Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    I've lived through the deaths of favorite drivers I grew up watching like Dan Wheldon, Greg Moore, and Scott Brayton.

However, after hearing the perspective of my father and grandfather who have been Open Wheel Racing fans for their entire lives, you realize that racing will never be 100% safe and if it were completely sterile in that regard no one would watch.

Drivers like Senna, Schumacher, Zanardi, Dario, Foyt, Mario, JR Rutherford, Dan Gurney all reached mythic status because they risked it all knowing the full dangers of the endeavor they competed in.

No one wants to see anyone die, but you can't emasculate the intrinsic nature of open wheel racing that makes people care and feel passion and that is the implication that these modern day gladiators could be gone in any instant.

Thats not to say we should eschew safety innovations like the SAFER barrier, Hans Device, etc. Those don't tarnish the heritage of open cockpit, open wheel racing. The Halo Does. The proposed Indycar AeroScreen does not. F1 should have spent more time refining the aeroscreen outside of a few half assed test sessions with Red Bull and Ferrari. It respects the heritage of the sport.
    Good thing your retarded opinion is a very small minority of normal thinking people.

Halo or not, going 200 mph is inherently dangerous. To not use easy simple devices to make sure the driver doesn't die, like from a first turn late braking rear ender, is just fucking stupid.

Location SLC, avatar tRump profile. Common sense isn't in his vocabulary....

Maybe F1 racers should wear an extra layer of magic underwear and pray before each race
    Last edited by k2skier112; 08-28-2018 at 09:58 PM.

formula 1 maggots

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Good thing your retarded opinion is a very small minority of normal thinking people.

Halo or not, going 200 mph is inherently dangerous. To not use easy simple devices to make sure the driver doesn't die, like from a first turn lake braking rear ender, is just fucking stupid.
    Word. Additionally, you were a racing driver at one point, right?

I mean, might as well watch gladiators eh?

F All the other safety initiatives we’ve made since the GLORY DAYS! Across society too.

Just hydroplanes and runabouts, 1985-2014.. I had a short stint for a season in motocross and a couple of years on 3 wheelers.

We went from wearing tee shirts, shorts, flip flops and open face helmets to full Kevlar pants, Kevlar sleeves, Kevlar life jacket with ballistic lining and stringent DOT and Snell requirements on helmets.
    Boats got tethered kill switches, min cockpit side impact spec, and classes over 100 mph (ish) were required to have a full capsule. Then hydros had to have large radius's on the pickle tips...Many more, that's just off the top of my head.

Just hydroplanes and runabouts, 1985-2014.. I had a short stint for a season in motocross and a couple of years on 3 wheelers.

We went from wearing tee shirts, shorts, flip flops and open face helmets to full Kevlar pants, Kevlar sleeves, Kevlar life jacket with ballistic lining and stringent DOT and Snell requirements on helmets.
    Boats got tethered kill switches, min cockpit side impact spec, and classes over 100 mph (ish) were required to have a full capsule. Then hydros had to have large radius's on the pickle tips...Many more, that's just off the top of my head.
    Right on. Point being- if you’re going to talk about it, take a clue from someone who’s walked about it. I’ve never met a racer or ex-racer against driver safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Right on. Point being- if you’re going to talk about it, take a clue from someone who’s walked about it. I’ve never met a racer or ex-racer against driver safety.
    well you ain't never met AJ Foyt then

He sounds senile. Maybe I don’t want to.

FIA mandated safer helmets....

The first race-ready version of Formula 1’s new ballistic-tested helmet concept that all drivers must use next season has been unveiled by Italian company Stilo.

No doubt some will think this an unnecessary step away for gladiators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...168306/?nrt=86

It’s happening

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Monza FP2 today

Too safe... apparently.

wow Maybe F1 should stop racing on natural terrain road courses. 2nd race in a row where they cant keep the cars from flying

wow Maybe F1 should stop racing on natural terrain road courses. 2nd race in a row where they cant keep the cars from flying
    makes absolutely no sense, trump fan 4 sure...

Kimi!

That was quite the qualifying session.

Pretty cool promotional video by Mercedes. Aldo Costa Mercedes engineering director drives one of his F1 cars at Imola.

Amazing F2 feature race at Monza today too.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 09-01-2018 at 01:24 PM.

