Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Just saw that headline. Haven't read about it--and Red Bull had been saying they were close to signing him again, I thought. So Sainz is out? Who looks good for the Red Bull seat next year? I have trouble believing Renault will be competitive for podiums, with or without Ricciardo.
    I think he couldn't get the same deal or treatment from RB that Verstappen was getting and realization that Honda engines next year was a gamble.

Nowhere else to go. Vettel vetoed him at Ferrari as did probably Hamilton at Mercedes. Renault is a fair bet.. lots of rebuilding and hiring going on by 4th biggest manufacturer in world, history of success as supplier and works team

Verstappen and Sainz didn't get on at Torro Rosso. My money is they take Gasly, Sainz goes to McClaren replacing either Alonso who leaves F1 or Vandorme who goes to Torro Rosso.

Strong rumors of Leclerc deal with Ferrari having been done.. Kimi goes (back) to Sauber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I could see Sainz signing with RB to be a clear cut #2 but that’s purely uninformed speculation.

Ric is gonna rot at Renault. Too bad, I like the guy. But driving with Verstappen would drive me away too, if I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post

Ric is gonna rot at Renault.
    Nope... worse case he replaces Vettel or Hamilton at Ferrari or Merc in two years when their contracts expire and they likely retire.

I hope you’re right

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Nope... worse case he replaces Vettel or Hamilton at Ferrari or Merc in two years when their contracts expire and they likely retire.
    I think this is correct, as is the 'nowhere else to go' scenario that he probably was looking at. I just have trouble with having faith in Renault, but maybe they're on the verge of turning things around.
    [quote][//quote]

The timing of this and Force India going into administration sure leaves a lot of question marks about a number of other drivers.

Alonso to Indycar!!! Poor Riccardo, what a fool. Will always be a bridesmaid compared to Vettel and Hamilton. Had to go to a cucked team like Renault. Honda will deliver next season

All depends o. the car they give him. He certainly is capable of driving with Hamilton and Vettel, given the car.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

It's official..

Alonso to leave F1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...d-of-2018.html

What an incredible shame. One of the all time great talents, poor decisions through his career will mean the record books will never reflect it fully.

That sucks

It's official..

Alonso to leave F1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...d-of-2018.html

What an incredible shame. One of the all time great talents, poor decisions through his career will mean the record books will never reflect it fully.
    I think it will be all worth it when he is drinking an ice cold bottle of milk in victory lane at Indy in 2023

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fernando is a racers racer , what’s the point of droning around in 11th place every weekend and just managing the car.

F1 does not have the real battles Fernando wants. It’s all about managing a piece of technology. The human element is basically irrelevant.

In Indycar he will be fighting wheel to wheel with the best drivers in the world. Where he has complete control over his destiny.

It’s a no brainer a guy with over a hundred mil in the bank.

A win at Indy leads to Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Fernando is a racers racer , what’s the point of droning around in 11th place every weekend and just managing the car.

Honda doesn't does not have a car for the real battles Fernando wants. It’s all about managing a piece of technology. The human element is still critical, but a driver still needs a competitive car .

In Indycar he will be fighting wheel to wheel with a few good drivers in America. Where he has complete control over his destiny.

A win at Indy leads to a few Americans knowing his name, but most of the world forgetting about him.

Just a few adjustments and corrections, but yeah, you nailed it

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Just a few adjustments and corrections, but yeah, you nailed it
    Yea Fernando’s McLaren is powered by a Renault so you have no credibility

That's what happens when your house, TV and cable burn down. I haven't watch a single race this season. For some odd reason I've been a bit preoccupied and F1 has not been a priority.

iscariot

F1 does not have the real battles Fernando wants. It’s all about managing a piece of technology. The human element is basically irrelevant.

In Indycar he will be fighting wheel to wheel with the best drivers in the world. Where he has complete control over his destiny.

A win at Indy leads to Immortality

The talent pool in IndyCar just doubled.

It's worldwide market probably trebled.

I just hope he doesn't get hurt.. a driver who does not know how to not drive the wheels off a car and rely so much on natural talent is a bad mix with oval racing.

Oval racing is boring, I just don’t get it. I even find Indy fairly boring, Alonso is the most interesting thing to happen to the race since the 70s.

Oval racing is boring, I just don’t get it. I even find Indy fairly boring, Alonso is the most interesting thing to happen to the race since the 70s.
    You haven't been paying attention, man. During the CART glory days, the 500 was a relatively boring affair outside of the finishes of 1981, 1989, and 1995.

Since 2012 and with the exception of 2018, every 500 has been a heater. 30+ lead changes, finishes coming down to the last one or two laps. It doesn't get any better than that considering the other marquee races (LeMans and Monaco) are always pretty boring. The 500 is the one race that takes the perfect mix of skill, strategy, luck, and balls to win-which is why its the greatest race in the world...and why Alonso wants it so bad.

why Alonso wants it so bad.
    Is because he can't get an F1 drive in a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull (or even possibly a Renault) and that he doesn't want to drive the McLaren until they make one worthy of his talent.

If he could of got in a competitive F1 car.. he really wouldn't be giving Indy a second thought.

You haven't been paying attention, man. During the CART glory days, the 500 was a relatively boring affair outside of the finishes of 1981, 1989, and 1995.

Since 2012 and with the exception of 2018, every 500 has been a heater. 30+ lead changes, finishes coming down to the last one or two laps. It doesn't get any better than that considering the other marquee races (LeMans and Monaco) are always pretty boring. The 500 is the one race that takes the perfect mix of skill, strategy, luck, and balls to win-which is why its the greatest race in the world...and why Alonso wants it so bad.
    You just described stock car racing to a T.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    You just described stock car racing to a T.
    No Stock Car Oval Racing has no passing or completely manufactured racing like Plate races at Dega or Daytona.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about

Is because he can't get an F1 drive in a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull (or even possibly a Renault) and that he doesn't want to drive the McLaren until they make one worthy of his talent.

If he could of got in a competitive F1 car.. he really wouldn't be giving Indy a second thought.
    Which Says alot about how viable F1 is where only 4-5 drivers on 3 teams have a shot at winning every wekeend- What is the point if there is no chance to win, especially if you are the best driver in the world.

Even if he did have a competitve F1 seat, he would still go run Indy until he won the triple crown. Its quite apparent he recognizes the glory associated with winning the worlds most prestigious automobile race and also winning the triple crown. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run it every May even after he wins one.

I’ve tried to truly enjoy oval racing for two decades, doesn’t work for me. I enjoy watching Indycar races at places like Road America, sure, but I’m alienated from the series by the oval racing. I’m not the only one. I watched some of those Indy races.

I’ve tried to truly enjoy oval racing for two decades, doesn’t work for me. I enjoy watching Indycar races at places like Road America, sure, but I’m alienated from the series by the oval racing. I’m not the only one. I watched some of those Indy races.
    Fair enough , but I wouldn’t call the 2018 Verizon Indycar Series an ovalcentric schedule. There are only 5 ovals out of 17 events next season.

This season the best racing has been on the street circuits IMO although Mid Ohio was fun