolts."

Edit: Griz, just re-read your post. So yeah, maybe for your foot shape it wouldn't work, everyone's different. However the way you made it sound was a blanket statement that the liners don't work in Hotrods.
    Last edited by kiedaisch; 08-26-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Has anybody else had problems with intuitions in HotRods? I was thinking about getting some new liners for my hotrods. Sounds like they may not work very well. But I would like to hear it from more then one person before I make up my mind. I sure would like to get some if they will work.

No, and just so you get an idea of how well they can work... take a look inside the shell. Super smooth with nothing to get hung up on. It's an ideal boot for an intuition. Buy the liners with confidence.