What a great race. So close for Kimi. Hamilton was pretty special today though, hunted him down mercilessly.

And what was Vettel thinking!

Let Hamilton go through and just get him with the double tow.. he got a case of the red mist again.

Indy cars are ugly as fuck. They look like a cross from the 1970's and an aero engineers wet dream.

Halos coming to Indy cars...

Vandoorne out at McLaren for Lando Norris.. I know they think he's the second coming of Hamilton but that's what they were saying about Vandoorne two years ago.. Norris is going to have a far easier Spaniard to be measured against.

Brutal driver market this year. I hope that Torro Rosso do take Vandoorne as rumored, he really does deserve a real chance.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 09-04-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Hinchcliff has had a lot of bad wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Hinchcliff has had a lot of bad wrecks.
    Outside of Iowa and the podium at Barber it will be a season to forget for SPM.

Went to Portland this weekend and it was a great race. Nice to Sato win, I have now seen 2/3 of his career Indycar Wins.

Crowd was huge, traffic was backed up for hours trying to get in the track on race day. I don't think it will be long before it once again becomes the biggest attended sporting event in Oregon (as it was during the CART GI Joes days).

Alonso is testing at Barber today so we will see how he takes to the new car.

Also hearing the Harding Racing will become the Jr Andretti team and will be fielding Lights Champion Pato O'Ward and Colton Herta in association with the Steinbrenner family. Both of those dudes will win 500s and series championships.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Vandoorne out at McLaren for Lando Norris.. I know they think he's the second coming of Hamilton but that's what they were saying about Vandoorne two years ago.. Norris is going to have a far easier Spaniard to be measured against.

Brutal driver market this year. I hope that Torro Rosso do take Vandoorne as rumored, he really does deserve a real chance.
    What do you mean by Brutal? Its about time Silly Season has been interesting in the relatively uninteresting world of F1.

Hopefully Kubica and Ocon go to Williams

Perez staying at Force India?

That Italian Ferrari Reserve driver going to Haas and Grosjean out?

Grosjean probably fades into obscurity in WEC or DTM since he doesn't have the balls to race an Indycar.

Outside of Iowa and the podium at Barber it will be a season to forget for SPM.

Went to Portland this weekend and it was a great race. Nice to Sato win, I have now seen 2/3 of his career Indycar Wins.

Crowd was huge, traffic was backed up for hours trying to get in the track on race day. I don't think it will be long before it once again becomes the biggest attended sporting event in Oregon (as it was during the CART GI Joes days).

Alonso is testing at Barber today so we will see how he takes to the new car.

Also hearing the Harding Racing will become the Jr Andretti team and will be fielding Lights Champion Pato O'Ward and Colton Herta in association with the Steinbrenner family. Both of those dudes will win 500s and series championships.
    PIR usually has good competition, nice track.

I almost went, but over a week in advance I saw that all the paddock passes were sold out. $40 for a pit pass, no f'ing way...

Last time we went to PIR we took Max, so easy.

PIR usually has good competition, nice track.

I almost went, but over a week in advance I saw that all the paddock passes were sold out. $40 for a pit pass, no f'ing way...

Last time we went to PIR we took Max, so easy.

I bought the 3 day pass which included the Pit Pass, and Grandstand tickets in Stand K (inside of Festival Curves) for $169. Decent deal, got money's worth. Paddock at PIR is way more congested than some other tracks I've been to. Also hope to see the city pump some $$ into the facilty as it needs some TLC

It looks like Ocon, who had a stellar season so far is really getting screwed.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...r-ocon--horner
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Leclerc to Ferrari Kimi to Sauber.

Kimi at Sauber with the Petronas Redbull Credit Suisse livery is one of the GOAT cars. I believe that was the year Heidfeld got Sauber's first podium at Interlagos and they finished best of the rest for that year. Sauber one of the all time rad Teams

Leclerc to Ferrari Kimi to Sauber.
    Good. It's about time Kimi is shown the door. Why Ferrari kept him for so long is a mystery. Just as his enduring popularity. Too bad he's not going to Indycar or Rallycross or WEC or whatever but will, again, be quite good enough but not really there in a car that should go to a younger driver.
    Next year is going to be exciting with some new talents in first tier cars. Now, someone get Ocon a drive !
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso