Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1871
    Haven't watched a race in more time than I can remember, but what a Mercedes fuckup. Laughable!

And probably won't watch for the foreseeable future.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

formula 1 maggots

Was the puncture their fault? Which sports do you watch if an error by a competitor/teams leads you to stop watching?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...r/4922278/amp/

I agree with the premise of this article. Have to see how Russell does in the race itself but if he places on the podium or wins, does it call into question Hamilton’s abilities? If you could plug numerous drivers into his car and they podium, how much better is he than the field vs Mercedes being clearly a better car?

It doesn't call into question Hamilton's abilities at all.

Russell is widely regarded as a future world champ. He won GP3 and F2 titles in his first seasons. Dismantled Kubica last year. Alonso just described him as the most impressive young driver in the field.

He did this weekend what Hamilton did on his debut with Mclaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Was the puncture their fault? Which sports do you watch if an error by a competitor/teams leads you to stop watching?
    Nothing to do with the puncture. It was putting the wrong tires on Russell's car, the brakes on Bottas's car catching fire when they realized the mistake, Russel having a second pit stop and Bottas having to stay on his used tires because Russell used them for a lap. < hilarious shitshow
    And the huge difference in lap times between the teams leading to parade racing is still the same ol boring crap it's been for years. < the real reason

Edit; It's like Hammies crew fucked it up on purpose just so Russell wouldn't win. [<this]
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Haven't watched a race in more time than I can remember, but what a Mercedes fuckup. Laughable!

And probably won't watch for the foreseeable future.
    I’m with you. Imagine if that happened to Hamilton. There’s rumors of Wolff torpedoing Russell before the race and now this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It doesn't call into question Hamilton's abilities at all.

Russell is widely regarded as a future world champ. He won GP3 and F2 titles in his first seasons. Dismantled Kubica last year. Alonso just described him as the most impressive young driver in the field.

He did this weekend what Hamilton did on his debut with Mclaren.
    Correct - I wasn't referring to the article saying that, just posing my own question that it gives the optics of diminishing Hamilton's achievements if many of the drivers could accomplish the same thing with the Mercedes cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Nothing to do with the puncture. It was putting the wrong tires on Russell's car, the brakes on Bottas's car catching fire when they realized the mistake, Russel having a second pit stop and Bottas having to stay on his used tires because Russell used them for a lap. < hilarious shitshow
    And the huge difference in lap times between the teams leading to parade racing is still the same ol boring crap it's been for years. < the real reason

Edit; It's like Hammies crew fucked it up on purpose just so Russell wouldn't win. [<this]
    This has happened before to many crews, including Mercedes, when double stacking cars, especially when its last minute for a safety car. Could it have been planned? Sure. But, Russell was looking like winning even after the pit-stop mishap until the puncture so it wasn't a thorough job of it if it was intentional.

Anyways, an exciting race, in my opinion. Human error is part of it and what makes it exciting - never know what's going to happen.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Human error is part of it and what makes it exciting - never know what's going to happen.

better than seeing Hammy win again and again and again.

like that time the snowboarder chick borrowed shiffrin's skis and spanked everyone.
    skills are skills.

my buddy races a Mustang GT, scca race at Loudon. we decided to swap hoosiers last minute for the last race. he was in contention. Somehow, his hand slips and catches some metal on the lugs and lays his thumb open, bad. Bleeding, needs a few stitches. dude, wrap it. it's gonna throb and suck but you can't pussy out. I finish swapping the tires and he tapes it up. get him down to the grid and he kills it , again. that's racing, kids. shit happens. like life. surf, or fight.
    I should dig up some pics of the mayhem at the track. Racing is a blast
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I'd say it's 60% car and 40% driver. I'd bet half the F1 drivers could put LH cars on the pole

There's no way in hell Mercedes did anything intentional in that pit stop. Toto even dropped an F bomb in the post race interview
    With lap times under 1 minute there's less time for pit stops than usual, and they came in too close together

From what I got, Russell got the proper tires, but one of Russell's tires got put on Bottas's car

Big show is great but local tracks are so fun.

F1 is a bit over the top.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-210624.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	351727Name:  Screenshot_20201121-080519.jpeg
Views: 590
Size:  54.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-210937.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	351729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-210914.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	351731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-210721.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	351732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201117-210840.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	351734

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Seems like Rosberg began his run on Hamilton after the latter had wrapped up the driver’s championship in the prior season. Then continued his run the next season, negotiated a fat contract (with the help of Gerard Berger), went on to win the championship only to immediately retire due to the mental strain he put himself under to beat Hamilton. Schumacher was getting beat by everyone and trying to do too much when he was at Mercedes iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    From what I got, Russell got the proper tires, but one of Russell's tires got put on Bottas's car
    I believe russel got 2 of Bottas’ tires, which is why they had to bring him back in, and Bottas got russel’s tires put on but they pulled them off and put his old ones back on (pretty sure regarding this last part as there is radio audio out there of them explaining it to him and Bottas was understandably pissed - also explains why he was so slow at the end because his tires were so old). I’m no expert and don’t understand why but I suppose the tires are different somehow or else they would have just let them both run. Or each car may have been down to their last compound option and perhaps they were running different compounds and couldn’t run the other car’s due to regulations? Maybe someone with more knowledge could chip in on that aspect?

Stoked for thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201210-030859_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	352203

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Hamilton back.

Bummed, wanted to see Russell get another race in the Merc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Hamilton back.

Bummed, wanted to see Russell get another race in the Merc.
    Can't he try Bottas' car ?

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    Can't he try Bottas' car ?
    ^^^LOL!

I remember thinking Bottas might challenge Hamilton when he took Rosberg’s seat. Figured he had some nice drives in the Williams, some nice drives in the wet iirc. I was wrong.

Kimi is the only person in F1 that is grounded in reality.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Looking good for McLaren.

And F1 wonder why folks can find it boring ?

• Roundy, roundy, round.
    • Safety car. Everyone (except Ferrari) in for hard tires so they don't have to stop again.
    • Roundy, roundy, round.
    • Finish.
    • End of season.

Yawn.
    Last edited by truckeelocal; 12-14-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    And F1 wonder why folks can find it boring ?

• Roundy, roundy, round.
    • Safety car. Everyone (except Ferrari) in for hard tires so they don't have to stop again.
    • Roundy, roundy, round.
    • Finish.
    • End of season.

Yawn.
    . The cars need clean air to be fast. Illustrated by Verstappen and Ricciardo at Baku. They should be drivable (at least the tires should hold up) in dirty air.

And drs anytime anywhere.

zoom zoom