Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1871
    I’m not talking about Tom Brady either.

Though he is still killing it too. Super bowl and stuff.

Time to take a close look at yer diet.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Though he is still killing it too. Super bowl and stuff.
    Have you been into the glue again?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Or just continue to be mediocre.

I ran out. You have any more?

I’m going to come visit you one of these days. I almost did today.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    I’m going to come visit you one of these days. I almost did today.
    We were skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Friday, May 7th: Formula 1 - Spain FP1 5:25 AM ESPN2 - FP2 8:55 AM ET ESPNU
    Saturday, May 8th: Formula 1 - Spain FP3 5:55 AM ET - Qualifying 8:55 AM ET ESPN2
    Formula E - Monaco 9:30 AM ET CBSSN
    Sunday, May 9th: Formula 1 - Spain Grand Prix Sunday 7:30 AM ET ESPN
    Formula 1 Grand Prix of Spain 8:55 AM ET ESPN
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

The wife chuckled when I told her, (the guy she calls "that pretty man") y'know, Lewis, the driver for MB...he has now sat atop 100 poles...she actually lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    The wife chuckled when I told her, (the guy she calls "that pretty man") y'know, Lewis, the driver for MB...he has now sat atop 100 poles...she actually lol'd.
    100 Poles
    not a big Hammy fan boy, but ya gotta admit how amazing he is
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...wTEkiSQoh.html

Up earlyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210519-181132_Gmail.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	375144

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

caught FP 1 missed the second one

Formula 1 Monaco FP3 5:55 AM ET - Qualifying 8:55 AM ET ESPN2
    INDYCAR - Indianapolis 500 Qualifying Day 1 2:00 PM ET NBC - 3:00 PM ET NBCSN
    MotoAmerica - Virginia Race 1 3:00 PM ET FS2

Saturday, May 22nd: WorldSBK - Aragon TBA NBCSN

BONUS !
    According to Michaël Morel, of the WorldSBK Media Department, NBC Sports will broadcast 6 rounds in 2021. However their programming is still TBA. If you really want to watch the Pirelli Aragon Round, you better subscribe to VIDEOPASS.

WorldSBK races on Saturday and Sunday both races start at 2:00 PM local time in Spain.

https://racer.com/2021/05/21/f1-open...9b00-274237977

Formula 1 is open to looking at what it can do to improve the Monaco Grand Prix but is wary of spoiling the special challenge it already delivers, according to Ross Brawn.

Lewis Hamilton said ahead of this weekend’s race that he feels the event needs to change, adding, “We’ve had the same format for years — it’s the best venue and it is the most beautiful place we get to race at but you already know that it’s never exciting for fans.”

F1’s managing director of motorsports Brawn says it’s an understandable take on the racing side of things and that discussions are held about what could improve the sporting spectacle, but insists the sport will be cautious with any changes it looks into.

MORE FORMULA 1!
    Leclerc takes Monaco GP pole for Ferrari...then crashes
    that is one way to secure a pole

Viva La France
    Friday, June 18th: Formula 1 - France FP1 5:25 AM ET ESPN2 - FP2 8:55 AM ET ESPNU
    Saturday, June 19th: Formula 1 - France FP3 5:55 AM ET - Qualifying 8:55 AM ET ESPN2
    Formula E - Mexico Race 1 4:30 PM ET CBSSN
    SRX - Nashville 8:00 PM ET CBS CBS
    Sunday, June 20th: INDYCAR - Road America Qualifying (6/19) 12:00 AM ET NBCSN
    Formula 1 - France Grand Prix Sunday 7:30 AM ET ESPN
    Formula 1 Emirates Grand Prix De France 2021 8:55 AM ET ESPN
    INDYCAR - Road America 12:00 PM NBCSN
    Formula E - Mexico Race 2 4:30 PM ET CBSSN
    MotoGP - Germany 11:30 PM ET NBCSN
    FORMULA 1 - Vive La France! The local hero is Pierre Gasly, who finished on the podium last time out in Azerbaijan. Gasly and Charles Leclerc staged an epic battle for the final podium position, which went to the French AlphaTauri driver. He talked about that fight and heading to his home Grand Prix with momentum on his side.

Pierre Gasly: "The entire race was really full on, we managed to keep up with the guys ahead but from the middle of the race we had an engine issue and we started to lose some power in the straight, so I knew it was going to be hard until the end, but we managed to hold on to P4. After the restart I thought that Charles would pass me on the straight because we had lost performance, but I saw the podium ahead of me and I tried everything, I just wanted it so badly. It was hard but fair racing, just as we like it. The car was incredible all weekend, it felt really good, and it’s just a fantastic result for the whole team. I’m really pleased to reward them with a podium. Moving forward to France, we need to analyze what went well and see how we can use these learnings at the next race. It’s my home race so I really want to do well there."
    Gasly isn't the only hometown hero in this weekend's French GP. The French Alpine F1 Team is the de facto Renault Factory team and has just inked Frenchman Esteban Ocon to a new multi-year deal ahead of his home race.

