Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

formula 1 maggots

anyone else enjoy getting up at 7:30 on a sunday morning to resume drinking and cranking up the 5.1 to watch the fastest cars on earth race ?
    Yesterday was Valencia Spain, a new street course ( like Monaco but brand new) and sorry for the spoiler but a brasilian won, verry fun race to watch.
    Formula 1 makes me wanna go ski fast.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I thought the race was kind of boring. Kind of funny seeing all the empty seats after Alonso got rear ended and had to retire on the first lap. Ferrari is a mess right now. Between the two pit-stop debacles and a second blown motor in as many races, McLaren is making them look stupid. Looking forward to Monza next month.

Isn't this what DVR is for? I like F1, but only at my preferred times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    Isn't this what DVR is for? I like F1, but only at my preferred times.
    Fresh bread, or day old?
    Thrill or convenience?
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

So auto racing is more thrilling 3 hours earlier in the day? I can see that if I was 3 hours late to the stands in Valencia or 3 hours late to my friend's house where an F1 party is being held I might have a problem, but seeing a broadcast X hours later in the comfort of my living room doesn't change the content or experience.

lewis=cheater
    http://www.formula1.com/
    kimi rules,massa is ok but louie hamilton needs a beatin'

man the end of that race was completely insane. i knew once it started to rain the shit would really hit the fan. unfortunately for the leaders it started with only a couple laps left, so they really had no time to pit and change tires. kimi has to be absolutely devastated. he was the fastest car by far and really, really needed that win. that's now 2 dnfs in a row & massa has clearly become the #1. i'm still really surprised hamilton was penalized 25 seconds. i'm down with any decision that fucks over hamilton and mclaren, i'm just not sure it will stick on appeal. after yesterdays shitshow monza should be absolutely nuts.

Spa put Valencia to shame. Real tracks are getting scarce when $ talks.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Ferrari International Assistance strike again. what a farcical post-ending decision to ruin such a good race.
    Last edited by f2f; 09-08-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ass-to-mouth View Post
    he was the fastest car by far and really, really needed that win.
    Hamilton made up 6.5 seconds in the third stint on his prime tires over Kimi - so he may have had the fastest car up until the third stint, but not after that.

Yes, I agree he needed the win, but it sure sucks for the fans when it smells like Ferrari bought the FIA.

There was some extremely aggressive driving after Hamilton closed the gap on Kimi. Both of them were doing some silly things. But Hamilton did exactly what the rules stipulate in the situation in question. He was trying a (dodgy) pass on Kimi and got pushed off. Instead of pushing back and crashing them both or running over the curb and destroying the underside of his car he drove through the area designated for those that miss the chicane. When he came out in front of Kimi he immediately lifted and let Kimi pass back in front. This is EXACTLY what he was supposed to do in this situation. But he got penalized 25 seconds - why?

Hamilton made up 6.5 seconds in the third stint on his prime tires over Kimi - so he may have had the fastest car up until the third stint, but not after that.

I haven't seen a replay of the race, but from what I remeber the rain had more to do with Hamilton catching up to Kimi then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Spa put Valencia to shame. Real tracks are getting scarce when $ talks.
    after watching it on replay a couple of time, valencia really was an absolute bore. monza is the last great speed track.

I agree Hamilton was robbed. And, more than that, it's IMO bad politics to punish aggressive driving, when real duels are so scarce.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

i initially thought the incident to be investigated was kimi weaving and blocking in front of hamilton right after the chicane and the start-final straight.

i was holding on for kimi to win for the entire duration of the race. bitterly dissapointed that he didn't, but handing the win to massa simply because hamilton was squeezed out and had no choice but to take the escape route is just plain silly.

What a load of crap, FIA screwed this one up.

Have to say that that finish was the most exciting finish to any race I've seen in a long time.

as much as I wanted kimi to win spa again, hamilton did get screwed.
    such a ballsy track and a ballsy race
    http://www.williamsf1.com/multimedia/video/45

EVERY single youtube clip is gone ! WTF ?
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party.
    Last edited by willywhit; 09-08-2008 at 10:19 AM.

So WillyWhit... Does Hamilton need a beatin' or was he screwed?

Maybe he should hang out with Max - that way he could have both.

there's an online petition you can sign if you believe max mosley is an arsehole:

http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html

elsewhere, on F1 Jeopardy:

A: Nazi Hookers and Hamilton
    Q: Who does Max Mosley like to screw?

He didn't completely give up the advantage gained from straightlining the chicane. Which was silly beacuse he was clearly going to pass Kimi that lap.

Considering Kimi's weaving and the fact that he later threw it off the road the whole thing was kind of a wash. Since the penalty should have been a stop 'n go there may not be anyway McClaren can appeal or it be otherwise overturned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The ruling is solid. Hamilton gave the lead back but in such a manner that it was not level with where he was prior to cutting the corner. The real shame is that it may or may not have had a bearing on Kimi's crash and Masa who was a non factor in the race ends up winning.

i don't know what "completely give up the advantage" would entail in this case. giving five car lengths? stopping on the track? crashing into the wall?

regardless of how cocky the brat may be, hamilton is one smart driver. he outplayed kimi before the chicane, at the chicane and at the hairpin following. i give him that. on the slow replay you can see hamilton committed to the turn until it was obvious that kimi will push him on the grass, then a light went on and he took the escape route. the trick (and the speedtv commentators were shouting exactly that during the ordeal) was to stay in his slipstream after giving back the position. he did exactly that. clever chap. i dislike him and yesterday's result did not give me pleasure, but i think i'm being objective.

not the cleanest race (including kimi's pass on massa and hamilton in the first lap), and i'd love to hear nigel roebuck's take on this...

So WillyWhit... Does Hamilton need a beatin' or was he screwed?

Maybe he should hang out with Max - that way he could have both.

first he's gonna shit, then he gonna kill us.......

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3649197.ece

He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    i don't know what "completely give up the advantage" would entail in this case. giving five car lengths? stopping on the track? crashing into the wall?

regardless of how cocky the brat may be, hamilton is one smart driver. he outplayed kimi before the chicane, at the chicane and at the hairpin following. i give him that. on the slow replay you can see hamilton committed to the turn until it was obvious that kimi will push him on the grass, then a light went on and he took the escape route. the trick (and the speedtv commentators were shouting exactly that during the ordeal) was to stay in his slipstream after giving back the position. he did exactly that. clever chap. i dislike him and yesterday's result did not give me pleasure, but i think i'm being objective.

not the cleanest race (including kimi's pass on massa and hamilton in the first lap), and i'd love to hear nigel roebuck's take on this...
    Seconded on all counts.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70443

Whitmarsh said: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'.

"If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis's actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to repass for a second time."

Hamilton: "I came out of the second apex in front of Kimi and so I momentarily lifted-off on the straight, to ensure that Kimi got back in front. The team also came on the radio and instructed me to allow Kimi to repass, which I had already done. As a result, Kimi crossed the start/finish line ahead of me and 6.7 km/h quicker than me.

finally downloaded the torrent and watched Spa.....

WHAT THE FUCK??!?!

how the hell is passing some one on THE LEFT , then DRIVING BEHIND THEM and passing ON THE RIGHT not giving a place back?

Do you have to give Mosley a reach around for it to count or something?!

fucking ridiculous....