Esteban Ocon: "It feels like so long ago since I lined up for my home Grand Prix in France, so I’m very much ready and looking forward to doing that once again this weekend. Obviously, I wasn’t racing in 2019 and, last year, there wasn’t a French Grand Prix, so I definitely have extra motivation and energy coming into this race. I think everyone in the team is desperate for a good race on home soil, and we’ll be working hard to do just that. It’s the south of France, nice weather, fans in the grandstands and the fastest cars in the world…I can’t wait!"

The previous two races were held on street circuits in MOnaco and Baku. The French Grand Prix means returning to a more traditional circuit at Paul Ricard. Most of the track has been resurfaced for F1's return in 2021 and many of the corners have been very reconfigured. However, the layout of the circuit remains the same.

The colored stripes off-line make up a high-grip asphalt run-off system that replaces traditional gravel traps. Both colors use a mix of asphalt and tungsten to create an abrasive surface that helps slow the cars down if they go off track. However, the abrasion level is different, depending on the color. The 'Blue Zone' isn't as abrasive and is only mildly punishing, but the 'Red Zone' - close to the barriers - is much more abrasive and effective at slowing down the cars.

The Circuit Paul Ricard has a real mixture of corner types, with a range of high, medium and low-speed corners, which make it such a popular and useful test track. These are more equally distributed through the first and third sectors, but the second sector is dominated by the long back straight, which is intersected by a tight chicane.

The French Grand Prix is traditionally a one-stop race, partly due to low degradation but also because of the heavy time-loss in the pits. Drivers will lose roughly 24 seconds to a stop, which is three seconds more than last time out in Baku, and Monaco's 20 second pit delta time.

Another reason that the race is likely to be a one-stopper is due to the Pirelli compounds. The Italian manufacturer is bringing its mid-range C2, C3 and C4 tires to France. It’s one step harder than the last two Grands Prix (Monaco and Baku), and the lack of tire degradation means the quickest race strategy is a single stop.

The long and gradually tightening Turn 11 is where the highest g-forces are registered at Paul Ricard, with drivers experiencing 4.9g through there. Of all the tracks on the 2021 F1 schedule, Circuit Paul Ricard has the highest average track temperature (122°F) and second-highest maximum track temperature (131°F).Weekend weather for Le Castellet, France sees mid to upper 80s for Friday and Saturday. On race day, sunny skies will give way to overcast conditions, with temperatures close to 80 with a 70% chance of precipitation.
    The last two races were won by Red Bull Racing, but if history be the judge, look for Mercedes to strike back in France. Since F1 returned to Paul Ricard, Mercedes have been dominant at the French venue. In fact, no other team has led any session other than Mercedes at the circuit in that time, which translates to a clean sweep from FP1 to the race in both 2018 and 2019. Mercedes have also taken a pair of front row lock-outs too.

The Emirates Grand Prix De France is on Sunday, June 20th. Pre-race coverage from Circuit Paul Ricard begins at 7:30 AM Eastern on ESPN.

USGP tickets are on sale for the race on October 24th at Austin's Circuit of The Americas. All tickets include access to the Germania Insurance Super Stage Festival Lawn for the concert. For more info and to score tickets for Austin go to COTA.

Pretty ho-hum F1 season thus far. Trade Merc dominance for Redbull yawn

Indycar season has been lit so far. Palou Vs Pato- Who y'all got?

I tried watching Indy again this year, the novelty of Jimmy Johnson drew me in. It's been awful for 20 years

idk bro, this is probably the best season since the split happened with the level of parity , hello winning number 4 at indy , and the emergence of the next generation .

I'll give you that. I still hate TG with a passion for fucking over Indy. CART rocked tho. The promotion company that that worked with Indy when IZOD was a sponsor, worked with the American Power Boat Association and did nothing for them but make them poorer

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'll give you that. I still hate TG with a passion for fucking over Indy. CART rocked tho. The promotion company that that worked with Indy when IZOD was a sponsor, worked with the American Power Boat Association and did nothing for them but make them poorer
    Have you checked out the book "Indy Split" by John Oreovicz? Really great narrative on the history of the sport from 1946 to the present. Covers the original split between USAC-Cart and the subsequent split in 1996 between the IRL and CART.

My family is tied to the Hulmans so I grew up during the split in a very pro IRL family. We are multi-generational 500 attendees going back to the late 50s. With that said, TG was flawed in his decision, despite my belief he had the best intentions.

CART in 1996-2000 was probably the best racing series to ever exist. However, the manufactures had too much power and CART had too much hubris which led to its downfall,

Ideally , TG would have started a super team in 1995 with Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Tommy Kendall (using funds he would have spent on the IRL) which would have dominated CART and given him a voting seat on the board. He would have been able to build the political capital to ensure the 500 was permanently enshrined as the hallmark of the Indycar calendar and would have helped influence the pathway of USAC/Sprint Car guys to the top racing series in the country,

We all know happened and its taken almost 25 years for the sport to be in a position of healthy, sustainable growth. This is probably the first season since the split to see major gains in TV ratings and attendance - TV ratings are up like 30% yoy and are within the realm of many Nascar races, while attendance at all races outside of Texas have been very healthy.

If you love CART, theres no reason you shouldn't love the Indycar of today. Especially with the new chassis/engine package coming in 2023 and the leadership of Roger Penske. I am too young to truly appreciate CART in the mid 90s, however as a student of F1 and Indycar Racing, the current package, drivers, and schedule is as close as you are going to get.